ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Bugs / Feature Requests Archive (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/)
-   -   Search - issues (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/751107-search-issues.html)

f1_fan 06 March 2009 08:02 AM

Search - issues

I am finding the latest search is not particularly useful.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems that if you put 3 words in the search terms it finds posts with any of those 3 words in rather than all.

Is there anyway to make it search and only return posts with all the search terms in. I tired putting plus signs before the words like on some other forum searches, but it made no difference.

The search is one of the most useful functions on the site as there is a wealth of knowledge here and it is the key to finding it. Thanks.

lloydee 06 March 2009 11:12 AM

I second this.
Whatever I type in the search box seems to bring up unrelated topics.
Previously the search function used to be very accurate, so hopefully this will be sorted soon.

DJ Dunk 06 March 2009 11:34 AM

As mentioned in some of the other posts, try putting quotes around your search criteria.

eg. "tyres" "winter"
or. "dccd" "rolling road"

Also try to search on one forum to narrow the results. This highlights the benefits gained when people post in the correct forums :)

f1_fan 06 March 2009 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 8558250)
As mentioned in some of the other posts, try putting quotes around your search criteria.

eg. "tyres" "winter"
or. "dccd" "rolling road"

Good man, excellent. That works much better. :thumb:

DJ Dunk 06 March 2009 11:58 AM

No worries, it's not perfect but does give excellent results :)
-ing words still seem to be a bit problematic.

renny 06 March 2009 12:31 PM

Thanks for the replies people - still can't find anything related to the removal of Hawkeye grilles though(nothing of any use anyway).

I just know there is a thread regarding this out there,it was easy to find before but just can't locate it now.It gave a link to another site that someone had posted full instructions with pictures on the best way to do it.

Search also only seems to bring up 4 pages of not always related answers and just doesn't seem to go that far back.

DJ Dunk 06 March 2009 12:50 PM

Not everyone will call it the 'Hawkeye', I found this easily using "MY06" "grille" ;)

Grillcraft - Genuine Sport Grilles - Installs

renny 07 March 2009 12:04 AM

Smart arse with too much time on their hands :lol1:

andysugs 07 March 2009 07:41 AM

i am also having major issues navigating round the site the search via google or scooby net was fantastic and could find useful information within a click or two,i have spent an hour so far and got nowhere close to answering my enquiry.
BRING BACK THE OLD SE.ARCH PLEASE

ChristianR 08 March 2009 08:33 PM

why cant you search for sale /wanted?