ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Dabs.com - good or bad service ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/749613-dabs-com-good-or-bad-service.html)

Wish 28 February 2009 12:59 PM

Dabs.com - good or bad service ??

I am looking at buying a Camcorder from them, as they seem to be the cheapest around.
But would like to know about there customer service ?? Are they a good or bad company to deal with ??

Thanks Guys 'n Girls

Wish 28 February 2009 01:02 PM

Will it be a UK boxed product ?? I once used Pixamania and it turned up in French packaging and instructions.

Tam the bam 28 February 2009 01:07 PM

Bought loads of stuff from them over the years and always had excellent service, the stuff has always arrived very quickly indeed!

10/10 from me :thumb:

HankScorpio 28 February 2009 01:20 PM

Love Dabs even tho they are tied to BT now.

Most of pixmania stuff comes from europe, avoid it.

Wish 28 February 2009 01:25 PM

Cheers.

Ive just found out they want to charge me £5.86 for delivery .....

Anyone got a free delivery code ?

PaulC72 28 February 2009 01:50 PM

DABS are ok to use, I would never touch Pixmania ;)

hodgy0_2 28 February 2009 01:58 PM

Dabs are usually v good -- but if you have a problem you will not be able to ring them as they do not offer a telephone service at all

all communication has to be done via email /browser although they do have a chat facility which pretty good

Wish 28 February 2009 01:59 PM

Well Ive just tried to place an order with Dabs, but they want futher information on on credit card. So they can go stuff em selves.
They have all the information they need, Address and card details and 3 didget number on the rear of card, but thats not enough for them.
Fek um there loss

hodgy0_2 28 February 2009 02:29 PM

its amazing how some companies make doing business with them sooo difficult

finalzero 28 February 2009 06:52 PM

Used to be good at one time but I had nothing but trouble last year with them so they are no longer a preferred supplier for me

rb5_336 28 February 2009 10:02 PM

been using them for years, always 10/10. ebuyer are also worth looking at

rr_ww 28 February 2009 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Wish (Post 8544283)
Well Ive just tried to place an order with Dabs, but they want futher information on on credit card. So they can go stuff em selves.
They have all the information they need, Address and card details and 3 didget number on the rear of card, but thats not enough for them.
Fek um there loss

If it was that "Natwest Secure Card/Code" thingy. You can ignore it.

Rate Dabs very highly btw.

Tidgy 01 March 2009 12:41 AM

i've had good and bad from them, all i'll say is if you return any items make sure its sent courier not recorded, they managed to loose my ram stick that was being returned due to being faulty, i still use them though

Diesel 01 March 2009 11:10 AM

I decided not to use them after last time - Laptop arrived late and missed the person/job it was bought for. The reason? A £4 bargain memory stick 'in stock' was actually out of stock so they delayed delivery It was very difficult getting to SPEAK to someone about it too adding to the frustration - and this is a (small) business account.

I found E Buyer better & cheaper.

D

Removed. 01 March 2009 02:19 PM

I've used them on and off for years, and a couple of years ago had a right mare with a returns, however I still use them. I bought a UPS from them a few months ago with produced the magic blue smoke as soon as it was under load. I was dreading the return, but although it took about 3 weeks to get the replacement, the process was pretty painless. I've had good and bad experiences with most of the web based suppliers I deal with regularly. It took about a month for Amazon to sort out CD swap, that fact that the actual music on the CD wasn't what was printed on the label confused them, not even the same artist/genre. They sent it back to me twice, and charged me for the priviledge!