ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/news-and-announcements-408/)
-   -   [New Feature] iTrader now installed on ScoobyNet. (https://www.scoobynet.com/news-and-announcements-408/750266-new-feature-itrader-now-installed-on-scoobynet.html)

Evolution Stu 02 March 2009 10:18 PM

[New Feature] iTrader now installed on ScoobyNet.

Welcome to Scoobynet's newest feature - iTrader.

iTrader is a user feedback system that works very much like the system currently in use on ebay in as much as it shows feedback score in a very similar manner.

Each member now has a trader score in his profile under his username so buyers and sellers can instantly see if members have any past problem history or of course are well regarded by the other members.

As with any system, it is open to abuse so I have configured it so you can only rate members on sales that were posted on this forum that you can link to so it limits your ability to rate people who have never sold anything.

Please note, when bad feedback is left it mails the webteam so we can look into why it has been left.

The ScoobyNet iTrader User's Guide

Before you can utilise iTrader, you will need to be logged in. Once you have logged in and are ready to leave iTrader Feedback for another member you must navigate to the "transaction thread".

The transaction thread is the thread where the advertiser with whom you have completed (or not) a transaction of some form is selling or buying the goods or service that your feedback will be about.

To exchange any Feedback using this system you have no choice but to fill in the link proving that the transaction was genuine and allowing readers to refer to it. This stops a lot of potential abuse of the system and will only allow feedback to be given to the buyer and seller of an individual transaction.

How to leave a seller feedback.

Step One: Locate the transaction thread.
(The thread where the goods you have purchased or sold are advertised).

Step Two: Once you are within the transaction thread make sure you are viewing the very first post of the thread (made by the advertiser) and present directly underneath the member's post count you will see the iTrader label (circled in red below). To the right of this is a number in brackets. This number represents that members iTrader Feedback Rating.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/06...coreMedium.jpg

Step Three: Click the number next to the iTrader label and you will then be directed to that members iTrader Feedback Rating. (You can also view a members iTrader Feedback Rating on their profile page. Simply click on their username and view their forum profile). As you can see from the image below all of the associated items you would expect to see are present.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/06...pageMedium.jpg

Step Four: To submit feedback for the member simply click the 'Submit Feedback' button. (Circled in red)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/06...bmitMedium.jpg

Step Five: Follow the steps outlined in the image below. Once you have filled out the form, click the Submit button.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/06...ailsMedium.jpg

Because authorised Scoobynet traders will be selling over the telephone, you are welcome to leave them feedback linked to the topics created in the traders contact forum.

That completes the iTrader Feedback Rating process. Make sure that you reciprocate all ratings you receive.

Thanks to Mike, Adrian and the team at IB for another flawless installation. :banana:

Connor_scotland 03 March 2009 08:05 AM

Nice one guys.

Been needing this for a while. Hopefully this will weed out the scum

escott 03 March 2009 08:22 AM

Is it possible to rate transactions on the previous software, which happened a while ago?

Evolution Stu 03 March 2009 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by escott (Post 8549873)
Is it possible to rate transactions on the previous software, which happened a while ago?

Yes, I plan to arrange a one week period where this can happen.

slipstream_uk 03 March 2009 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland (Post 8549846)
Nice one guys.

Been needing this for a while. Hopefully this will weed out the scum

:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

rbaz 03 March 2009 03:09 PM

Sorry if it written down somewhere I can’t see it :rolleyes:
Is the feedback just left for the seller or can the seller then leave feedback for you as the buyer? It asks which you are when you leave it.
So the rating is actually a buyer/seller total?

w88chy 03 March 2009 06:46 PM

When I search my previous posts, I cannot see the for sale threads I have started?

I have sold a few things, Dunx bought Prodrive STi Foglight Covers, another gent bought polish etc.....

Weird

STI_Baly 03 March 2009 07:01 PM

Glad to see this too, sure has been a long awaited worthy addition to SN.

Well Done

ianc61 03 March 2009 07:07 PM

This is a great feature to help people buying, and selling

rbaz 03 March 2009 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by rbaz (Post 8550891)
Sorry if it written down somewhere I can’t see it :rolleyes:
Is the feedback just left for the seller or can the seller then leave feedback for you as the buyer? It asks which you are when you leave it.
So the rating is actually a buyer/seller total?

It's ok I have a 1 in my trader score so it's for both :thumb:

Fat Boi Mike 03 March 2009 10:14 PM

Rbaz.. was it you who sold me the penis pump?

rbaz 03 March 2009 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fat Boi Mike (Post 8552346)
Rbaz.. was it you who sold me the penis pump?

Shhhh they will all want one ;)

bob r 04 March 2009 09:45 PM

So to confirm, I have bought and sold loads in the past so will I be able to give and recieve feedback scores in the '1 week period' as it states above?

Evolution Stu 05 March 2009 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by bob r (Post 8554806)
So to confirm, I have bought and sold loads in the past so will I be able to give and recieve feedback scores in the '1 week period' as it states above?

Yes. I will send a group mail when the time comes. likely next week.

Connor_scotland 05 March 2009 08:03 AM

Ah smooth

Arch 13 March 2009 11:37 PM

Stu
I know I emailed you early on when you became involved and highlighted many issues that I had personally with scoobynet. I have to say that I was sceptical about your intentions and will to improve things. I will gladly say I was wrong the changes made have vastly enhanced this BB and have helped to improve the experience.
Hats off to you - and your team - well done
regards
Archie

Evolution Stu 14 March 2009 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Arch (Post 8575384)
Stu
I know I emailed you early on when you became involved and highlighted many issues that I had personally with scoobynet. I have to say that I was sceptical about your intentions and will to improve things. I will gladly say I was wrong the changes made have vastly enhanced this BB and have helped to improve the experience.
Hats off to you - and your team - well done
regards
Archie

Very kind thanks. Got quite a way to go yet, but we will get there. :king:

Arch 14 March 2009 01:51 PM

No problem Stu credit were credit is due we are all often quick to criticise and slow to praise.

Just a quick query does the system allow feedback for the buyer in a transaction.
thanks
Archie

Evolution Stu 14 March 2009 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Arch (Post 8576077)
Just a quick query does the system allow feedback for the buyer in a transaction.

Yes Archie it does.
Once you leave feedback as either a buyer or sellwer, the system E-Mails the recipient so he can review it, and he can literally press the Reciprocate button and it will fill in everything bar the comment for him so he can comment and pres submit. :)

SC008Y_MAD 14 March 2009 02:41 PM

It does work and it is fairly straight forward to complete. I think it is going to take a little while to get used to it.

Could I make a suggestion?

In the text box where you write your comment, could you at the end have a count down from 80 characters like on ebay? Just a thought.

Silvafox 19 March 2009 09:46 AM

I'm trying to use the itrader comment box and it's only one character wide? Is this a temporary problem?

I think itrader is a good idea by the way...

Cheers

Silvafox 29 March 2009 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Silvafox (Post 8586495)
I'm trying to use the itrader comment box and it's only one character wide? Is this a temporary problem?

I think itrader is a good idea by the way...

Cheers

I still have the same problem...

Can someone fix it please so I can leave itrader feedback.

Thanks.

Evolution Stu 29 March 2009 06:34 PM

Sorry, i missed this, please can you report it in the bugs forum with details of your browser and screen resolution. A screen shot would be the icing on the cake!

The Rig 23 May 2009 11:21 PM

I have left feedback for a seller as there was a submit feedback link,but on ym profile,for the seller to leave buyer feedback,my profile has no submit feedback link,why`s that ????

Evolution Stu 22 January 2010 01:39 PM

BTTT