ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Trader Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/)
-   -   [New Product] Want to buy something simple but amazingly effective for your car? (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/746192-new-product-want-to-buy-something-simple-but-amazingly-effective-for-your-car.html)

Evolution Stu 14 February 2009 05:19 PM

[New Product] Want to buy something simple but amazingly effective for your car?

Hello,
Before you stop reading because you have looked at the picture, these are not the crap alloy ones you buy from ebay. For quite some time now I have been working on securing UK and European distribution rights for a product that left mainstream production on motor vehicles many many years ago and I have always thought should make a comeback but never did anything about it. Magnetism is still used a lot on bikes, and is standard fitment on aircraft.

The old school amongst you will remember that many cars used to come with an engine oil drain plug that contained a good strong magnet. The OE's stopped this due to the production costs of magnets going through the roof for the HT (High Temperature) versions. Interestingly, I know that at least one OE deleted them due to customer compaints about how much metal they caught when they did their own oil changes on quite fresh engines. Sometimes a little knowledge caused huge after sales problems and we all got a TSB explaining we were to take them out on our PDI's. Ha Ha.

Well, they are back. :)

http://www.magneticoildrainplugs.co....m%20X%2015.jpg

They are not cheap and I make no apologies for that as they are hand made and shipped in from the states (Shipping costs are huge due to weight and then import duty stuffs me a second time), but they are a good, honest, one time only purchase that do what they say on the tin and I have made some videos to show you what they do using the very plug i will sell a Subaru owner. There are also plenty of pages to explain all about them and why they are so much better than your normal £4.99 machined alloy Chinese effort on eBay and the likes. Please dont confuse the two products... the alloy ones are usually awful and the website explains why in some detail.

http://www.magneticoildrainplugs.co..../technical.jpg

Remember:
As your engine runs and wears it produces metal and this metal must go in the sump before the oil filter. Sadly, to get to the oil filter it usually has to go through the oil pump first so its nice to grab it before any damage can be done. And thats not to mention the fact that oil filters only tend to work down to about 35microns which is quite large compared to the metal in your oil. See the website for far more technical details.

If you want a quality drain plug with a super powerful magnet and exceptional assembly quality from a company who cares about their customers, look no further. (Prices on the site under product descriptions)

Visit magnetic oil drain plugs.co.uk and try the videos page if your not sure why you want a magnet in your oil. Remember, the magnet in the video is the one you would buy for your Subaru, and the "Other Brand" magnet was bought from eBay last week. I bought three from different suppliers, all performed the same. Very Badly.

Edited to add:
We sell these drain plugs for most cars and are adding gearboxes and diffs etc as requested.

RA Dunk 14 February 2009 05:28 PM

have heard a few people with impreza`s using these, was actually thinking about one myself :)

dunx 14 February 2009 08:14 PM

I thought this was going to be another BMW indicator joke !

dunx

P.S. Seems like a wise addition to me.

sparkytrix 14 February 2009 10:35 PM

what a good idea, cant believe it held all those tools :thumb:

stigaz 15 February 2009 01:03 PM

i would buy one, but would need one with a sensor on it for the oil pressure,

mickywrx 15 February 2009 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by stigaz (Post 8511274)
i would buy one, but would need one with a sensor on it for the oil pressure,

It's a sump plug. Temperature maybe? ;)

mickywrx 15 February 2009 06:41 PM

Stu,

Discount for SN+ members?

wrighty338 15 February 2009 11:40 PM

group buy!!

Evolution Stu 16 February 2009 09:17 AM

Sorry guys, there simply isnt enough profit in these items for a group buy to be worth the trouble. However, I can do you incredible discounts on TD Remapping Via a group buy. :king:

imf1 17 February 2009 06:00 PM

Bought one.:D
Money and sense come to mind, but filling a Scooby tank more than once a week puts it all in perspective :lol1: :lol1: :thumb:

Richy B 17 February 2009 10:06 PM

I bought one too... :thumb: I will let some of my level headed Scooby friends know about the product also... ;)

Evolution Stu 17 February 2009 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by imf1 (Post 8517221)
Bought one.:D
Money and sense come to mind, but filling a Scooby tank more than once a week puts it all in perspective :lol1: :lol1: :thumb:

You mean your like me? More sense than money so you always spend wisely on quality instead of foolishly on tat?

imf1 18 February 2009 06:59 AM

:D I can go with that.:thumb:

Evolution Stu 18 February 2009 10:35 PM

:D Thanks fellas, your business is much appreciated.

Arch 19 February 2009 02:10 AM

Stu these are not standard equipment on modern aircraft, what is used there is a magnetic chip detector which is used to give warning of debris in the oil. The chip detector is a two pronged magnet which when bridged by a metalic particle will complete a circuit and either put on a warning light or log a maintenance message on the onboard maintenance computer.
Also used is a system of very fine particle filters which delta p measurements made to show an impending filter blockage caused by debris. This is used as the filter has a bypass system to ensure that the oil flow to the engine will not be interupted as a result of a blocked filter but the filter blockage will be logged again as a light or a maintenace message, this is known as an impending bypass warning and is used for both oil and fuel systems.
The relevant filter is then removed and the debris sent for spectro particle analysis.

ps how much are they as I agree they are a good idea :lol1:

Evolution Stu 19 February 2009 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Arch (Post 8521060)
Stu these are not standard equipment on modern aircraft, what is used there is a magnetic chip detector which is used to give warning of debris in the oil. The chip detector is a two pronged magnet which when bridged by a metalic particle will complete a circuit and either put on a warning light or log a maintenance message on the onboard maintenance computer.
Also used is a system of very fine particle filters which delta p measurements made to show an impending filter blockage caused by debris. This is used as the filter has a bypass system to ensure that the oil flow to the engine will not be interupted as a result of a blocked filter but the filter blockage will be logged again as a light or a maintenace message, this is known as an impending bypass warning and is used for both oil and fuel systems.
The relevant filter is then removed and the debris sent for spectro particle analysis.

Good info, thanks. :luxhello:

how much are they as I agree they are a good idea
Prices are next to the products, on the site.

MaDaSS 18 April 2009 09:01 PM

Go on then, i will have one so its ready for my next oil change! Although the car has already done 83k miles so there better not be much more metal left! LOL

Evolution Stu 06 June 2009 10:29 PM

These are now available in huge ultra strong M26 format for the gearbox drain.

Mick 07 December 2009 12:18 PM

Look good - might be too late for my car - but I thinks it's worth doing.

Mick :D

bigarf 07 December 2009 03:24 PM

i would buy one of these, but my car never seems to do more than a few miles before it breaks and the engine needs taking apart anyway.:(

The Gaffer 07 December 2009 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands (Post 8749658)
These are now available in huge ultra strong M26 format for the gearbox drain.

Gearbox drain plug allready has got one as standard :thumb:

Evolution Stu 12 December 2009 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by The Gaffer (Post 9086511)
Gearbox drain plug allready has got one as standard :thumb:

It has indeed but its around 10x weaker than mine. :D

New differential plugs coming into stock next week as well. :king:

Evolution Stu 22 December 2009 07:39 AM

Today is your last guaranteed posting day for Xmas guys. :king:

Evolution Stu 24 June 2010 04:30 PM

Diff bungs also now available.

Plus:
Here is a great example of why its worth installing one of these:
http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f692...52/#post199485

:eek: :eek: :eek: