ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Street fighter 4 (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/745909-street-fighter-4-a.html)

Ant 13 February 2009 12:41 PM

Street fighter 4

Been playing the full game as i've been lucky enough to get it early, very nice looking graphics :). if you was my age and grew up on SF2 Turbo on the snes you'll lovetthis.

All the original characters are still there which is good. Still 2d movement but 3d graphics

4/5 from me

http://www.techlivez.com/wp-content/...-fighter-4.jpg

boxst 14 February 2009 01:18 AM

That looks good -- I have the original one somewhere.

I still want Tekken on the Xbox -- you know you want to Namco.

Steve

scoobyverysoon 14 February 2009 09:14 AM

Used to love SF2 turbo

will get this when it comes down in price

bob269 14 February 2009 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by boxst (Post 8508524)
That looks good -- I have the original one somewhere.

I still want Tekken on the Xbox -- you know you want to Namco.

Steve

Tekken 6 is in production on 360 and it's looking good :thumb:

boxst 14 February 2009 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by bob269 (Post 8509069)
Tekken 6 is in production on 360 and it's looking good :thumb:

So it is!!! I didn't know that. Excellent.

Tekken 6 - Trailer

Steve

Shaun 18 February 2009 10:03 AM

The SF Fanboys on the net are going mental over this release.

I can't wait until Friday..... it will be the first time I have switched on a current gen console since getting in to these Arcade Cabs during the first week in January! :D

Ant 18 February 2009 11:09 AM

there bringing a arcade style remote just this game. I might look into it :D

I've not put it down yet, can't go on live yet though as m$ will find out

WhatswiththeR 19 February 2009 10:49 AM

anyone know if this is going to be a midnight release tonight?

joey_turbo 19 February 2009 11:06 AM

I had the original SF2 on SNES, not the Turbo one, and that was £65 quid when it came out! All that for some plastic and a 16mb cartridge.
SF4 looks pretty good.

scoobyverysoon 19 February 2009 11:17 AM

Got the snes emulator for my PSP and streetfighter 2 turbo runs great on it :luxhello:

wiley 19 February 2009 11:32 PM

getting tomorrow for my ps3, anybody think they are any decent, you can add me - hkplayer8

wiley

Shaun 20 February 2009 12:37 AM

I ordered mine from Gamestation on Wednesday and it came on Thursday. Have not had chance to play it yet though.

Ant 20 February 2009 01:32 AM

http://www.gamecyte.com/wp-content/u...pad-blanka.jpg

Ant 20 February 2009 01:33 AM

or this baby

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1...25.2_super.jpg

Flaps 20 February 2009 06:06 PM

Picked up a copy for the 360 today, seems to be £30 everywhere at the moment.
It's a bit wierd! I can't get my head around the combination of the graphics going from cartoon style characters and backgrounds to newer computer designed 3D animated characters in the background. It looks strange but it's pretty addictive.

seven x 20 February 2009 07:58 PM

Got mine today also. Really like it. Anyone want to add me for a game feel free: sevenxl77

(360 version)

ChristianR 21 February 2009 09:07 AM

have it for the ps3, it's great.

just need a good joystick now, any recommendations?

StickyMicky 21 February 2009 07:55 PM

Only 2 people on my friends list actually playing it at the moment, i am quite tempted by this one, looks like its worthy of a RRP!

phil_wrx 21 February 2009 08:13 PM

im not too sure if ill buy it as i have the streetfighter2 hd remix from x box arcade and i play that, roll on tekken 6 though

Will 21 February 2009 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by phil_wrx (Post 8527906)
im not too sure if ill buy it as i have the streetfighter2 hd remix from x box arcade and i play that, roll on tekken 6 though

Didnt know you could get hd remix on xbox arcade! Been trying to get hold of an copy for ages and it looks fantastic :thumb:

Will be getting my copy of SF4 tomorow and as i have been looking forward to it since ages, happy days :luxhello:.

And cant wait till Tekken 6 is out, when is it released?

phil_wrx 21 February 2009 09:29 PM

yeh the hd remix is very good and playing online is hard :D

not sure on tekken but i might get that on ps3...after all i need something to play on the ps3 :D

Flaps 22 February 2009 12:25 PM

I'm stuck on the third level of the Arcade mode, I just can't get any further on Medium! :mad: How many stages are there to this mode?

WhatswiththeR 22 February 2009 01:18 PM

erm i think theres about 6 or 7 the last boss is well annoying still managed to complete it with ken and sagat, gonna try my luck with that abel character he looks really good

StickyMicky 22 February 2009 01:21 PM

Just picked a copy of this up from ASDA

27.47 quid (American keyboard i have no pound sign lol)
hopefully i will get on at some point later on tonight (i popped into work and i am now stuck here until 5pm :rolleyes: )

haroldhettaturbo 22 February 2009 02:41 PM

SF2, then championship edition, then hyperfighting.

Spent mucho monmey on these arcades when i was a teen.

Played SF1 in londen once, v hard.

StickyMicky 22 February 2009 11:41 PM

Righty, i have spent around an hour on it, fired it up and it asked me to set something to show i was online, or something like that, to be honest i tried to skip past it, but i assume i switched it on.

Started an arcade game on medium, "a new challenger has arrived" doh!
figure i am not ready for any xbl games yet, so i kicked the poor chap and tried again, he bloody rejoined :rolleyes: tried yet again and he rejoined again, so thought "**** it" and started an xbl game as my first ever SF4 experience, well i must have gotten lucky, as i kicked this blokes arse big style lmfao, so much so that just before he was beaten for good, the fag disconnected :rolleyes:

the game seams pretty good, but i have a few questions, is this mainly a XBL multiplayer title, as the single player seams a bit "weak" if you know what i mean.

also, what are these battle points (xp?) and what is this title and icon stuff for?

StickyMicky 22 February 2009 11:42 PM

ps. the analogue sticks seam horrible for some reason and i have been using the d-pad, what is everybody else using?

wiley 23 February 2009 10:39 AM

I'm using the standard d-pad at the moment, I heard that the arcade(official sf4) are sold out, and are going on ebay for £200(rrp £70)
I'm doing ok so far, not really played single mode, just been playing online. 1100 points already(ps3)

Wiley

WRXewl 23 February 2009 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 8530990)
what is this title and icon stuff for?

Your icon and message banner for your online fighter profile when you press RB on the main menu, been using the sticks myself and its a real hoot when your catch someone with Kens Ultra combo finish in a XBL game :lol1:

StickyMicky 23 February 2009 03:08 PM

so you don't actually need the title or icons at all, not even for any achievements?