ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   It's ok everyone.. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/750874-its-ok-everyone.html)

+Doc+ 05 March 2009 10:07 AM

It's ok everyone..

The government is printing more money!
We are all saved.

/me nips out to put a deposit on a luxury flat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7924234.stm

Leslie 05 March 2009 10:48 AM

Sheer desperation, we will need wheelbarrows to take enough cash to the shops!

Les

tanyatriangles 05 March 2009 11:21 AM

Well it worked for the Germans in the 30's................oh, hang on:rolleyes:

Nurse Gladys 05 March 2009 11:28 AM

How will they know where to send my share to? :confused:

Typical government - putting more people out of work - especially my mate who's also printing money!!! :lol1::lol1:

EddScott 05 March 2009 11:39 AM

Only place it really worked was Japan in the 90s but they had strong exports while we all bought their products.

It won't work. They'll be more money yes but demand for products will increase and so will the prices of said products - coupled with a currency on its knees and everything is about to get even more expensive because we've lost the ability to make anything for ourselves. They say that inflation is not an issue anymore but this could send inflation up very quickly.

If you think about it there was a slow down in the amount of bad news in Jan and Feb and the market seemed to stabilise at 4K. Now, we've had RBS, HSBC, interest cuts we don't believe will work, Quantative Masturbation that will only pleasure the banks and the market is falling near enough everyday and its 3.5K.

If we continue to get more and more bad news or something a bit serious happens in the states, I honestly see a full on rout of the markets and eventual collapse - it will be so fast it will probably start and finish within a few day.

GC8 05 March 2009 03:48 PM

This only works (in theory) through the inflation that it creates. After five years everyones relative debt is reduced as it remains constant, whilst everything else rockets upwards.....

What a shower of b*stards.

unclebuck 05 March 2009 03:52 PM

Oh good, I was hoping the government would try something that hasn't worked once in the history of mankind.

Nu Labour doesn't disappoint.

paulr 05 March 2009 03:57 PM

Has anyone seen that program on BBC3 called spendaholics where people lived beyond their means. We are now living it on a national scale.

Answer, cut back spending, increase earning. Stop the bull$hit Mr Brown (and all politicians), and say it how it is.

GC8 05 March 2009 04:12 PM

Whats amusing is that they see bank-funded spending as the way through the crisis. No one seems to acknowledge that its spending what we cant afford that f*cked everything up in the first place!

EddScott 05 March 2009 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8556207)
This only works (in theory) through the inflation that it creates. After five years everyones relative debt is reduced as it remains constant, whilst everything else rockets upwards.....

What a shower of b*stards.

I posted a link to an article on here (which I can't find now) which suggested that inflation was actually rising. The decrease in VAT and interest rate cuts have caused the drop in RPI making inflation old news and deflation the buzz word - however taking those out and using CPI its stuck at 3%.

However, its in the governments interest now to have rising inflation so they can effectly inflate their way out of these stupid debts.

NotoriousREV 05 March 2009 05:23 PM

Time to start bartering. Will fix computers for food...

Luan Pra bang 05 March 2009 07:29 PM

Surely some high inflation is a good thing for those in debt, Your £500,000 mortgage will soon equate to one years salary for a bus driver so those with big debts should be praying for hyper inflation. Some Zimbabwe style 1000 percent a week antics will do me the world of good. Who else is praying for hyper inflation ? The savers may not love it but as a nation we have more debts than savings.

EddScott 05 March 2009 07:36 PM

But isn't that IF wages go up as well?

If thats the case, I'm all for it.

Terminator X 05 March 2009 08:59 PM

You think wages will keep up with inflation :wonder:

Who's expecting a pay rise this year :(

TX.

the bear1986 05 March 2009 10:12 PM

i hear that i haven't had a pay rise in 4 years it's s**t. this whole govement is a joke what i don't understand is how these idiots got voted in last time???