ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   ITV a world class broadcaster (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/743870-itv-a-world-class-broadcaster.html)

Spooky Mulder 05 February 2009 01:10 PM

ITV a world class broadcaster

Since most threads here have a pop at the Beeb how about this gem from ITV.

As one of the classic derbies what can be more intense than Everton v Liverpool in the cup.

After 118 minutes of intense (dull) battle with only two minutes remaining to extra time, the score is a nail-biting nil-nil.

ITV clearly think it is dull as they cutaway to a commercial break. Half way through the advert they cut back and the score is one-nil.

We wait 118 minutes and they miss the only significant event of the game. I bet a few tellies got broken in 'Pool last night!!

AndyC_772 05 February 2009 01:21 PM

Maybe they held off for as long as possible, but are contractually obliged to show ads at the time they've been paid for?

Hardly ITV's fault IMHO - the only alternative would be to show "live" sports with a delay so they know when the genuinely boring bits are - but then that would generate whingeing too.

speedking 05 February 2009 01:28 PM

Must have moved the now redundant F1 team across to football coverage. Was always happening in F1.

Gear Head 05 February 2009 01:29 PM

I didn'y know F1 races had 'goals'? :D

FlightMan 05 February 2009 01:33 PM

They left on an automated advert system, that should have been switched off as the game went to extra-time, and mucked up the schedule.

Simple mistake, we all make them.

ScoobyDoo555 05 February 2009 01:36 PM

Must have been a regional thing, as my ITV bounced to the commercial break, but came straight back JUST before the goal!!! LOL!!

I guess I was pretty lucky

DAn

stilover 05 February 2009 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 (Post 8483465)
Must have been a regional thing, as my ITV bounced to the commercial break, but came straight back JUST before the goal!!! LOL!!

I guess I was pretty lucky

DAn

If you were watching via Digi-box, then yes the match came back on. Those watching Analogue missed the goal. That's what I've heard anyway.

jaytc2003 05 February 2009 03:37 PM

I didnt miss the goal (unfortunately), advert happened a few mins before but came back on I would say within 30 seconds, that was watching it on freesat on a media pc

Timwinner 05 February 2009 03:47 PM

When it came back for us we saw a load of everton players jumping on top of each other.
I had watched the whole game too, It was such bad timing I had we had to laugh and wonder why the work experience kid was working so late.

Spooky Mulder 05 February 2009 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by AndyC_772 (Post 8483383)
Maybe they held off for as long as possible, but are contractually obliged to show ads at the time they've been paid for?

Hardly ITV's fault IMHO

Nope - it is totally the ITV work experience kid's fault. They never show adverts during live football and they admit it was a mistake.

Timing (maybe 45 secs) could not have been worse!

urban 05 February 2009 04:57 PM

I watched ITV (I should really say UTV - Ulster Television) through SKY and it didn't cut off?

Clarebabes 05 February 2009 05:36 PM

I am on digital and the goal was missed. Couldn't believe it, you couldn't make such incompetence up! :lol1:

Moley 05 February 2009 06:40 PM

Fortunately is was only 2 small teams playing, so no real damage done. ;):D

phil_wrx 05 February 2009 06:54 PM

the did a similar thing in the 1999 champions league final

rr_ww 05 February 2009 08:29 PM

So they can avoid showing adverts for 45 mins at a time for football. but seemingly couldn't go more than 10-15 mins on F1.

This isnt a dig at the F1 show, I thought it was OK. Just the people who make the rules for this sort of thing!

p.s. Watched on setanta. No probs there :)