ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Forester STi šnew Key immobiliser problem !! HELP :( (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/750587-forester-sti-new-key-immobiliser-problem-help.html)

d2racing 04 March 2009 01:05 AM

Forester STi šnew Key immobiliser problem !! HELP :(

Hi there,

i decided to start a thread here as i have a problem with my forester STi.

a month ago, i've an accident with another car and lost my keys during the accident (in a river...)

So i've ordered a new key for my Forester STi directly at the subaru dealer here in France.

i have now a problem ... subaru france told me there is no immobiliser on the jdm cars and the car is looking like there is one as i can't start it!!! the ignition turn and starter motor do work but the engine does not start... so looking like there's an immobiliser active on it.

does somebody know if there is a way to cut the immobiliser or Remap the ecu using ecuflash to match the key? if yes, can somebody tell me how to proceed... i don't know what is the original code of new subaru's keys if there is one to match the ecu.

Any help will be much appreciated!!

i have a buyer that will come to see the car in the end of the week and the nearest subaru garage from my home is located 80 miles away :( and subaru france are not sure if they actually can encode my key as it's a JDM model!

thanks for help!!!!

killa 04 March 2009 02:58 AM

not sure on the jdm but if the key has a code then it's linked to the ecu, you could change the ecu or take the ecu into a different car and code it,
the main dealer software could poss code the key which will be your best bet, try to pm or get hold of lichfield imports as they sell/import and map the foresters so will know about ecu's more than I do..
other option fish out your old keys..

d2racing 04 March 2009 10:48 AM

Fish out the old keys is not a bad idea :D

just should found them ahah!

I don't really know how to do it, i'll try to contact lichfield and we will see! if someone have another idea do not hesitate :)

d2racing 06 March 2009 10:50 PM

BTTT !

drove the car today on a trailer to subaru dealer for encode the key....

have a big problem... the system asked for a Secure ID Number (5 digits) that i dont have :( does somebody know where i can request this number? :(

thanks!!!

the secure id should be a second number gived to owner with the key number.

d2racing 08 March 2009 10:54 PM

bttt :( no answers? :(

adam1942 06 February 2016 11:17 AM

@d2racing I know its a long shot.. a long long shot.. However I've only got one key for my Forester STi.

I have my primary key with two security code tags on it. Still working etc. Just worried Ill lose it.

I got a new key cut and have the exact same issue. Everyone thought there was no immobilizer but apparently there's something.

Can you give me the part ID if you still have it from 7 years ago lol :)

What was your outcome? Did you get sorted?