ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Saving just as bitmap? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/745430-saving-just-as-bitmap.html)

carl555 11 February 2009 11:58 AM

Saving just as bitmap?

Hi, my pc is driving me crazy again!
Had this a few years ago where under right click - save as – it would be always be a .bmp.
Solved this back then with the Microsoft support pages specifically for that problem.

This time its different:
For instance with scoobynet – right click - save as - An image on a forum page will save no problem as a jpeg, But if you first click on that image to open up in its original size in a new window it will always save as .bmp and I cant get rid of this!!!

Gone through the ms support page again and done everything advised: deleted temp internet files, deleted everything under C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and moved the temp internet files to a new folder. Also turned off firewall with no difference. Using XP SP2.

If you can offer any more suggestions I’ll be grateful, thanks in advance, Carl. :)

Dream Weaver 11 February 2009 01:56 PM

Delete your temp internet files, and clear your cache and it should work fine.

carl555 12 February 2009 10:04 AM

Thanks. Done all that and Still the same.

Its only when you click and open the image up in its new window its wants to save as a bitmap???

JerryTerzo 12 February 2009 05:55 PM

Try this:
Click Tools, click Internet Options, click the Advanced tab, click to clear the Do not save encrypted pages to disk check box, click View, and then click Refresh. The Do not save encrypted pages to disk check box is under the Security section.

Info here Internet Explorer does not save graphics files in the proper format

carl555 13 February 2009 01:01 AM

Thanks Jerry. I’d already found that and tried it - no different.

Dam frustrating this :cry:

carl555 13 February 2009 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by carl555DBM (Post 8501321)

This time its different:
For instance with scoobynet – right click - save as - An image on a forum page will save no problem as a jpeg, But if you first click on that image to open up in its original size in a new window it will always save as .bmp and I cant get rid of this!!!

Can anyone else shed some light on this or maybe point me in the direction of a computer forum that may be of help?

carl555 18 February 2009 05:30 PM

Any more help on this would be appreciated.

Was using IE6, just downloaded IE7 and its still happening!:confused: Arrrrrh!!!:mad:

carl555 23 February 2009 09:03 AM

Just another shout to ask can anyone help with this or point me to a decent computer forum for further advice:

On scoobynet, when I click and open an image up in its new IE window its wants to save as a bitmap, in its original window its fine and saves as jpeg???

scoobyverysoon 23 February 2009 09:12 AM

You tried using firefox?

carl555 23 February 2009 09:23 AM

Not tried it but I’ve got Opera and that works fine regards this jpeg in a new window issue.
Usually stick to IE and just really wanted to get this problem sorted, as I thought this should be something that can be resolved easily.