ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   suspension decision made (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/749834-suspension-decision-made.html)

bushiwarrior 01 March 2009 10:57 AM

suspension decision made

Ok then after long days of deliberation over which suspension set up to go for ive finally made my mind up.The choice came down to two in the end which were AST/Type25 and Exe-tc. After consulting Ian bishop Motorsport he sugested the Exe-tc fast road package may be best. Appartently this kit is that good you could almost do away with any ARB'S which i'm not doing of course.

The kit comes with over 40 damper settings which may just be enough. Also after being told that the Citroen World rally team use this product, it helped make my decision easier along with the fact that the type25 kit was subject to the euro's rise in value making it almost as expensive.

Also being from an engineering background by trade the exe-tc is made from stainless steel which apeeled to me for anti corrosive nature.

here's a link to the kit http://www.exe-tc.co.uk/product_imag...AST%20ROAD.pdf

here's the link to exe-tc's sucess in rallying exe-tc Latest News & Success

bushiwarrior 01 March 2009 10:32 PM

20 views and no replies hmmmm either no one has fitted these babies or hate the fact that loeb kicks petters ass with this set up :)

prwatts 01 March 2009 10:54 PM

No, we are waiting for you to tell us they are worth the price....

bushiwarrior 02 March 2009 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by prwatts (Post 8547726)

ive been told by Ian bishop motorsport who was working for prodrive and who is still quite involved traveling with wrc teams that they are the dogs danglers but will write a report once fitted.:)

STiFreak 02 March 2009 04:39 PM

I have had the exe-tc fast road setup on for a few months now and although I have never had the AST setup, I have been very impressed with the exe-tc. They are more comfortable than the stock suspension on all except the most bumpy roads and the levels of grip are astonishing. You won't be dissapointed :thumb:

bushiwarrior 08 March 2009 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by STiFreak (Post 8548876)
I have had the exe-tc fast road setup on for a few months now and although I have never had the AST setup, I have been very impressed with the exe-tc. They are more comfortable than the stock suspension on all except the most bumpy roads and the levels of grip are astonishing. You won't be dissapointed :thumb:

even more excited now ive had a review :):luxhello:

richjon 13 March 2009 04:46 PM

they sound really impressive, i am going to have the suspension redone and would like advice on where you had them fitted and approx cost, i am running a litchfield type 25 spec c, with the ast set-up,but i am having the usual clunking noises, so decided on a change, you can email me if you dont mind, much appreciated, regards john

Midlife...... 13 March 2009 04:59 PM

I had my Exe-TC's fitted at Roger Clark Motorsport on the advice of Matt and Olly Clark :D

Shaun

richjon 13 March 2009 09:17 PM

thanks shaun, looks like i will be using the same place:)

Midlife...... 13 March 2009 10:47 PM

richjon

I used RCMS because their attention to detail verges on obsessive - compulsive behaviour LOL They are not the cheapest but you will not be disappointed :D

Shaun

MaDaSS 14 March 2009 10:22 PM

Agreed, not had suspension done, but RCM really are the dogs danglies.
I just cannot push to EXE-TC......................................yet. lol

andybandit 15 March 2009 08:37 AM

Shaun when you say they are not the cheapest they should be wearing a cape and mask when you get the bill. also if you have a problem their attention to detail disappears then you find a very different side to them I am just greatful exe-tc have been willing to help I would never use them again never

bushiwarrior 27 March 2009 12:23 AM

car went in for the suspension to be fitted will get her back on saturday.

STiFreak 27 March 2009 02:58 PM

Cool, let us know what you think of the drive home on Sat.

Ricky 29 March 2009 09:44 AM

Looking forward to hearing your opinions mate. Ideally I wanted to fit an EXE-TC suspension to my own car but ended up selling before I got around to it but a good friend who bought my car has decided upon my recommendation that he wants to go ahead with the suspension himself, so not only are we looking forward to your thoughts on the suspension, but also your thoughts on Ian Bishop, his price, service, set-up etc etc etc as we were going to organise the trip over and get it fitted in RCM, but now your have shown us we dont have to travel over the water we may now consider Ian. Do all these guys use the same geometry settings ? Did you fit anything else apart from the actual suspension ? By that I suppose I mean anti roll bars, antilift bla bla bla !!!!

Hope you enjoy your new purchase. Its a great bit of kit !!!!!!

bushiwarrior 01 April 2009 11:46 PM

full report can be found here on installation guys :)

ScoobyIreland.com