ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Am I being paranoid? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/748387-am-i-being-paranoid.html)

ryan_fong 23 February 2009 06:06 PM

Am I being paranoid?

Hey there,

I'm new to SN and going to get my first scooby tomorrow.
It's a JDM Blobeye STi V-Limited, extremely well maintained by the last owner who also is my colleague. It has been sensible tuned to 364bhp and 374lftb.
I love the car very much and can't wait to drive it.

However, reading all the stolen/damaged posts in this forum makes me wonder if I have made the right choice.

According to what I've observed, apparently scooby is a highly attention car in both good and bad ways. I read too many posts about cars being stolen, jacked or being damaged, keyed by some tw@ts for no reasons. It really bothers me a lot because I can't imagine my beloved vehicle gets stolen or damaged and I would be devastated.

The car has Cobra CAT 1 immobilizer & alarm and tracker (I haven't activated because my insurance doesn't require one and I don't want the car back if unfortunately it got stolen). In addition, I've been advised and bought a Disklok.

I suppose to be happy and excited to welcome the new car but somehow the whole security stuff is bothering me crazy. Please tell me I'm being paranoid and stupid...:(

greatgonzo 23 February 2009 06:14 PM

Hi mate
paranoid yes stupid no. Don't worry to much all cars get stolen and keyed, there are a lot more desirable cars on the market than Subaru's. Try and enjoy your new toy ;)

New_scooby_04 23 February 2009 06:22 PM

There is a negative bias to these reports: no-one posts to say " Woke up this morning to find that my scooby was parked exactly where I left it last night and remains undamaged" :)

Yes, it is a car that attracts attention, wanted and unwanted

Only solution to avoid attracting unwanted attention is to never have anything nice for fear of it getting stolen/damaged. Even that's no assurance that your property won't be nicked/damaged; scum nick/vandalize everyday cars too

F**k that! Enjoy it mate, just use your common when it comes to securing and parking it and chances are you'll be fine!

Ns04

Mark Mac 23 February 2009 06:26 PM

Hi Ryan,
I felt the same when I got my scooby, every night for weeks I was convinced it would go. Never did!
To be honest there are better cars out there now ( Audi's, Beemer's ect )
Put your security on and relax, the cars insured.
Welcome and enjoyed.

ryan_fong 23 February 2009 06:32 PM

Thanks guys for your kind words..I'm really appreciated..

I hate to be paranoid but the worries just come out of my mind naturally..

The unsecured feeling probably needs time to go away and meanwhile I will do as much security measures as I can..