ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Stupid or not to travel up north? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/745862-stupid-or-not-to-travel-up-north.html)

HKSubaru 13 February 2009 01:17 AM

Stupid or not to travel up north?

Seeing that the snow is coming back, i was supposed to go to lake district this weekend coming from London way, could everyone let me know what the weather is up there or approaching and how the road conditions are?

Looked at the weather forecast but they all seem different from the sites.

Thanks in advance.
Phil

bigsinky 13 February 2009 01:24 AM

are you delusional? NE england needs a snow plough atm. police are advising motorists only to travel if necessary. met office are handing out severe weather warnings like smarties

HKSubaru 13 February 2009 01:46 AM

Hmm..! It was just that I'm in London and it was mentinoed it will snow here, nothing major and Down south was supposed to have a lot of snow early on the week but no snow, seems the forecasters have been a bit unpredictable which is why i asked.

mykp 13 February 2009 08:10 AM

North West, where the Lake District is is fairly clear! Ive been to Morecambe last night from east cheshire and never saw any snow.

AFAIK the heavy snow was on the east coast and norfolk.

sarasquares 13 February 2009 08:12 AM

and all the snow here has gone :(

GC8 13 February 2009 08:18 AM

Travelling North is never stupid: staying in the South on the other hand.....

sarasquares 13 February 2009 08:19 AM

i quite agree :thumb:

staying there maybe stupid:p

jaytc2003 13 February 2009 08:21 AM

north west side of the country is clear (according to weather reports), however travelling to the north west may be difficult as you tend to find a general migration from the south up there :D

Lee247 13 February 2009 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 8506147)
and all the snow here has gone :(

Still got loads here. Day off for me :thumb:

sarasquares 13 February 2009 08:26 AM

we still have the old snow but when i left the cinema last night it had settled everywhere and now its gone :(

ChrisB 13 February 2009 08:37 AM

No snow at all my bit of Staffordshire / Cheshire. M6 was clear when I crossed it this morning and only mention of a bit of drizzle on the local forecasts.

pwhittle 13 February 2009 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by bigsinky (Post 8506035)
are you delusional? NE england needs a snow plough atm. police are advising motorists only to travel if necessary. met office are handing out severe weather warnings like smarties

They've moved the Lakes across the country? :Suspiciou

we went last week specifically to play in the 4x4, but there was no snow at all at lower levels

GC8 13 February 2009 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by bigsinky (Post 8506035)

You do know that the Lake District isnt in the North East: dont you?

Clarebabes 13 February 2009 09:01 AM

Typical London attitude, doesn't know what's going on outside the M25! :lol1: (Joke!)

dpb 13 February 2009 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8506216)
You do know that the Lake District isnt in the North East: dont you?

LOL .

As far as i heard it they closed the A1 one time between Anwick and Berwick for say 10 minutes

T5OLF 13 February 2009 09:21 AM

I'm 40 mins from lakes. Hardly had any snow in the last week. None forecast for the next 5 days either.

Dream Weaver 13 February 2009 09:55 AM

Same here as well, I'm about 60 miles South of the lakes and all the snow is now gone. We were up there on Sunday and it was snowing very heavily, but we still made good progress coming back.

Maybe that's cos us Northerners are used to snow EVERY winter though and don't find it newsworthy ;)