ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Hotel in Preston (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/745961-hotel-in-preston.html)

Milamber 13 February 2009 04:34 PM

Hotel in Preston

I'm due up there on the 25th & 26th, are there any good hotels in the area, need wifi:thumb:

john_s 13 February 2009 05:25 PM

What are you looking for... Close to city centre or anywhere particular? Decent hotel or Travel Inn type place?

Jamie 13 February 2009 05:42 PM

Try Ribbleton La, Preston, PR1 5AB
01772 444550 :)
or
4 star hotel in Preston city Lancashire Blackpool lake district

Milamber 13 February 2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by john_s (Post 8507356)
What are you looking for... Close to city centre or anywhere particular? Decent hotel or Travel Inn type place?

Ideally city centre, close to a decent curry shop, with wi-fi so I can work/surf scoobynet in the evening.

Definitely a decent hotel - travel inn :eek:

Milamber 13 February 2009 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 8507388)
Try Ribbleton La, Preston, PR1 5AB
01772 444550 :)
or
4 star hotel in Preston city Lancashire Blackpool lake district

Yeah this one looks good, I was looking for a de vere but the closest is in Chester..

Cheers

john_s 13 February 2009 07:04 PM

There's a De Vere (Heron's Reach I think it is) by Stanley Park in Blackpool, which is closer than Chester, but not that great for Preston.

The Marriot linked above is supposed to be good... that would be my suggestion too. It's not in the City Centre, but it's only a few minutes out. Can't think of any similar hotels any closer.

In terms of a curry house, I'm not sure what there is in Preston... I don't eat curry often, so I can't make a personal recommendation (will ask at work on Monday though). Someone mentioned the other day that the Ashiana just off the M55 at Kirkham is a decent place, but that's a few miles away.

Milamber 13 February 2009 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by john_s (Post 8507608)
There's a De Vere (Heron's Reach I think it is) by Stanley Park in Blackpool, which is closer than Chester, but not that great for Preston.

The Marriot linked above is supposed to be good... that would be my suggestion too. It's not in the City Centre, but it's only a few minutes out. Can't think of any similar hotels any closer.

In terms of a curry house, I'm not sure what there is in Preston... I don't eat curry often, so I can't make a personal recommendation (will ask at work on Monday though). Someone mentioned the other day that the Ashiana just off the M55 at Kirkham is a decent place, but that's a few miles away.

Cheers John, I'll be there for 2 nights so might be adventourous and have a chinese one night :D

john_s 13 February 2009 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 8507671)
Cheers John, I'll be there for 2 nights so might be adventourous and have a chinese one night :D

Can't go Wong with that.

(Sorry! :rolleyes: )

If you go in the city centre, Great Times Chinese restaurant on Lancaster Road at the side of the covered market has always been good.