ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Green and Yellow courier vans ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/746877-green-and-yellow-courier-vans.html)

rallycol 16 February 2009 11:57 PM

Green and Yellow courier vans ?

Which firm is it?

Puff The Magic Wagon! 16 February 2009 11:59 PM

Citylink

Lee247 17 February 2009 12:00 AM

http://www.thelivingseas.uk.com/User...y_link_van.jpg :wonder:

Lee247 17 February 2009 12:00 AM

Snap, Puff :lol1:

20withascooby 17 February 2009 12:02 AM

my old employer feel sorry for you if youve got a parcel waiting from them pm if you got a problem i might be able to help

Lee247 17 February 2009 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by 20withascooby (Post 8515812)
my old employer feel sorry for you if youve got a parcel waiting from them pm if you got a problem i might be able to help

I refuse to use them (sorry Micky) have had no end of problems in the past.
Have even told Amazon, if the delivery is from them, I will not place the order.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 17 February 2009 12:05 AM

Interestingly, they used to run a large sameday operation then when Red Star went bust (which seeing as they ran a complete monopoly on the most awesome, enviro friendly & exculsive service based on existing train timetables, was absolutely gobsmacking) they bought it. Nowadays, they've effectively binned both the rail & sameday options in to concentrate on overnights...

ALi-B 17 February 2009 12:06 AM

IMO, my route is a hell of alot better than it was 18months ago :)

The irony is that missed deliverys for us are attributed to an ex-citylink van that some bloke parks right out the front of the building (because his missus doesn't want a huge Green/yellow van parked outside her house :rolleyes: ) and thus blocking the sign from the road. :brickwall:

ScoobyDriverWannabe 17 February 2009 12:09 AM

On the subject of delivery company's.

Not sure who it was delivered by but my new mobile came this morning.

I ordered it on-line on Saturday night from tesco. Was here for half 7 this morning, couldn't believe it.

20withascooby 17 February 2009 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe (Post 8515828)
On the subject of delivery company's.

Not sure who it was delivered by but my new mobile came this morning.

I ordered it on-line on Saturday night from tesco. Was here for half 7 this morning, couldn't believe it.

home delivery network have a tescos contract also a old employer of mine alot of people are shocked at how quick it gets there

rallycol 17 February 2009 12:44 AM

Thanks I was going to send some dampers to Germany with them on a mates account but couldn't remember their name,thanks again Colin

Borat_Drives_A_Scooby 17 February 2009 12:56 AM

City Link have a big contract with Jessops, ive never had a problem with them. Our local driver is spot on, its the same guy all the time.

Once i ordered a camera lens at 5pm on a tuesday, i couldn`t believe it when it turned up at 09-15am the next morning. Apparently City Link have a type of base at Jessops so it went out the same night.

stara 17 February 2009 08:10 AM

i think it depends on the franchise or the branch manager and the staff at that branch. cardiff citylink is truly shocking. i am genuinely surprised on the rare occasion a delivery via them actually gets here on time.

mickywrx 17 February 2009 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 8515817)
I refuse to use them (sorry Micky) have had no end of problems in the past.
Have even told Amazon, if the delivery is from them, I will not place the order.

No need to apologise to me Lesley. ;)

Been with them 7 years come June :eek: and if I didn't work for em, I probably wouldn't use them either considering some of the tales you hear. Get a decent driver, like me ;) , that knows his round and you would have no problems, but, they'll employ pretty much anyone and most of them don't give a damn.

Stara;

City-Link isn't franchised any more, all franchise's were bought back by head office.

Apparently we're in the shit fiancially, so no pay rise. However there was the money available to buy out Target Express, buy back all the franchise's, recently built and opened a new branch in Durham..... :Whatever_

stara 17 February 2009 07:31 PM

sounds like a step in the right direction micky (apart from the no pay rise of course:confused: ) youre not the only one working for a well known company that gets regularly slated mate, i do too.:( , although our patch is naturally awesome, it's the city boys that give us a bad name, still, everyone needs phones.