ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Grand Designs - 11th Feb (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/745589-grand-designs-11th-feb.html)

Wish 11 February 2009 09:23 PM

Grand Designs - 11th Feb

They are introduced and hes a banker and she in PR ..... So Im thinking FAIL

They get rid of the builder, and architect she not listning to anyone.
There builder looks really dodgy ...

Is it going to all go wrong ????

Wish 11 February 2009 09:24 PM

How on earth did they get planning to build the greenhouse on the side of that historic building .....

HankScorpio 11 February 2009 09:26 PM

Mouthy, agressive, new money knobs.
Design looks horrendous and that corridor in the *extension* loooked like one of those places where you rent an office by the hour.

Will succeed only by throwing money at it.

Milamber 11 February 2009 09:27 PM

She's quite hot though

Wish 11 February 2009 09:28 PM

NO WAY !!!!
Horrible

Wish 11 February 2009 09:36 PM

LOL there names in the window ledges

Nat 11 February 2009 09:47 PM

Too much telly tonight!

Watching football, Sky+ing Nature on BBC1 and gonna Sky+ Grand designs on +1 at 10.

What a sad **** i am :lol1:

jason77 11 February 2009 09:49 PM

should have gone for the grey finish ;)

Wish 11 February 2009 09:51 PM

The amount of silly knitted hats was amazing :lol:

Yes, should have been grey, when they were putting it on the wall I thought they were then going to paint it.

Its looks so wrong from outside on so many levels .... They bit on the second floor leaning against the original house looks like a porta cabin

jason77 11 February 2009 09:54 PM

you can tell she designed that table... bloody minging

LC Geezer 11 February 2009 09:56 PM

They really are quite hateful. She'd get it though.

HankScorpio 11 February 2009 09:59 PM

Looked like the bit where the window joined the old building was filled with chewing gum.

Timwinner 11 February 2009 10:03 PM

I like the idea, I just dont think they nailed it. Plus he seems like he has some problem with where he was bought up and now feels like he has to lord it over the council estate that made him what he is.
Still thats what you get when you dont hire a professional architect.

Clarebabes 11 February 2009 10:03 PM

I didn't like it, and blooming expensive, but I wouldn't turn it down if someone gifted it to me :D

Wish 11 February 2009 10:05 PM

The table legs look like something she would shove up her arse

That was the worst Grand Design I think ive ever seen

HankScorpio 11 February 2009 10:07 PM

My mrs summed it up as the titles were rolling - "well, they ruined that".

unclebuck 11 February 2009 10:07 PM

She reminded me a bit of a Jennifer Sunders character. :lol1:

They did well, though I can't imagine how much debt they must be in now, post 'crunch'. No way they will make a profit on a build like that.

Their contract bloke was great though - must be a real welsh rugby man - he was huge.... :eek:

unclebuck 11 February 2009 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 8503073)
My mrs summed it up as the titles were rolling - "well, they ruined that".

The 'portacabin' bathroom on the first floor was a disaster visually.

I didn't get that at all... :freak3:

mykp 11 February 2009 10:09 PM

How did they get planning permission for that. Inside the folly was great but the 1st floor bathroom looked like it was stuck on as an after though!

Hideous.

unclebuck 11 February 2009 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wish (Post 8503066)
The table legs look like something she would shove up her arse

That was the worst Grand Design I think ive ever seen

You really didn't like them, did you.... ;)

Wish 11 February 2009 10:50 PM

Well the original building was beautiful, they came along and made a real hash of the place.
I am just amazed that planning let it happen

Gav 12 February 2009 10:21 AM

I quite liked it but it could have been so much better. Breathtaking location though with epic views.

When you compare it to the converted castle near York from a couple of seasons ago it's not in the same league! They properly restored it to how it should be:)

This one:

http://www.celticcastles.com/castles...img/castle.jpg

Scoobychick 12 February 2009 10:26 AM

I quite liked it, I liked the old and the new together although I agreed with Kev about the bathroom on the first floor, and also the colour of the render. I hated the table she designed, she has definitely seen a few butt plugs in her time :lol1:

As for him, urgh, a prize wally and I didn't like her much either. Not my kind of folk, too cold and a bit twattish :D

austinwrx 12 February 2009 10:31 AM

that castle is near hellifield in North Yorkshire- near settle really. anyway just being a pedant.

actually she was pretty hot, esp when she turned blonde and started growing her hair.

I quite like the design, the building was nothing special to begin with if you're honest. also very very small compared to the castle.

I am thinking they'll be on their arses financially though...... they had that gastly barrett type house to sell-------- value of that will have collapsed no doubt.

speedking 12 February 2009 01:42 PM

They started with a folly, not a castle! Presumably too small to be a viable home without an extension, and no-one would pay £1m for it if they couldn't live there. Planners made a sensible decision so that the building is preserved:thumb: It can always be put back to its 'original' condition in the future if required. Still needed a bit of work on the garden though :eek:

davyboy 12 February 2009 01:47 PM

Bit of the green eyed monster here! By assuming they will be financially ruined, does that somehow make you feel better?

The side bit was too big, but apart from that I'd be happy to live there.

SiPie 12 February 2009 01:50 PM

My thoughts:

Table was feckin awful

White would have been ok for the rendering had they not added the stupid portacabin bit :rolleyes:

Hats off to her for her determination and drive that she showed

He had a face I'd never get tired of smashing

Wouldn't pick a fight with the builder, his shoulders were feckin huge :eek:

She wouldn't get it....

Got sick of them going on about their up-bringing, seemed perfectly fine to me...

Affected Twats

and Kevin McLoud isn't ageing well (wife's remark that I agreed with!)

There :D

J4CKO 12 February 2009 05:15 PM

Yes, ruined it with the portacabin, exactly the comment I made, sometimes the "juxtaposition" thing works well with old and new if done sympathetically, that just didnt, the front looked like it had a branch of KFC on the side and was just waiting for the signwriters to finish it off.

The original house was lovely, they thought they would get all grand designs on it and failed.

Sometimes I wonder, with a house like that whether its good for the kid(s), all showhome and stunning views but its not like the little lad can pop out and play with his mates, my missus grew up in a nice house but it was out in the sticks and probably had more stuff but I used to play out for days at a time, call for my mates wheras she had to rely on lifts and arranged appointments to go to a friends.

Borat_Drives_A_Scooby 12 February 2009 08:04 PM

I thought the finished design looked hideous, you couldn`t have fecked it up any better if you had tried.

What baffles me is why didn`t they use an identical or similar stone to the castle to build the add-ons, they looked a pair of right nobs anyway so i think the design and finished article suits them very well :lol:

hutton_d 12 February 2009 08:19 PM

Never saw this one but did they keep going on about 'spaces'??? That really fecking bugs me - it's not a 'space' - it's the bl**dy living room!!!!!!!

Dave