ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   my06 sti ppp - what sections of exhaust get changed? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/748801-my06-sti-ppp-what-sections-of-exhaust-get-changed.html)

sandycam 24 February 2009 10:33 PM

my06 sti ppp - what sections of exhaust get changed?

Is it just the back box and rear cat (between downpipe and centre resonator),the same as the my06 wrx? thanks.

greatgonzo 24 February 2009 10:43 PM

Yes mate only the under body cat (2nd) and the back box.
Prodrive sure know how to charge considering that is all they do plus a generic map :( :( :( :(

Steve001 24 February 2009 11:19 PM

i thought it was the ecu, fuel pump, backbox, one cat removed and the other replaced with a high flow sports cat :confused:

bob r 24 February 2009 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Steve001 (Post 8536183)
i thought it was the ecu, fuel pump, backbox, one cat removed and the other replaced with a high flow sports cat :confused:

He's asking about the exhaust mate.

AFAIK the sports cat is only replaced in the STI models. The rest as greatgonzo said.

Steve001 25 February 2009 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by bob r (Post 8536252)
He's asking about the exhaust mate.

AFAIK the sports cat is only replaced in the STI models. The rest as greatgonzo said.

sorry about that Doh

BTW he's asking about an Sti mate :p:p:p :D

its late, do you want me to get your coat when i go for mine ;)

sandycam 25 February 2009 07:03 AM

i think the sports cat is only part of 03-5 sti (2.0l) ppp hence my question, thanks.

cster 25 February 2009 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by sandycam (Post 8536408)
i think the sports cat is only part of 03-5 sti (2.0l) ppp hence my question, thanks.

I think you might be right there.

Steve001 25 February 2009 09:25 AM

after a quick google im even more confused

im picking up a car today with PPP so i will interogate the dealer :)

in the mean while...................

2006 Subaru Prodrive Performance Packs (PPP)
Tuesday, April 4th, 2006
Filed under: Subaru
New Prodrive-developed Performance Packs (PPP) are now available for the ’06 Model Year turbocharged Impreza 2.5 WRX, WRX STI (and the new spec.D version) plus the latest Forester 2.5 XT manual.

All offer a dramatic improvement in low and mid-range power and torque, aiding engine flexibility and throttle response. The new Impreza WRX has a staggering 74 lb ft more torque, for example. However, top-end power is also enhanced with the latest Impreza 2.5 WRX STI with PPP now producing 320 PS – a 39 PS increase.

Meanwhile, the Impreza 2.5 WRX and Forester 2.5 XT manual with PPP produce 270 and 260 PS – boosts of 40 and 30 PS respectively. A PPP for the Forester 2.5 XT auto will be available shortly.

All kits are available from any Subaru dealer for £1,700 including VAT and fitting and do not affect the standard vehicle warranty. All also pass full UK Type Approval regulations for noise and emissions.

The extra power and torque are achieved by re-programmed Electronic Control Units (ECU) plus the removal of the rear catalytic converter, fitment of a high-flow catalyst and sports silencer. The Impreza WRX STI also has a new high-flow fuel pump.