ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   New Audi TTRS - 340bhp (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/750383-new-audi-ttrs-340bhp.html)

Hoppy 03 March 2009 01:27 PM

New Audi TTRS - 340bhp

340bhp plus turbo torque from 5cyl 2.5, trick 4WD, 1450kg. Only £43 grand * :eek:

Should go well with chips :D

* My wife's V6 TT listed at £37k three years ago, and I just bought it for £15k...

The Audi TT Forum • View topic - **Official** UK TT 'RS' Details, prices and pictures

chris singleton 03 March 2009 01:50 PM

Quite like the coupe but the roadster doesn't look quite right. Think of loads of other cars I'd rather have for 43k but like you say, in a couple of years could be good value.

My Mrs loved her 225 TT coupe, we'd have another in an instant :)

Janspeed 03 March 2009 04:49 PM

43k!??!? Blimey in this climate...........

HankScorpio 03 March 2009 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hoppy (Post 8550630)
340bhp plus turbo torque from 5cyl 2.5, trick 4WD, 1450kg. Only £43 grand * :eek:

That's all very well but what about mpg, emissions, tax and the amount of recycled and recyclable materials used...?

Oh, wait, no one in here really GaF, carry on :D

Hoppy 03 March 2009 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 8551238)
Oh, wait, no one in here really GaF, carry on :D

LOL But those touchy FRS buyers will be pi55ed off when their hairdresser flies past ;)

Spooky Mulder 04 March 2009 12:51 AM

For that money you could get a.....

....OK, broken record I know. But the depreciation is likely to be MUCH less than an Audi of any kind.

RyanSTI 04 March 2009 07:30 AM

i've got a sound clip, let me post it up.

stilover 04 March 2009 10:41 AM

£43k + Options.

This car will easily be nearer £50k.

Too much for a TT IMHO.

HankScorpio 04 March 2009 11:17 AM

If it lives up to the RS branding, residuals should be quite good (global economic meltdown excepted).

50k for specc'd up, 4wd, premium german sports coupe - I'd have one.

Too much for a TT is like saying 60k RS4 is too much for an A4 or 60k M3 is too much for a 3 series.
RS has always been a different beast and as long as it meets or exceeds those expectations, seems like a ok price.

Hoppy 04 March 2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Spooky Mulder (Post 8552688)
For that money you could get a.....

....OK, broken record I know. But the depreciation is likely to be MUCH less than an Audi of any kind.

Go on Spooks! Ok, let me :D

If we're talking new price money, I don't think it is coicidence that a Cayman 3.4 stands at £44k. It has 320bhp and 0-62 in 5.4. This new Audi will do that in 4.6. It is a very fast car.

We don't get many performance oriented 4WD turbo cars launched these days, and that's what interests me. Check out the power graphs (half way down the link in the OP) and it is obvious Audi has clipped the mid-range torque bulge to give a more NA feel.

Which means there's got to be masses more torque there for just a £500 remap. Turning this into a 420/400 car will be a doddle.

Anybody who buys one of these new needs their head testing right now, but in a couple of years when used prices are closer to 20 grand (which they will be) it's going to be interesting.

Terminator X 04 March 2009 01:39 PM

If peeps don't buy them now, how will you get a bargain in a few years time ;)

TX.

Originally Posted by Hoppy (Post 8553189)
Anybody who buys one of these new needs their head testing right now, but in a couple of years when used prices are closer to 20 grand (which they will be) it's going to be interesting.

talizman 04 March 2009 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 8553496)

TX.

They will, there are mugs everywhere! ;)

Having said that, I like it a lot :cool: must be the hairdresser in me! :D

P1Fanatic 04 March 2009 02:11 PM

I prefer the current TT's lines to the original model and I must admit when my nextdoor neighbors brother came over in his TTS it looked very nice in the flesh.

Simon

Spooky Mulder 04 March 2009 03:43 PM

If people will pay £40K for a tricked up 135i then this looks like a bargain.

Still a Golf in a tarty dress though ;)

fattb 04 March 2009 08:17 PM

Sounds good in the second clip

The Audi TT Forum • View topic - Video of TT RS Unveiling at Geneva...

Hoppy 04 March 2009 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 8553496)

TX.

I know what you're saying TX, and while there are still just as many mugs out there, some of them haven't got much money! Sure, if the car doesn't sell well, then obviously there won't be many around and prices will be high. In which case, they can keep it.

I can't see this car being a hot seller at £43k against a Cayman, or anything else for that matter, so Audi might soon be into heavy discounting once the novelty wears off, while retaining a high list figure that they can always revert to. Interesting marketing game, especially considering Porsche also controls VAG!

But Audi has presumably put this car out to sell, or they could easily have shelved it. And I think it could be a heck of a good car - the spec is very like a mini Nissan GTR, and that has shown what can be done with a bit of technology in a front-engined 4WD configuration. If you could get one for £35k, I think it's worth £10k more than an FRS.

Depreciation in this new-age of motoring will be interesting. But I note that the RS4 listed at over £50k new, and now two year old cars are selling for high twenties. There's a cracking looking 06 saloon in AT now, must have at least £3k of extras, and it's going for £26.5k with just 15k miles.

Terminator X 05 March 2009 03:09 PM

^^ I'm waiting for the £25k RS4 :norty:

TX.

paulwrxboro 05 March 2009 10:32 PM

Auto Trader UK - AUDI RS4 RS 4 Quattro 4dr Saloon

ovno ;)