ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   WENGER THE SAME SPIEL AS 4 YEARS AGO (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/750247-wenger-the-same-spiel-as-4-years-ago.html)

webby v7 slipperwagon 02 March 2009 08:12 PM

WENGER THE SAME SPIEL AS 4 YEARS AGO

Arsene Wenger, is spooling the same lines he was 4 yhears ago. These young players will be..........what off to other clubs. I'm afraid Arsenal have ground to a halt. I cant belive he's still coming out with the same spiel. The once invincibles are now looking ridiculous. That great team was never replaced, i really think the gaffer is believing his own hype. Even at full strength, they are no way good enough to win anything serious. I really think with a big offer for fab from real madrid, he will be sold or put in a request himself. I really think that is why he has bought Arshavin as a replacment. Arsenal football club,(more so wenger) have lost there way. We need, desperatley new blood on the coaching staff, fresh ideas and someone who wont be scared of upsetting wenger. Oh bollocks, i'm really peeved with it all:mad:

STi wanna Subaru 03 March 2009 09:03 AM

I'm hoping United come in with a big offer for Cesc.

Bravo2zero_sps 03 March 2009 09:06 AM

I'm glad i'm no longer the only disheartened and thoroughly fed up Gooner. It seemed only a season or two ago on here I was slated for my anti Wenger stance with his youth policy but now it is growing substantially. I was surprised to hear the fans were shouting sack the manager after the Fulham game (if those reports are true that is).

He will not listen to anyone or look at the results and see that his policy is not working and will not work. Man Utd's policy works to perfection as much as it pains me to say it they are by far the best team. A squad made up of highly experienced internationals and talented youth coming through. How Wenger thought a youth team would ever develop without a balance of highly experienced players is beyond me.

We are not going to qualify for Champions League and as soon as that happens the few remaining big names will be off. We are in a downward spiral and it wont get better until Wenger stops buying kids and buys several very experienced players, namely two centre halves and two centre backs* and build around them.

*Toure and Gallas are now coming together which is promising but how long it will last remains to be seen with their dislike for each other - they have never been able to play well together previously for this reason.

The bottom line is that never replacing the Vieira/Gilberto and Henry/Bergkamp partnerships has been Wenger's biggest mistake. Take the 1st team from 6 years ago and compare with the players who play in those positions now and it is pathetic unfortunately :(

DaveBeck 03 March 2009 04:08 PM

Yeah ive been fed up all season to be honest. writing this season off.
I dont agree with statement that with our full squad we arent good enough. Its the depth and defensive mid we miss.

Havent conceded in 6 games isnt it?? the 2 CB's seem ok at moment.

And you have never been the only one who saw what was happening mate. Ive been equally fed up along with all my gooner mates

Going to be a laughing stock if we cant get into CL. almost as bad as yids in their relegation battle ;)

ash1 03 March 2009 05:35 PM

i think all this stuff about rafa has taken the limelight off wenger, he should be getting slaughtered by the media, more so than RB

tanyatriangles 03 March 2009 06:52 PM

Can't see Arsenal doing much until that stadium is paid for...........a few years yet.

DaveBeck 03 March 2009 08:04 PM

correction, stadium gets paid off end of this year once highbury development pays end of this year.

doesnt matter as he doesnt spend

DaveBeck 03 March 2009 08:16 PM

watching the arsenal game. i know WB arent best team in league but need to start with a stronger attack. :mad:

webby v7 slipperwagon 03 March 2009 10:41 PM

He like tonights line up, shows, just has this pigheaded ability, to not see out of the box. Ok got a result tonight but FFS, he needs some help, if he will accept it. I really think we need a change of staff around him, FFS get Bergy in and get the crap hanging around out. Arsenal are stagnant, and, will we be hearing in another 4 years, this young team will be challenging in a couple of seasons, crap. By the time we do challenge, we'll all be driving around in cars powered by spuds.

webby v7 slipperwagon 04 March 2009 08:52 AM

Just saw the highlights of Chelski v's Arsenal, when flo and petrescu put chelsea 2-0 up. Then the come back, Kanu getting one of the best hatricks ever and his third goal was sublime. Thats when, no matter what the score was, you always felt Arsenal would come back. Thats the difference, with the squad now, you have no idea what is going to happen

Funkii Munkii 04 March 2009 09:14 AM

I'd say Bergkamps against Leicester pisses on Kanu's

webby v7 slipperwagon 05 March 2009 10:28 PM

Yeh, deffo. But this was against chelski

DaveBeck 06 March 2009 01:03 PM

nice youth cup win against the yids last night :thumb:

WhatswiththeR 06 March 2009 04:57 PM

3-1 can't be bad i thought the spuds might nick it though was really nervous esp seeing as we was all over them

pauld37 06 March 2009 04:57 PM

More useless kids for the "future" Dave :p

DaveBeck 06 March 2009 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by LondonTownie (Post 8558810)
3-1 can't be bad i thought the spuds might nick it though was really nervous esp seeing as we was all over them

Was a good game and was good to hear all the "what do we call sh!t" songs from the gooner supporters. well supported.

Loved Bould's interview at end saying that Murphy should of run into corner instead of going for goal lol

Wilshere showed good glimpses but you could see he was pissed off playing in that cup, hope he doesnt turn into another Bently.

DaveBeck 06 March 2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 8558811)
More useless kids for the "future" Dave :p

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

WhatswiththeR 06 March 2009 07:13 PM

yea wilshere's got great talent hope they nutire it properly i think hes best suited down the middle just behind the two strikers

DaveBeck 06 March 2009 11:36 PM

defo, way he moves through the middle and plays the ball is like gerrard play, just need to make him a finished article. no one better with youth then Wenger.

probably sell him to Birmingham though

pauld37 08 March 2009 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8559027)
:sleep::sleep::sleep:

You're more interesting asleep

chocolate_o_brian 08 March 2009 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 8562512)
You're more interesting asleep

He can't sleep, he's on schmack :cuckoo: :D

pauld37 08 March 2009 07:18 PM

Good win for the Arse today though. They finally get to play at the New Wembley, even Shrewsbury have played there! :D

DaveBeck 08 March 2009 10:51 PM

Not yet we still have to play Hull lol

Played well and nice to see few players get some confidence back

walcott and eduardo back should certainly help our cause.

im always on smack ;)

pauld37 09 March 2009 04:52 PM

:wonder: Thought you were playing the quarters yesterday, wrong! :D

Gav 09 March 2009 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8559828)
No one better with youth then Wenger

Fergie is:p

DaveBeck 09 March 2009 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by scoobygav555 (Post 8565040)
Fergie is:p

We could be here all night debating that one ;)

chocolate_o_brian 09 March 2009 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8565341)
We could be here all night debating that one ;)

Not really...

Our youth team were mainly eligable for the home nations so good for British football in general.

Our youth team won more trophies and have/did stick together for longer.

Alan Hansen didn't make the mother of all fcuk up's with a classic comment like he did our kids. :D

I await your retort Sir Beck ;)

DaveBeck 10 March 2009 12:29 AM

Being a manager in a country doesnt make you have to bring through national youth ;)

And when did i ever care what that jock said :lol1:

Wenger has a passion for african/french players. look at the players he has given them and developed players who were thought to be no good.

Your youth team of Beckham/Neville/scholes/gigs was awesome mate, i cant deny what he did there but he hasnt really developed every season since. dont know how old ronaldo was but cant rule him out.

Wenger is consistant and at least 2 players a year are bought in to the squad. I know evans and welbeck are in your squad this year also.

yeah last youth cup was 2001 :cry: but in all honesty neither SAF or Wenger has anything to do with that, its the development after this stage which they are both good at.

pleae dont call me sir, i work for a living :D

chocolate_o_brian 10 March 2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8566426)
Being a manager in a country doesnt make you have to bring through national youth ;)

And when did i ever care what that jock said :lol1:

Wenger has a passion for african/french players. look at the players he has given them and developed players who were thought to be no good.

Your youth team of Beckham/Neville/scholes/gigs was awesome mate, i cant deny what he did there but he hasnt really developed every season since. dont know how old ronaldo was but cant rule him out.

Wenger is consistant and at least 2 players a year are bought in to the squad. I know evans and welbeck are in your squad this year also.

yeah last youth cup was 2001 :cry: but in all honesty neither SAF or Wenger has anything to do with that, its the development after this stage which they are both good at.

pleae dont call me sir, i work for a living :D

:lol1: I don't :D

Gav 10 March 2009 01:55 PM

Sir CoB :D