ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Anyone else got Killzone 2 coming this week? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/748318-anyone-else-got-killzone-2-coming-this-week.html)

P1Fanatic 23 February 2009 12:51 PM

Anyone else got Killzone 2 coming this week?

Looks pretty darn sweet from the very short demo and a brief spell I had online with a mates beta test.

Hopefully mine arrives early from Shopto :)

Simon

phil_wrx 23 February 2009 02:22 PM

im hoping to pick it up friday

scoobyverysoon 23 February 2009 02:40 PM

If I can find it for £25 I will get it but I also want resi evil and silent hill 5 and finally the new final fantisy :brickwall

DJ Dunk 23 February 2009 02:51 PM

Yep, I preordered from ShopTo as well :)

messiah 23 February 2009 03:54 PM

Also ordered from shopto - will probably arrive on Thursday too...

Iain Young 23 February 2009 04:38 PM

Was going to preorder via shopto, but they've stopped taking preorders due to high demand :(

After playing the demo, not sure it's worth the £39.99 that Game are charging...

DJ Dunk 24 February 2009 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Iain Young (Post 8532135)
Was going to preorder via shopto, but they've stopped taking preorders due to high demand :(

After playing the demo, not sure it's worth the £39.99 that Game are charging...

You can still order the tin Limited Edition Collector's Box version for £32.99

DJ Dunk 24 February 2009 09:57 AM

Just got this:

Originally Posted by ShopTo

Dear Customer,

We're writing to you regarding your pre-order for Killzone 2. Please be advised we'll be starting the processing of all Killzone 2 pre-orders today. This is due to the large volume of stock we need to prepare for shipping from tomorrow, so that you'll receive the game by release date.

This will also allow time for you to amend any issues with your card should payment fail first time around.

Thank you for your pre-order and your patience at this extremely exciting/busy time!

Kind Regards,

The ShopTo.Net Team

:thumb:

Iain Young 24 February 2009 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 8534152)
You can still order the tin Limited Edition Collector's Box version for £32.99

True, but I wasn't sure it was worth £29.99 so I'm not paying extra for a "limited edition" tin that won't fit on the shelf :D

bob269 24 February 2009 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 8534157)
Just got this:

Originally Posted by ShopTo

This will also allow time for you to amend any issues with your card should payment fail first time around.

Kind Regards,

The ShopTo.Net Team

Ahhh, i see they've dealt with you before and are already prepared for your dodgy credit card details :D

Bravo2zero_sps 25 February 2009 09:21 AM

Is this the equivalent of GOW for the PS3?

DJ Dunk 25 February 2009 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by bob269 (Post 8536211)
Ahhh, i see they've dealt with you before and are already prepared for your dodgy credit card details :D

It's okay, I used Iains card details :D

DJ Dunk 25 February 2009 10:34 AM

Now shipped from ShopTo, so should arrive a day early :)

Iain Young 25 February 2009 10:53 AM

Oi :D

StickyMicky 25 February 2009 01:12 PM

Must admit, this game looks like it will be ****en awesome! and i am a bit gutted i don't have a ps3 to play it on, the rest of the ps3 exclusives have never bothered me :)

P1Fanatic 25 February 2009 03:22 PM

Got a text this afternoon from shopto saying mine was shipped today to home and its signed for. Hopefully my trusty postie will do what he normally does and signs for it himself or gives it to the neighbor :)

Apparently peeps with the non collectors edition have already received theirs from shopto.

The mrs is preparing to become a Killzone Widow :)

Simon

DJ Dunk 26 February 2009 09:09 AM

Cool, it's sat on my desk this morning :) Hopefully give it a bit of a go later tonight when we get bored with House Of The Dead:Overkill :D

P1Fanatic 26 February 2009 02:57 PM

Mine best be at home otherwise Im not gonna be happy. Although I got football later so aint gonna get as much time as I like.

Simon

messiah 27 February 2009 08:39 PM

Played most of the campaign now after my copy arrived yesterday - thought it was going to get a bit repetetive a couple of levels in but it just seems to get better and better - graphics & audio are superb, very high production values throughout.

The PS3's Gears equivalent? Probably going to be bigger than Gears, it plays a little similar in that you have to use cover, but the action's intensity reminds me of the later levels in COD4 - it's relentless.

Certainly a contender for one of the best FPS's I've played.

Shaun 27 February 2009 11:40 PM

Community feedback on the net does not seem that great so far!

P1Fanatic 28 February 2009 07:17 PM

So hows everyone getting on? I went straight to multiplayer and must admit Im finding it hard. Struggling to kill people and my K:D ratio is about 1:1. I hope its just my laggy wireless connection which I should sort out with some homeplugs next week. But find the aiming difficult.

Simon

bob269 01 March 2009 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 8543178)
The PS3's Gears equivalent? Probably going to be bigger than Gears, it plays a little similar in that you have to use cover, but the action's intensity reminds me of the later levels in COD4 - it's relentless.

Certainly a contender for one of the best FPS's I've played.

In all honesty, gears is overhyped crap. The cod's tho are a pretty good measure as a decent fps :thumb:

Still only 1 exclusive sadly, gimmie more to convice me Sony :p

phil_wrx 01 March 2009 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by bob269 (Post 8545606)
In all honesty, gears is overhyped crap. The cod's tho are a pretty good measure as a decent fps :thumb:

Still only 1 exclusive sadly, gimmie more to convice me Sony :p

blashema GOW2 is awesome

Iain Young 02 March 2009 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 8544948)
So hows everyone getting on?

Played it for a couple of ours on Saturday morning (campaign), got bored with it, and haven't tried it again yet. Not sure what all the fuss was about to be honest...

P1Fanatic 02 March 2009 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Iain Young (Post 8548163)
Played it for a couple of ours on Saturday morning (campaign), got bored with it, and haven't tried it again yet. Not sure what all the fuss was about to be honest...

I pld a little then went straight online which I havent found that enthralling mainly cos I cant hit a barn door :) Will have to try a bit more of the campaign and see how I get on but definetly there is no wow factor at the moment. More a feeling of "if I play it a bit more it might better....I hope".

Simon

messiah 02 March 2009 01:49 PM

It's taken me a while to get to grips with the MP side of it - I too was utterly gash at first but started to find my feet last night as the maps become more familiar, some of them are massive, really massive.

Quite a nive little touch is respawning remote bots (think of the remote sentry guns from Aliens) that protect your spawn point to prevent spawn campers.

PeteBrant 07 March 2009 03:28 PM

Awesome game - Best single player FPS since the original Halo. Multiplayer is good, not great. But there are some nice touches.

Iain Young 07 March 2009 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 8560687)
Awesome game - Best single player FPS since the original Halo. Multiplayer is good, not great. But there are some nice touches.

Not sure about that. I played the first few levels, got bored, and haven't felt the urge to go back and try it again yet. There are much better fps games (from a single player perspective). Very disappointing :(

RB5-Black 08 March 2009 03:19 PM

So is it worth a punt at £30 ?

not played much on PS3 so really want this to be a game I play a bit !

Iain Young 08 March 2009 06:20 PM

Honestly, I'd say wait until you see it cheaper. I got it for £29.99 and I seriously regret spending that much on it.