ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Cliffnet Wizard Cable Where To Connect (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/747867-cliffnet-wizard-cable-where-to-connect.html)

starship impreza 21 February 2009 02:08 PM

Cliffnet Wizard Cable Where To Connect

I have the Avantguard 5.5 alarm with intellistart
the port for the wizard connection on the alarm unit is used for a cable that connects to the intellistart unit
Do i connect the cliffnet wizard cable into the intellistart unit
Thanks
Gary

Car Security Expert 21 February 2009 02:18 PM

if you have intellistart it's not a good idea to use cliffnet. There is a chance you will scramble the brain and stop the intellistart from functioning.

starship impreza 21 February 2009 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Car Security Expert (Post 8526866)
if you have intellistart it's not a good idea to use cliffnet. There is a chance you will scramble the brain and stop the intellistart from functioning.

So do you recommend i dont use cliffnet ,or do you just have to be careful what adjustments you make
I did read that you should not program the intellistart with cliffnet as it corupts it and it is not recoverable and will need a new unit ,apart from that is it safe to program all other functions with cliffnet
Gary

deangtiuk 22 February 2009 07:56 PM

I've got cliffnet wizard on a concept 650 mk2 and it works fine, it connects throught the intellistart unit i've adjusted timers, siren tones, smart windows and even rpm signal pulse and have had no problems.
Dean.

audioscape 22 February 2009 11:03 PM

Never had a problem using it for years since the g5 range was bought out. back when the concept 300/600 were launched.

Car Security Expert 23 February 2009 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by starship impreza (Post 8526921)
So do you recommend i dont use cliffnet ,or do you just have to be careful what adjustments you make
I did read that you should not program the intellistart with cliffnet as it corupts it and it is not recoverable and will need a new unit ,apart from that is it safe to program all other functions with cliffnet
Gary

90% of what you want to adjust can be done through the valet switch. Cliffnet is good in theory but it has a problem with some intellistart modules which result in the brain being scrambled. There is no way of knowing if yours is safe or not unless you try it. But if it is affected you will need a new intellistart.

If you must use it, unplug the cliffnet cable to the intellistart and plug the pc cable straight into your alarm.

starship impreza 23 February 2009 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Car Security Expert (Post 8532634)
90% of what you want to adjust can be done through the valet switch. Cliffnet is good in theory but it has a problem with some intellistart modules which result in the brain being scrambled. There is no way of knowing if yours is safe or not unless you try it. But if it is affected you will need a new intellistart.

If you must use it, unplug the cliffnet cable to the intellistart and plug the pc cable straight into your alarm.

Surely if that is the case that it is a problem with SOME intellistart modules then it would be covered under warrantee
Do Directed know about this problem
Gary

imf1 23 February 2009 08:29 PM

I backed up mine to a file b4 I started "playing". Mine did mess up but restored ok from backed up file. Keep backing up as you change things is my advice.:thumb:

Car Security Expert 23 February 2009 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by starship impreza (Post 8532716)
Surely if that is the case that it is a problem with SOME intellistart modules then it would be covered under warrantee
Do Directed know about this problem
Gary

Yes they know about it. I don't know what the position is with warranty but if you screw it up you can always contact the people who installed it for you and get them to sort it out.

Best bet is to do what i said earlier. It will stop you from causing damage.

SLAB 13 November 2011 07:04 PM

anyone still messing with this clifnet wizard .
i cannot get it to connect to the usb port say port name wrong am i write it wont workon xp pro