ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Do I need two xbox 360's? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/744791-do-i-need-two-xbox-360s.html)

Scooby Soon! 08 February 2009 08:29 PM

Do I need two xbox 360's?

My xbox 360 gave the 3 red lights on Saturday completly out of the blue, so I kept a glum look on my face until Sunday when my wife bought me a new 60gb version :)

The old one is just over 2 years old so I have registered it with Microsoft for a return/repair but when it comes back should i keep it or sell it?

I am guessing its worth about £100? or does anyone have two xboxes one upstairs and one downstairs? Can I use the same gamertag on both if I do this?

scoobymyster 08 February 2009 08:33 PM

im not 100% but i think you can use gamer tag on them both, id sell it though, fill the tank on the scoob twice lol.
Gears of war 1 rocks

StudentScooby 08 February 2009 09:49 PM

got 2 myself for system link and backup when the red ring comes back

adehook 08 February 2009 09:51 PM

they send new ones in return for you old, you have to post them to germany (bosch) for free, they also give you a month free live.

Scooby Soon! 08 February 2009 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by adehook (Post 8494217)
they send new ones in return for you old, you have to post them to germany (bosch) for free, they also give you a month free live.

But my new power supplier is less powerful than the old one? I thought you just sent the main box back?

Does that mean I will get one back with a HD out?

bob269 08 February 2009 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by adehook (Post 8494217)

Pretty sure they just repair them, as for second hand value, the retail boxes are pretty cheap so don't expect much for selling it.

StickyMicky 09 February 2009 06:20 PM

flogged mine (old core) as soon as it came back for £60 :D

already had a new elite to "tide me over" :D

adehook 09 February 2009 06:28 PM

they used to just repair them at some place in the uk, then the moved the contract to germany, when i sent mine they sent a brand new one, as they got date on the label on the back, i just thought they would do this to all, unless the recon them with a new date on

jpor 09 February 2009 09:14 PM

Mate of mine had a new Arcade come back to him with a 1 month extra free gold live subscription when his kicked off with the 3 ROD.

SCOsazOBY 10 February 2009 09:10 PM

You cant have the same gamertag operational on two xboxs at the same time. I have my gamertag on both consoles but if i choose to play downstairs then i simply recover my GT from XBL and then when i want to play upstairs i have to recover it again.
If i save a game upstairs then that save data cannot be accessed downstairs unless i either play the game from the beginning again or i buy a memory card but to be honest i usually stick to one console now.