ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Just bought my first mod for the scooby hehe (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/748726-just-bought-my-first-mod-for-the-scooby-hehe.html)

shane159 24 February 2009 06:35 PM

Just bought my first mod for the scooby hehe

Hi guys,

I've just purchaced a HKS dump valve for my hawkeye sti, hopefully its gonna be the first of many.

Please have a look at the advert and let me know if I did the right thing buying this:

HKS SSQV Blow Off Dump Valve BOV Subaru STI GDB Newage on eBay, also, Subaru, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 24-Feb-09 14:21:20 GMT)

Is it worth the money I paid and will it be easy to fit?

Thanks for any help. :thumb:

BlueBugEye 24 February 2009 06:41 PM

Easy to fit, good quality dump valve but they really do nothing bar the noise, there have been reports of dump valves messing up the running of the car.

shane159 24 February 2009 07:14 PM

Thanks for that mate, hope it dont mess my engine up.:eek:

C17RPA 24 February 2009 07:59 PM

the best sounding one matey.good price to :thumb:

JonMc 24 February 2009 08:12 PM

Cracking price for a HKS. They are a bit marmite, you'll either love it your hate it.

shane159 24 February 2009 08:16 PM

Glad about that, thanks guys.

I noticed the housing is diff compaired to the some of the hks valves, have they changed anything like the sound or just the housing???

Scooby_Stu_ 24 February 2009 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 8535335)
Easy to fit, good quality dump valve but they really do nothing bar the noise, there have been reports of dump valves messing up the running of the car.

As BlueBugEye said they can mess up you engine, most end up putting the original one back on, same goes for induction kits, no need unless your going for 400bhp and can cause more trouble than they are worth.

Stuart.

darms 24 February 2009 08:39 PM

Had a HKS SSQV on my MY00 back in the day, believe me you'll soon grow out of it. Went back to the original one as recommended by Sir Bob Rawle :D

Purchased new for £125 (Sti Racing) and sold a year later for £120 on SN - not bad really :)

+Doc+ 24 February 2009 08:41 PM

Took mine off as it was making the car idle like crap.

BlueBugEye 24 February 2009 08:47 PM

Must add I have an APS one on mine and it runs fine!

JonMc 24 February 2009 08:53 PM

I've bought a GFB hybrid one that allows me to run full VTA and full recirc or anything between. On the induction kit front, again I have a GGR one and the heat shielding, and this will be fitted and taken into account when I get the car mapped, but I love the noise.

Connor_scotland 24 February 2009 08:58 PM

My HKS SSQ has been on the car a long time and have had no issues

Sounds LOVELY you wont be dissapointed