ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Distance speed camera's on the M1 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/749815-distance-speed-cameras-on-the-m1.html)

beal 01 March 2009 09:43 AM

Distance speed camera's on the M1

As above,do these cameras flash?
Can you change lanes to avoid?
and whats the tolerance?
cheers.:thumb:

shaggy6 01 March 2009 09:54 AM

I thought that the tollerance is 10%... lane changing doesnt work any more as all the units are linked to avoid loosing a car, thats if they are specs. Only gatso's flash which are the square camera with the flash in the top right and camera bottom left.. dunno if this helps

The Zohan 01 March 2009 09:58 AM

No, they do not flash
Lane changing makes no difference.
usually 10% tolerance. I have followed plenty of HGV's sat on 55mph through the roadworks, never a problem.

Leslie 01 March 2009 10:26 AM

Its a lot less hassle, and cheaper to just drive at the speed limit really.

Les

cster 01 March 2009 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8545904)

Les

That would be true if everyone had an accurate speedometer - but we don't and the fact is that you get people driving well below the speed limit who show no lane discipline because "I am driving on the limit".
It is bloody well annoying and is what you get happening when you choose have your policing done using cameras.:mad:
IMO of course.:)

beal 01 March 2009 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8545904)

Les

I do drive at the 50 mph speed limit,but everyone else seems to pass me!just thought you may be ok doing 55..

Snazy 01 March 2009 12:14 PM

SPECS dont flash no, but the over head gantry ones used to I believe.
Not sure what part of the M1 you mean.

SVXNUT 01 March 2009 01:03 PM

The only part with them at the Mo. is the 15 mile stretch around North Notts. The ones at Luton have gone now after 7 years, and the varispeed Gantries are not active yet.

beal 01 March 2009 01:13 PM

Yes, they are the ones from junc 28 south for 15 miles.

shaggy6 01 March 2009 03:15 PM

i think some times it can be pot luck. On the m42 a bloke i travel with sometimes does 60 even when they say 50 and they do not flash! dont know what is going on their but i know if it was me i would get flashed lol

Nat 01 March 2009 03:24 PM

When did the lane changing trick cease to work?

cster 01 March 2009 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8546454)

Don't know, but if there is a series of cameras, you could same lane link them alternately as well as consecutively to factor that out.
Does that make sense to anyone - I think I know what I mean?

what would scooby do 01 March 2009 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8546454)

Originally the "story" went that they were only home office approved for single lane use. Some sites/papers are now saying that isn't true any more??

Fact #1 I know of at least two occasions that a car has gone through specs (m1 widening J10 south and J28 works) at over 100MPH single lane and not got a ticket ;)

Question #1 Anyone got a ticket from specs? Anyone know anyone got a ticket from specs - ??

shaggy6 01 March 2009 08:32 PM

yeh one of my colleges at 1am doing 60 some thing in a 50.. but might have been a 1 off :wonder: i go through specs every day and not at the speed limt and touch wood i havent recieved one... saying that ill recieve a brown envelope through the post 2moro.. hi dvla! lol

what would scooby do 01 March 2009 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy6 (Post 8547292)
yeh one of my colleges at 1am doing 60 some thing in a 50.. but might have been a 1 off :wonder: i go through specs every day and not at the speed limt and touch wood i havent recieved one... saying that ill recieve a brown envelope through the post 2moro.. hi dvla! lol

The cost of putting up specs surely must be covered by revenue - or maybe they are all dummies :eek: