ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Cant download RE5 demo. (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/743812-cant-download-re5-demo.html)

ScooByer Trade 05 February 2009 09:50 AM

Cant download RE5 demo.

Anyone else had trouble downloading this from the PS store. Been trying since it was in the store.I usually have to wait then an error message shows up.

spectrum48k 05 February 2009 11:41 AM

I tried downloading on xbox live and then came to the realisation I'm a 2nd class citizen on there - with my poor man's silver membership status (sniff)

myblackwrx 05 February 2009 11:45 AM

I downloaded it on silver membership on the xbox last week tbh you're not missing much.
Can't help with the PS3 problem sorry

scoobyverysoon 05 February 2009 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by ScooByer Trade (Post 8482685)
Anyone else had trouble downloading this from the PS store. Been trying since it was in the store.I usually have to wait then an error message shows up.

oooo didnt know it was on there I heard killzone 2 is also on there - will DL them both tonight me thinks :luxhello:

Iain Young 05 February 2009 12:11 PM

You're not missing much to be honest. I got fed up before the end of the demo. Pretty graphics, but no gameplay innovation, and frustrating controls...

bob269 05 February 2009 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Iain Young (Post 8483102)
You're not missing much to be honest. I got fed up before the end of the demo. Pretty graphics, but no gameplay innovation, and frustrating controls...

Totally agree, the controls are horrendous.

Speccy if you want a 48hr gold pm me.

myblackwrx 05 February 2009 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Iain Young (Post 8483102)

Am i right in believing that you can't move and shoot
(haven't played a Biohazard game since Code Veronica) and couldn't find any options to state otherwise.

StickyMicky 05 February 2009 03:25 PM

That is true, i keep going back to the demo to try and see if it is me at fault, but every time i just can not get used to the controls properly.

seams to be a bit of a lull in good quality "worth spending RRP on" titles at the moment IMO

Iain Young 05 February 2009 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by myblackwrx (Post 8483734)
Am i right in believing that you can't move and shoot
(haven't played a Biohazard game since Code Veronica) and couldn't find any options to state otherwise.

That's correct. Moving and shooting at the same time is not allowed.

p.s. Is the Killzone 2 demo up yet? Can't see anything on the store...

myblackwrx 05 February 2009 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Iain Young (Post 8483889)
That's correct. Moving and shooting at the same time is not allowed.

p.s. Is the Killzone 2 demo up yet? Can't see anything on the store...

WTF think Capcom need to be pointed in the direction of Dead Space:)

Iain Young 05 February 2009 04:05 PM

They might not be around much longer...

News: Capcom reports net income fall of* ‬95% - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

myblackwrx 05 February 2009 04:32 PM

Must admit i don't want them to go bankrupt i've enjoyed many a Capcom game just that this Residnt Evil seems all show no go.

bob269 05 February 2009 05:29 PM

The problem i was having was you can't shoot without first pressing left trigger to aim, which is pointless for close combat, and simply pressing right trigger without aiming turns you around 180 which is the last thing you want when you're trying to shoot somebody infront.

Iain Young 05 February 2009 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon (Post 8482994)
oooo didnt know it was on there I heard killzone 2 is also on there - will DL them both tonight me thinks :luxhello:

Killzone 2 isn't worth it. Just been playing the demo. Looks like a standard fps, with fairly standard graphics (in which I saw several nasty glitches). Nothing revolutionary about it at all. I know it's only a demo, but I was looking forward to this one. Hope the final game is better...

scoobyverysoon 06 February 2009 09:23 AM

Downloaded them both and went to install resi evil but it just sat there saying installing for 5-10 mins so I cancelled it and went to bed - very weird

My next games will be silent hill 5 and the new final fantasy:)

Geezer 06 February 2009 11:54 AM

RE5 very disappointing indeed, I have to say.

Geezer

shawn r 06 February 2009 02:43 PM

so is killzone 2 demo on the ps store?

Iain Young 06 February 2009 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by shawn r (Post 8487125)
so is killzone 2 demo on the ps store?

Erm, post #14 just above :)

Downloaded it last night. Not impressed at all. Looks mildly entertaining, but is not great graphically, and no different to the plethora of other fps games out there :(

spectrum48k 06 February 2009 03:26 PM

Shinkji Mikami didn't work on this Resident Evil. Thought he did a belting job with RE4

scoobyverysoon 07 February 2009 10:47 AM

Well played them both last night and resi 5 wasnt too bad graphics were spot on - controlls a bit weird but once I got the hang of them I was flying

I still prefer resi evil on the Wii (quality game even with naff graphics)

Kill zone was also ok didnt notice any bugs only thing is the movement is a bit slow - might be able to speed it up dont know