ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Childrens presenter with a missing arm (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/748561-childrens-presenter-with-a-missing-arm.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 24 February 2009 01:35 AM

Childrens presenter with a missing arm

Disabled CBeebies TV Presenter Cerrie Burnell Accused Of 'Scaring' Children After Complaints | UK News | Sky News

Quite incredible. The presenters changed from the 'normal' regular presenters to new ones and one happened to have an arm that ended just below the elbow. So what! Our two watch CBeebies avidly and instead of waiting for our 4 year old to ask or comment we decided to explain to him the 1st day she was on and he doesn't find her scary and nor does our 1 year old. They both watch the same as if it were the previous two presenters still.

What sort of parents make complaints about a kids presenter with a disability ffs and have to stop their kids from watching. Have these people never explained things to their kids? Are these the same parents who let their kids stare at people with disabilities in the street? These people obviously lack any ability to communicate with and educate their children :rolleyes:

abbott 24 February 2009 03:40 AM

Yeah was watching cbeebies a couple of days ago with my nippers and noticed her arm , notice how it still moves below the elbow .

id still bang her , but bloody hell it would only be a one handed w*nk

RyanSTI 24 February 2009 07:52 AM

typical bbc and yes that would scare kids. where are all the role models these days, the connie hucks, the gay guy outta byker to name a few.

hutton_d 24 February 2009 08:13 AM

My lad did notice so I explained and he's been fine about it. Trouble is, both the new presenters are cr*p. Bring back Chris and Pui is what I say!

Dave

Jonnys3 24 February 2009 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by abbott (Post 8533884)
Yeah was watching cbeebies a couple of days ago with my nippers and noticed her arm , notice how it still moves below the elbow .

id still bang her , but bloody hell it would only be a one handed w*nk

My kids noticed it before I did. They're not phased by it but my 3yr old daughter seems to think that either she's let someone else borrow her hand or that she keeps it in her pocket so it doesn't get dirty.

And yes I totally would! :norty:

Bravo2zero_sps 24 February 2009 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 8533959)
My lad did notice so I explained and he's been fine about it. Trouble is, both the new presenters are cr*p. Bring back Chris and Pui is what I say!

Dave

That is very true, the bedtime hour will never be the same again :cry:

Abbott you sick boy :lol1:

Bravo2zero_sps 24 February 2009 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jonnys3 (Post 8534023)
My kids noticed it before I did. They're not phased by it but my 3yr old daughter seems to think that either she's let someone else borrow her hand or that she keeps it in her pocket so it doesn't get dirty.

When my Mrs heard of all the complaints she thought it was boll0cks kids are scared and it's the parents that don't like it. I think she could well be right. As above kids do seem to come up with their own explanations for things.

Timwinner 24 February 2009 09:35 AM

If a kid mentions it then I think its an ideal time to explain to the kid why she looks like that. Open a dialogue about disability.
Let them know its only a bad arm, not a bad person.

Scooby Snacks 23 24 February 2009 10:19 AM

My missus was making a comment on this yesterday - I don't think she's worried about the missing arm, more that fact that the presenter is actually crap but that she's got the job because of the BBC's disability quotas (kind of positive discrimination).

It's certainly not frightened our son.

hodgy0_2 24 February 2009 10:24 AM

its armless surely?

mrtheedge2u2 24 February 2009 10:51 AM

If you have difficulty telling your children then simply go and get Glen Hoddle to tell them why she is like that

dpb 24 February 2009 10:56 AM

Just goes to show that NOBODY should take account of whats said in an on-line forum !

fivetide 24 February 2009 10:58 AM

Think she deserves a big hand... etc etc.

Actually my Grandfather had to have both hisd legs amputated above the knee (complications with diabetes) and got asked by a wee kid in the supermarket what had happened to his legs.

His mother started to drag him away telling him not to look so he called them back and told her never to stop the child asking questions, otherwise how would they ever learn?

5t.

NotoriousREV 24 February 2009 11:59 AM

My lad spotted this, we explained she was born like that and not everyone was the same etc. which he accepted.

I did have a chuckle at her CBeebies biog though on the site. She says her favourite game is Twister :lol1:

J4CKO 24 February 2009 12:22 PM

Jesus, can the population not accept people with disabilities exist ?

Kids need to learn about things, they ask questions and are generally more accepting than some adults, or do we want the kids to turn into those gormless idiots that see someone with a disability and gawp, point or feel the need to make a stupid comment, she shoudlnt have got the job if she was crap but conversely her disability should not preclude her from a career in television, being a overly chirpy prattling **** isnt a disability for most of them so a missing limb isnt an issue.

+Doc+ 24 February 2009 12:28 PM

Just lol....

spireite 24 February 2009 12:49 PM

I thought they were going to vote weather or not to keep her ,but then again a show of hands would have been a bit distasteful

hutton_d 24 February 2009 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 8534438)
Jesus, can the population not accept people with disabilities exist ?

No problem with disabled people. But as a presenter she's cr*p ........

Dave

phil_wrx 24 February 2009 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by RyanSTI (Post 8533935)
typical bbc and yes that would scare kids. where are all the role models these days, the connie hucks, the gay guy outta byker to name a few.

richard bacon was a top role model :D

to be honest i cant see what all the fuss is about she seems H-armless

sorry :D

ChrisGrant 24 February 2009 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 8534282)
Think she deserves a big hand... etc etc.

Actually my Grandfather had to have both hisd legs amputated above the knee (complications with diabetes) and got asked by a wee kid in the supermarket what had happened to his legs.

His mother started to drag him away telling him not to look so he called them back and told her never to stop the child asking questions, otherwise how would they ever learn?

5t.

So true........ My son (who's 5) asked me the other day whilst in the Toilet of a pub ' daddy what’s that?' whilst pointing to a condom machine! :eek: .........:wonder: ........... So I replied it's a condom machine! :cool: then he asked what are condom’s for? :freak3: ...... :idea: There for keeping your willy clean!? and his reply 'oh ok'!!!! Sorted :D

If I don't have and answer, I say I don't know, but that's a very good question! :thumb:

ScoobyDriverWannabe 24 February 2009 04:29 PM

All in all, it is the result of New Labour equal opportunities.

Exhibit 1: Balamory

Shocking stuff.

Let's put on one side the lesbians who run the shop, and the gay policeman and inventor in his pink castle. What are we left with ?

* Edie McCready, a menopausal school minibus driver who is clearly running rich on a blend of HRT and Prozac
* A painter who clearly doesn't give a **** about anything (c.f Dylan off the Magic Roundabout). Probably grows high-powered skunk under lights in his loft
* Miss Hooly and Josie Jump, who are clearly gagging in the absence of eligible males on the island. Miss Hooly took to trying to "convert" the local gay copper, while Josie Jump is an anorexic who has thrown herself into a frenetic physical exercise regime to compensate for inactivity elsewhere.

Exhibit 2: Fireman Sam (Old Version)

Where do you start ?

* The biggest employer in Pontypandy is the local fire station, which is in constant demand. Insurance premiums round there must be huge. Why has there never been an investigation ? Why all those firemen, yet no police or detectives ?
* Two small homealone kids living without any visible means of support, except for occasional interventions from "Uncle Sam". Where the **** is social services ?
* Blatant gender discrimination at the firestation, as Elvis (who is definitely special needs and a liability) goes on all the shouts, while Penny Morris invariably gets left to look after the shop. Potential racial discrimination there as well, as Station Officer Steele obviously isn't too fond of his team member of caribbean extraction.
* Norman, the kid from the shop, is in desperate need of Ritalin. Where are social services ? And why is he never at school ? No wonder he's always starting fires...

Jonnys3 24 February 2009 05:30 PM

:lol:

Would ya do Miss Hooly? :luvlove:

ALi-B 24 February 2009 06:02 PM

Christ: Is this what Sky News passes off as "news" :rolleyes: :lol1:

Quoteing a load of random comments posted on a forum!? Yes, like thats a quality source for a news article. :cuckoo:

Its like copying a load of random posts off scoobynet and publishing it with a headline saying "Subaru drivers are cat hating racists who can't spell". ;)

Ant 24 February 2009 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 8535218)
Christ: Is this what Sky News passes off as "news" :rolleyes: :lol1:

Quoteing a load of random comments posted on a forum!? Yes, like thats a quality source for a news article. :cuckoo:

Its like copying a load of random posts off scoobynet and publishing it with a headline saying "Subaru drivers are cat hating racists who can't spell". ;)

surely that should be quoting?:norty:

ALi-B 24 February 2009 06:54 PM

As I said, suabru drivers canot spel. :)

That leaves racists and cat haters...which are you going to own up to? ;) :p

Ant 24 February 2009 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 8535380)
As I said, suabru drivers canot spel. :)

That leaves racists and cat haters...which are you going to own up to? ;) :p

i hate cats , can't stand the furry things:D

Tam the bam 24 February 2009 07:34 PM

What's the height of agony?

Cerrie Burnell hanging off a cliff with an itchy arse. :D

abbott 25 February 2009 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jonnys3 (Post 8535138)
:lol:

Would ya do Miss Hooly? :luvlove:

Hell yeah , id nail Josie Jump too ! :norty:

PS to whoever neg'd me for post number 2 i hope your next turd is a hedgehog ! :lol1:

Norman D. Landing 25 February 2009 12:31 PM

Josie is an imposter! The original was a much more attractive 'Jump'!

NotoriousREV 25 February 2009 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Norman D. Landing (Post 8537014)
Josie is an imposter! The original was a much more attractive 'Jump'!

+1. Plus for some reason, when looking at the original Josie Jump there was something about her outfit that made think she was going commando.