ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Banks still at it... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/750668-banks-still-at-it.html)

FlightMan 04 March 2009 01:32 PM

Banks still at it...

Read this elsewhere

QUOTE/

Looks like enterprise is alive and well at RBS. My wife who works for them has just had a letter informing her that she's getting a 14.5% wage rise. All staff who previously got profit bonus, now withdrawn at the behest of the govt, will get a 10% wage rise to compensate.

/QUOTE.

Good luck negotiating yourselves 10% pay rises folks! :razz:

davegtt 04 March 2009 01:36 PM

2% here :( Better than a kick in the teeth though I guess, could have been jack all so got be be grateful for something :thumb:

OllyK 04 March 2009 01:39 PM

And while we have a government that will just keep throwing cash at them, do you really think they will change?

dpb 04 March 2009 01:51 PM

Corse the average jo has no say in the matter - even tho we own the co. :mad:

Geezer 04 March 2009 02:02 PM

We're getting 4.5%, no news on a bonus. I don't hold out much hope for one though!

Geezer

Wurzel 04 March 2009 02:22 PM

I have not had a payrise in over 3 years, I didn't get a bonus last year and they are asking us to take a 5% pay cut. Oh yeah and I work for the biggest IT company in the world who's turnover is in the billions of dollars range.

Andy-C 04 March 2009 03:08 PM

no pay rise for 2 years, just have taken a 30% cut in wages just to keep a job. This country sucks :(

cookstar 04 March 2009 03:36 PM

Only got 3.6% this year, I say only as at one point it looked like it was going to be closer to 7%, (RPI linked)

Should still be getting a bonus in June, but nothing like what the banks used to award. :(

hodgy0_2 04 March 2009 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 8553596)
I have not had a payrise in over 3 years, I didn't get a bonus last year and they are asking us to take a 5% pay cut. Oh yeah and I work for the biggest IT company in the world who's turnover is in the billions of dollars range.

is that micro$ft by any chance

Clarebabes 04 March 2009 04:10 PM

I think alot of these cost cutting measures, especially in large companies, is more to do with shareholders wanting to see things being done to protect their interests. Friend of mine works for a multi-billion dollar international company and has just had her hours cut by 20%. She still has the same amount of work to do! So they're saving money, plus still getting the work done... Looks good for the shareholders doesn't it?

As for the banks, it's institutional culture. Takes alot to change and us moaning about it is never going to have any effect on them.

Geezer 04 March 2009 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 8553596)

That sounds suspiciously like IBM! I used to work for them, they do all they can to avoid giving you a pay rise!

Geezer

Rorschach 04 March 2009 05:53 PM

bonus gone here but 11% pay rise was given in jan so no complains from me

douglasb 04 March 2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 8553766)
is that micro$ft by any chance

Sounds like it could be HP.....

Simon C 04 March 2009 08:35 PM

8% last year, sweet FA this year :( Again IT / comms and financial processing.

Wurzel 05 March 2009 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by douglasb (Post 8554421)
Sounds like it could be HP.....

Give that man a carrot :D

Here is summat to keep you all amused aswell.

DamianSaunders.net HP Pay Cuts - an unfair act of economic oportunism and greed.

and

http://www.union-network.org/UNIIBIT...B?Opendocument

jacrobat 05 March 2009 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 8553485)
2% here :( Better than a kick in the teeth though I guess, could have been jack all so got be be grateful for something :thumb:

You lot get quite nice bonuses though

JPF 05 March 2009 01:46 PM

From what I understand bank staff that generally get paid a low wage have performance based bonuses to supplement there wage, this isn't the big guys that screwed everything up, I think people forget that(probably not helped by our wonderful media reporting). I'm guessing that if the staff aren't getting bonuses anymore its only fair there wage goes up to a fair level, people I know that work in banks get paid far less than me and deserve a lot more for the job they do.

Clarebabes 05 March 2009 03:21 PM

That Damian Saunders article is brilliant. It's going on everywhere, not just HP. Blantant greed with an ideal excuse.

FlightMan 05 March 2009 03:26 PM

Top 6 execs received over $142,000,000 in renumeration last year.

Lost for words.