ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   England V West Indies thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/743838-england-v-west-indies-thread.html)

Milamber 05 February 2009 11:31 AM

England V West Indies thread

I was busy yesterday so missed most of it, KP doesn't seem to have let the recent troubles get to him too badly.

Pete 05 February 2009 11:34 AM

I watched alot of it, dodgy pitch, will get worse for sure, i think 350 will be a good total tbh.

KP was awesome AGAIN, you can,t knock him for how he got out, that,s what makes him the batsman he his imo.

If we can get to 350ish i think we have the better bowlers and it,ll make an interesting game.

Good contribution by Freddie so far too even if abit slow, but he,s still there at the wicket that,s the important thing..

DaveBeck 05 February 2009 01:22 PM

looking forward to today. KP was good. Cant believe people are questioning his methods. He is an attacking batsman and they seem to want to change his style

Funkii Munkii 05 February 2009 09:51 PM

I dont understand why Strauss took so long to bring Monty on this morning.

need wickets and soon....

KP's knock was a good un, no need to change his style, need to look at 1,2 and especially 3 !!

Yes Chris I am begining to lean in your direction with regards to Mr Bell ......

Milamber 06 February 2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8485376)
Yes Chris I am begining to lean in your direction with regards to Mr Bell ......

:thumb:

Trust me, he'll play a blinder in the 3rd test (1st innings only) and then people will think he's god's gift again. :brickwall

Pete 06 February 2009 07:12 PM

Well, it,s going to be a close game imo, if we can get rid of Chanderpaul now we,ll be into the tail so to speak...

DaveBeck 07 February 2009 06:35 PM

26-7...........its like a rugby score

Bravo2zero_sps 07 February 2009 08:12 PM

Typical I get Sky fitted and get to sit down and watch the cricket and that happens. Absolutely useless.

The Dogs B******s 07 February 2009 08:21 PM

Sack them all,their all sh*t

LUCKO 07 February 2009 08:58 PM

51 all out. wtf

truly woeful

Pete 07 February 2009 09:36 PM

FOOKING SHOCKING THEY ARE.......:brickwall :brickwall

Milamber 07 February 2009 10:33 PM

I'm speechless.

Funkii Munkii 07 February 2009 11:20 PM

Likewise

I got up to watch the last 2 hours of play to find it wasn't on !!, couldn't believe what I saw on the net.

And now i'm off to watch Aus vs NZ at the SCG with a load of aussies, jesus christ i'm going to get some stick, at least they've lost so many one days recently I'll have a tiny bit of ammo to fire back :(

Milamber 13 February 2009 01:46 PM

2nd TEST

Milamber 13 February 2009 01:51 PM

Well the fun starts again today at 2pm.

Looks the bell has finally tolled for Ian Bell and he has been dropped :luxhello:

There we were talking about the how comfortable we were in the first test "because WI ALWAYS collapse......... how wrong we were :eek:

I'm still positive about this series and actually believe we are going to win the Ashes this time, lets hope the boys get their heads in gear, find their form and show the world what we are capable of.......

Milamber 13 February 2009 01:59 PM

Love this quote from the BBC website...

"Surely no more chances for Bell in this series, he delivers about as often as Halley's Comet. "

Bravo2zero_sps 13 February 2009 02:36 PM

What an appalling pitch. The run up is like running on the beach :o

Funkii Munkii 13 February 2009 02:47 PM

It looks like this wont go any further right now.

What is it with the West Indies and dangerous pitches, you would have thought they'd have learned their lessons by now.

Pile on the draw lol !!

Funkii Munkii 13 February 2009 02:48 PM

Shame I was looking forward to Owais Shah batting.

Lets see what info Nasser can get

Funkii Munkii 13 February 2009 02:51 PM

Abandoned play for the day, match ref suggests they make at playing at another venue !!

They new the pitch was this bad, major FAIL by the ICC abd the WI Cricket board, all the brits that have paid good money to get out there, got to feel for them, what a joke..

Bravo2zero_sps 13 February 2009 02:56 PM

Absolute shambles :mad: I've been looking forward to this since the 1st test as I got Sky just as that game ended. Now the 2nd test is up the swanny. That's nothing though to those poor folk that have spent all that money to go out there and watch, they must be fuming.

Milamber 13 February 2009 03:13 PM

no way they'll be playing tomorrow :cry:

Milamber 13 February 2009 03:14 PM

on another note..... I've been watching "Underbelly" mate, have you had a chance to catch it over there?

Funkii Munkii 13 February 2009 03:21 PM

I have the 1st series on DVD and still to watch it, 2nd series, the prequal started this week, so watching that 1st lol, it's banned from air and sale in Victoria !

Milamber 13 February 2009 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8507052)
I have the 1st series on DVD and still to watch it, 2nd series, the prequal started this week, so watching that 1st lol, it's banned from air and sale in Victoria !

Its a bit full on :eek:

Love this bit from the BBC again..

"Bonus for Cook's average - he must be stoked with 1 not out."

Bravo2zero_sps 13 February 2009 03:43 PM

AFPMSL at the guy with a shovel who has been told to dig it all up into a wheel barrow :lol1: Unbelievable :cuckoo:

How about get a digger in and get it up properly not one poor groundsman with a shovel. West Indians crack me up with their total lack of urgency or seriousness of anything.

stevem2k 13 February 2009 07:18 PM

3rd test starts Sunday at the ARC...

Bravo2zero_sps 14 February 2009 09:41 AM

Hope it lasts more than 10 balls! Will have to play Brian Lara's cricket on the 360 today to make up for the lack of test match.

Milamber 14 February 2009 09:11 PM

apparently they've been playing football at the ARC recently so the wicket may be a bit unpredictable :eek:

bets for the quickest test match anyone? all over within a day :wonder:

The windies aren't doing themselves any favours are they.

Funkii Munkii 14 February 2009 10:00 PM

Strauss is saying it'll be a result wicket at the ARG, like you say Chris this could be over before Tea days lol, seriously though 3 days could be a real possibility.

They reckon it will be full of pace and bounce, maybe another abandoned test on the cards, too dangerous, like that test a few years back !!

B20 - Whats BL like on the 360 ?? I had it on the PS2 and left in the UK with one of my mates, still waiting for a Cricket game on the PS3 :( Come on codemasters get a move on, Unsuprisingly enough it's known as Ricky Ponting over here. I might just have to go and buy a copy of that to satisfy my craving :)