ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What would you have done... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/749933-what-would-you-have-done.html)

finalzero 01 March 2009 06:23 PM

What would you have done...

So had an odd event in the early hours...

Was playing Street Fighter 4 on my PS3 (when I should have been in bed). About 5:30 am I hear the doorbell ring and for some reason didn't bother looking at who it was and opened the door...

There was this skinny white guy freezing to death, he had obviously been out on a bender and was totally disorientated, asking to come in.

He caught me by surprise and I got a bit angry because I had just lost for the 100th time to SETH on SF4 (I hate him!) - I told the guy to piss off before I knock him out and closed the door on him.

He staggered off down the street at this point so I grabbed the phone and called the police as I was worried the guy might end up dead in the cold!

But now I am wondering if I should have let him in, then called the police...

The joys of drinking hey, get so **** faced you end up totally lost and vulnerable.

tanyatriangles 01 March 2009 06:29 PM

I reckon I'd have done the same as you, keep him out, then call the coppers, who will be too busy booking motorists to attend.

Nurse Gladys 01 March 2009 06:32 PM

Trouble is if you'd let him in would he suddenly have sobbered up & pulled a knife or similar?

Unfortunately in this day & age you have to look out for number one!

I say you did the right thing!

Did you win on the 101st go?

GlesgaKiss 01 March 2009 06:35 PM

If he genuinly looked passive and vulnerable I would have tried to help him in some way, although maybe not let him in.

yoza 01 March 2009 06:52 PM

I wouldnt have opened the door.

njkmrs 01 March 2009 06:57 PM

If I were you I would stop drinking so you dont end up in this state .:thumb:

corradoboy 01 March 2009 07:02 PM

Tell him to wait, shut and lock the door, throw the crappiest jumper from your gardening clothes pile out for him.

Nat 01 March 2009 07:07 PM

Opening the door at 5am on a Sat night/Sundya morning is never going to be good news.

PaulC72 01 March 2009 07:11 PM

You should have shook him down for any cash he may have had left ;)

Joking aside you did the right thing.

stistussy 01 March 2009 07:14 PM

fork that,no way would i be opening the door at that time.what if his mates where waiting to rush you for your car keys!:nono: :nono: :nono: sorry but not worth the risk.

phil_wrx 01 March 2009 07:21 PM

punch him :D then fireball him streetfighter style

wwp8 01 March 2009 07:22 PM

that was ridiculous,
what i would have done...

roundhouse kick, shoryuken, and then spinning kick, and then hadoken twice,

phil_wrx 01 March 2009 07:43 PM

i would of super finished him with a 9 hit combo

cookstar 01 March 2009 07:45 PM

Tough one that, big assumption he had been on a bender, he may well have been but mugged/beaten up on his way home.

Easy to say what you would and wouldn't do now, but there is no way I would have let a stranger into my family home, you did the right thing calling the police, did they give any further reports to you?

mickywrx 01 March 2009 07:49 PM

I would have looked on the CCTV; don't know who the fek that is and ignored the doorbell.

It works for people you don't like too. ;)

SunnySideUp 01 March 2009 07:49 PM

I would have asked him in and then kicked his butt on Street Fighter :lol1:

mickywrx 01 March 2009 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 8547135)
I would have asked him in and then kicked his butt on Street Fighter :lol1:

Didn't think PS3 would be your thing Pete? Let alone still being up at 5.30am.

SunnySideUp 01 March 2009 08:00 PM

It ISN'T!!!

And I'm not such a geek as to be on it at 5:30am - that is seriously troublesome!

But, I do understand these things ;)

billyray911 01 March 2009 08:48 PM

Most bag-head burglars look ill and disorientated as they tend to score before and after going out 'earning'.
The early hours of the morning are their prime hours to commit burglaries.If they think someone may be up,some tend to knock on doors to confirm, before breaking in.You may have been one of numerous doors that he had tried.
Could have been perfectly innocent,but i think your decision was a good one.
Especially if your car was on the drive or if its been clocked as belonging to your address,you may get unwanted attention:Suspiciou

kingofturds 01 March 2009 08:54 PM

I would have been playing halo wars, and took any alcohol he had off him for safe keeping

what would scooby do 01 March 2009 09:06 PM

There was this skinny white guy.. and was totally disorientated
Sounds like Astraboy after a rave :lol1:

StickyMicky 01 March 2009 09:15 PM

:lol:

GC8 01 March 2009 09:23 PM

Rhod isnt a pillmonster.....

Jay m A 01 March 2009 09:30 PM

Well a few years ago I had a similar experience, except it wasn't a skinny white guy, but a fat black guy.

I was watching one of the early morning F1 qualifiers live, this bloke could hardly speak a coherent word, but apparently I was his friend and would I buy the carpet he had under his arm. Funnily enough I didn't take him up on his offer. This was at my wife's (then GF) flat, which we found out later had a crack house opposite!

what would scooby do 01 March 2009 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8547445)
Rhod isnt a pillmonster.....

Yes I know - too many redbulls/caffeine :thumb:

Tam the bam 01 March 2009 09:55 PM

Having been in the skinny white guys position after a night on the booze and my drink spiked with god knows what, I'd have let him in to use the phone to get himself home.

'twas after a stag do with many druggy fookers, I only had about 8 pints of beer but totally out of it, I had no idea where I was and no sense of direction after leaving a pub in a place I knew very well, out of desperation I chapped a door of a house with lights on and explained my situation, they let me use the phone and told me where I was etc, how I remembered my phone no I'll never know, I thanked the couple and left a pound on their phone table to cover the call. Anyway my oh picked me up from the garden centre opposite their house, I've probably never been so scared in all my life and I'm glad they were good enough to help me, If they hadn't I'd probably have froze to death!

I found out a few days after that my drink had indeed been spiked as they thought it would be funny, needless to say I've not spoken to any of them in the last ten years, bast*rds!! :mad:

Rorschach 01 March 2009 10:01 PM

chinned the guy personaly mite have bin a robba

cookstar 01 March 2009 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tam the bam (Post 8547545)
Having been in the skinny white guys position after a night on the booze and my drink spiked with god knows what, I'd have let him in to use the phone to get himself home.

'twas after a stag do with many druggy fookers, I only had about 8 pints of beer but totally out of it, I had no idea where I was and no sense of direction after leaving a pub in a place I knew very well, out of desperation I chapped a door of a house with lights on and explained my situation, they let me use the phone and told me where I was etc, how I remembered my phone no I'll never know, I thanked the couple and left a pound on their phone table to cover the call. Anyway my oh picked me up from the garden centre opposite their house, I've probably never been so scared in all my life and I'm glad they were good enough to help me, If they hadn't I'd probably have froze to death!

I found out a few days after that my drink had indeed been spiked as they thought it would be funny, needless to say I've not spoken to any of them in the last ten years, bast*rds!! :mad:

I was spiked with acid when I was in Goa, in some dodgy little club, guess they thought it would be funny....

God knows how but I managed to drive my motorbike the 5 or so miles back to the apartment. :cuckoo: Didnt know I had done it untill the morning I found it on it's side :lol1:

wiley 01 March 2009 10:29 PM

i would have done the same, i never let strange men(maybe women) in my yard lol

wiley

+Doc+ 01 March 2009 11:01 PM

Stop playing crap games till stupid o clock then he could have knocked away and f***** off without you caring