ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Trumpton, Chigley & Camberwick Green (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/746789-trumpton-chigley-and-camberwick-green.html)

Sonic' 16 February 2009 07:18 PM

Trumpton, Chigley & Camberwick Green

Does anyone know if they ever produced toys for these shows, as in soft toys that babies can play with, similar to the multitude of other modern day characters

Baby has taken a big liking to the shows after watching Nick Jnr 2 on an evening, and sits mesmerised by them, and we got him Camberwick Green on DVD for 2 quid from ASDA last week

So was wondering if there are any toys that we can get him :D

Jamie 16 February 2009 07:21 PM

Robert Harrop Collectable Miniatures, Waterford Crystal Giftware And Other Collectable Gifts - Home Page - tabletopics.co.uk

Trumpton toys - Google Product Search

Sonic' 16 February 2009 07:31 PM

Cheers Jamie, they are pretty good, but not sure if they are suitable for a 14 month old :D

Jamie 16 February 2009 07:42 PM

Nope i was going to say that but my pc took a hissy fit,I will try and find some trumpton soft toys for you :D

Scoobychick 16 February 2009 08:58 PM

Hugh, Pugh, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub :D

Sosbanite 17 February 2009 12:36 AM

YouTube - Trumpton 1966

:D

Scoobychick 17 February 2009 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sosbanite (Post 8515856)

Quality :king: It takes me right back to my youth :D

Sonic' 17 February 2009 08:16 AM

I must admit I have been enjoying them quite a bit

Lee247 17 February 2009 09:03 AM

All I can find, is collectables at £40 a shot :eek:

Leslie 17 February 2009 10:36 AM

I feel the same way as baby. I used to watch them all the time:)

Les

Markus 17 February 2009 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8515216)
Hugh, Pugh, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub :D

*cough* actually, it's: "Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb"

Pugh and Pugh are twins.

Scoobychick 17 February 2009 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Markus (Post 8516427)

Pugh and Pugh are twins.

Well to be honest I've always thought it was "Pugh, Pugh.." but the internet said otherwise and of course the internet is never wrong ;) However I'm willing to accept that you're right Mark as I've never felt comfortable with the "Hugh" bit :D

Floodboy 17 February 2009 12:55 PM

The Life on Mars episode that starts as if they are Trumpton characters was pure genius

Leslie 18 February 2009 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Markus (Post 8516427)

Pugh and Pugh are twins.

You learn something new every day! I never knew that.

Les :)

TomR555 18 February 2009 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sosbanite (Post 8515856)

I use to have that fire engine,pressed a button on the top & it played the song :lol1: drove my mum & dad mad for months :lol1:
dont make them like that any more :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:
like the moto says "You cant beat the classics" :D :D :D
V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

Markus 18 February 2009 12:01 PM

I got my information from The Trumptonshire Web, which seems to be a pretty good resource, and on the link there is mention of the confusion over the roll call of the Firemen.

I agree the Camberwick Green opening to Life on Mars was excellent: "Is it Gene Hunt? Is he kicking a nonce again?". I also seem to recall Spitting Image did a pish take of Trumpsonshire, "Windy the pished Miller" springs to mind and something about cows with Mad Cow Disease.

Markus 18 February 2009 12:08 PM

Oh and one more, very distressing thing. Gordon Murray, aka "The Creator" was asked the following:

What became of all those wonderful puppets and the models and everything ? What happened to them?

Now all fans should prepare themselves for Gordon's reply:

I burnt them in a bonfire in my garden. I'd had them for some time after the transmissions had stopped. And various people had said "oh they're old fashioned", and they always were old fashioned actually. They were old fashioned from the word `go`. They had been used an awful lot you know so I burnt them, together with the scenery.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It's sacrilege I tell you!

Scoobychick 18 February 2009 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Markus (Post 8518984)
Oh and one more, very distressing thing. Gordon Murray, aka "The Creator" was asked the following:

What became of all those wonderful puppets and the models and everything ? What happened to them?

Now all fans should prepare themselves for Gordon's reply:

I burnt them in a bonfire in my garden. I'd had them for some time after the transmissions had stopped. And various people had said "oh they're old fashioned", and they always were old fashioned actually. They were old fashioned from the word `go`. They had been used an awful lot you know so I burnt them, together with the scenery.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It's sacrilege I tell you!

I wonder how much he regretted doing that? :wonder:

Tit :mad: :cry: :D

Tam the bam 18 February 2009 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8519481)
I wonder how much he regretted doing that? :wonder:

Tit :mad: :cry: :D

There was something on TV about that recently, apparently they would have been worth a fortune nowadays, so I think he must have regretted it a fair bit!