ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Bugs / Feature Requests Archive (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/)
-   -   Unread threads not in bold? (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/744928-unread-threads-not-in-bold.html)

mit 09 February 2009 12:31 PM

Unread threads not in bold?

I have noticed today, that most of the unread threads are not in bold anymore, which is really annoying as i can't see at a glance what i haven't/have read! Put it back!!:(

Mit

Phil 09 February 2009 12:33 PM

Must be you as they are for me !

Milamber 09 February 2009 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 8495437)
Must be you as they are for me !

its the same for me, you must be "special" Phil

Phil 09 February 2009 12:35 PM

Strange

Milamber 09 February 2009 12:40 PM

they do say that about you.... :D

escott 09 February 2009 12:43 PM

Seems to be doing this for me - any thread older than the last time I logged in is not in bold, which isn't very useful.

mit 09 February 2009 12:46 PM

Thats it, same as you escott. You must be special too!:)

SunnySideUp 09 February 2009 01:00 PM

And ME - I'm certainly special ;)

IainMilford 09 February 2009 01:15 PM

happening for me too...............

Underworld 09 February 2009 01:21 PM

noticed it at around 2am... i think all posts on and before yesterday have been marked read for some reason>>>
:Suspiciou
Americans messing around
:Suspiciou

cornflakes5210 09 February 2009 01:27 PM

woohoo im one of the special ones
but i've been told that for yrs :freak3: :freak3:

escott 09 February 2009 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by mit (Post 8495458)
Thats it, same as you escott. You must be special too!:)

People keep telling me that, can't think why :wonder:

ColiNThESTI 09 February 2009 04:08 PM

im getting it as well using firefox

mickywrx 09 February 2009 09:06 PM

SN is fecked, simple as.

IB want to pull their collective fingers out and get it sorted, IMO.

I appreciate moving things across the pond is/was a big job, but, IB are supposed to know what they are doing. Have they bitten off more than they can chew by trying to move SN and PF around the same time?

NotoriousREV 09 February 2009 09:46 PM

This is really annoying, it only shows threads since the last visit but I dip in and out of the site so it's a pain remembering where I'm up to. Please put it back how it was, thanks.

XRS 10 February 2009 01:24 PM

Same happening to me too - frustrating, presumably someone has unchecked a box somewhere.

It would be good to get it back to how it operated until yesterday :)

bioforger 10 February 2009 02:40 PM

SN went down early this morning for ~ 10mins, afterwards the all thread read thing popped up. Makes reading the forum pretty much impossible :)

IainMilford 10 February 2009 04:37 PM

perhaps its a way of making us spend more time reading threads we're not sure we've already read or not ..........

phil_wrx 10 February 2009 08:25 PM

yep mine is the same

Milamber 11 February 2009 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 8497091)
SN is fecked, simple as.

and the complete lack of response really helps doesn't it.........

XRS 11 February 2009 06:48 PM

Maybe it will be fixed during the 3-hour outage tonight?

Milamber 11 February 2009 08:43 PM

you're joking aren't you, Marie Celeste around here.....

Evolution Stu 12 February 2009 12:32 AM

We are looking at the forums problems collectively guys but due to the impending software upgrade and new features set coming its not really worth spending a lot of time on to be honest as virtually every template is going to be changed very soon.

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 8497091)
SN is fecked, simple as.
IB want to pull their collective fingers out and get it sorted, IMO.
I appreciate moving things across the pond is/was a big job, but, IB are supposed to know what they are doing. Have they bitten off more than they can chew by trying to move SN and PF around the same time?

Fecked? Because your read topics aren't highlighted? :wonder:

Milamber 12 February 2009 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands (Post 8503494)
Fecked? Because your read topics aren't highlighted? :wonder:

It's not just that and you know it......... :nono:

Evolution Stu 12 February 2009 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 8503660)
It's not just that and you know it......... :nono:

Instead of wagging your finger at me like im a naughty schoolboy, I invite you to demonstrate why the forum is "fecked". :)

Milamber 12 February 2009 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands (Post 8503706)
Instead of wagging your finger at me like im a naughty schoolboy, I invite you to demonstrate why the forum is "fecked". :)

Why don't you address that question to the person who described it as "fecked"? :wonder:

Milamber 12 February 2009 11:09 AM

I would just direct you to the 28 posts since xmas in this section & the thread considered so important it was made a sticky entitled "The BIG list of things to fix"................

I do realise that you have plans for us and some of the upgrades will be beneficial but you will have to understand Stu that it is incredibly frustrating to make a post about about a bug and then have it completely ignored...

XRS 12 February 2009 11:10 AM

Well, I was wrong - the outage didn't sort it.

Evolution Stu 12 February 2009 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 8503824)
I would just direct you to the 28 posts since xmas in this section & the thread considered so important it was made a sticky entitled "The BIG list of things to fix"................

I do realise that you have plans for us and some of the upgrades will be beneficial but you will have to understand Stu that it is incredibly frustrating to make a post about about a bug and then have it completely ignored...

A quick review shows most do have a reply from the webteam. And the sticky was made sticky by me. The ones that can be fixed without new software have been fixed, the rest deferred until the new software can be rolled in, but i still don't see how you come to the conclusion that "Its Fecked"

I assure you the list of bugs in this forum don't even come close to the list of things i have already fixed around here.

Also bear in mind that the subject of this very topic is a problem not shared by many at all and could well be a problem locally. Have you tried deleting all internet cache and cookies then reebooting as nobody i have spoken to today are experiencing it, me included. My unread topics are all bold in every forum.

Phil 12 February 2009 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands (Post 8503853)
A quick review shows most do have a reply from the webteam. And the sticky was made sticky by me. The ones that can be fixed without new software have been fixed, the rest deferred until the new software can be rolled in, but i still don't see how you come to the conclusion that "Its Fecked"

I assure you the list of bugs in this forum don't even come close to the list of things i have already fixed around here.

Also bear in mind that the subject of this very topic is a problem not shared by many at all and could well be a problem locally. Have you tried deleting all internet cache and cookies then reebooting as nobody i have spoken to today are experiencing it, me included. My unread topics are all bold in every forum.

Me to !

:lol1: