ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   gta4 on xbox360 keeps crashing help (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/744837-gta4-on-xbox360-keeps-crashing-help.html)

delcbr 08 February 2009 10:30 PM

gta4 on xbox360 keeps crashing help

hi bought an xbox360 so far have played cod 4 and fallout 3 and halo 3 extensively on it no probs until i tried gta 4 on it first time today keeps crashing after 5-10 mins of play scren freezes up or goes black!!! iam wondering if its because ive downloaded updates for it when i was connected to xbox live.
anyone else here have this happen?
i bought the game from play.com should i send it back as defective or is it something to do with the xbox?

Boro 08 February 2009 10:31 PM

Have you tried loading it to your HDD?

delcbr 08 February 2009 10:36 PM

no how do i do that?

delcbr 08 February 2009 10:39 PM

installing now do you think thats what the problem is?

J4CKO 08 February 2009 10:47 PM

Mine did this on GTA4, do the graphics go wierd ?

Had to send my machine for repair.

delcbr 08 February 2009 10:48 PM

Jacko how do you go about sending it back?
yea i sen a few colours on the screen then it went black or the screen just froze up!!!!

cornflakes5210 08 February 2009 11:21 PM

check if you got laser burn on the disk

Boro 08 February 2009 11:24 PM

Running it from the HDD might help. I occassionally get a freeze even after that, but it doesnt happen as often.

delcbr 09 February 2009 06:04 PM

right ive installed to hard drive and played for over an hour and it hasnt froze yea!!!! thanks for your help Boro!!

StickyMicky 09 February 2009 06:40 PM

my gears of war 1 disc apparently has "lazer burn" due to extended play :confused:

it was/is the first i have heard of it, i thought it was maybe a little scratched at first, although i do look after my discs, sometimes the missus is a bit ham fisted when she takes them out to put a "bloody dr who" dvd in :rolleyes:

i paid a local games shop to skim and polish my disc, even though it looked pretty mint anyway?

made no difference at all and would still not get as far as the title screen :cuckoo:

ended up lending a mates copy, using that to install to hard drive, and then using my "lazerburn" copy to play the game.

reminds me that i was supposed to google this lazer burn nonsense and see what the deal is!

StickyMicky 09 February 2009 06:44 PM

google says that "laser burn" is due to moving the machine while its in use and it leaves a mark around the disc, i never did any of that and the disc looked fine (looks even better now its been refinished but it still wont play on its own!)

strange situation!

J4CKO 09 February 2009 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by delcbr (Post 8494467)
Jacko how do you go about sending it back?
yea i sen a few colours on the screen then it went black or the screen just froze up!!!!

I just rang Microsoft, I had heard about the extended warranty fro the 360 so I thought that would cover it, as mine was working but not displaying a picture they charged me £60 so make sure you say it has RROD'd on you.