ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   Time attack / jap style bodykits (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/743367-time-attack-jap-style-bodykits.html)

ABW 21 June 2009 09:49 PM

thanks everyone for the input I've started a thread in projects if anyone's interested
https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...ml#post8778728

ABW 27 November 2009 08:20 PM

just dug this thread out as I'm looking for inspiration again , any more pics please ;)

Rice Rocket 27 November 2009 09:28 PM

those side sills ;0)

ABW 27 November 2009 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rice Rocket (Post 9070767)
those side sills ;0)

:thumb:

Rice Rocket 27 November 2009 10:27 PM

i don't mind being your donor car ;0)

Ricey

zero260 30 November 2009 01:58 PM

I think you have just about covered everything when it comes to impreza's, maybe its time to look at other marques matey.:thumb:

wrx9181 01 December 2009 07:58 PM

Do you do anything like this or could youhttp://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w.../8-1ftside.jpg
To allow me and others to fit fat wheels but still quite suttle

ABW 01 December 2009 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by wrx9181 (Post 9077482)
Do you do anything like this or could youhttp://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w.../8-1ftside.jpg
To allow me and others to fit fat wheels but still quite suttle

could do , any more pics , looks like there's some vents in the back of those wings

Bockett 01 December 2009 08:41 PM

For me that's a one off and should be kept that way.

Not copied with some mainstream mass produced knock off

gc8-r 01 December 2009 08:53 PM

ooooohhhh touchy.................
:) :) :)

Bockett 01 December 2009 08:55 PM

Lol not at all Chris.

I'm all for new things but it pisses me off when someone has gone to the effort to create something unique and someone can't be arsed to put in the spanner time and wants to buy one just like it.

We've all seen Blue Peter so crack open the Paper Mache

V4JDMSTi 01 December 2009 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bockett (Post 9077600)
For me that's a one off and should be kept that way.

Not copied with some mainstream mass produced knock off

Says the man with the set up just like all the yanky newage drivers :p ;)

It's not really a true one off at all to be fair. It's got a wide arch kit that ABW have been producing for a while to a top standard :notworthy. Given that it looks like it's been blended in (done on Tiny's car by ABW) and had some vents put in it (done by ABW on Dynamix's TA car). The bumper is standard with a splitter and hatch sti style lip that would be gernerally available in the US. Side skirts look like chargespeed or copies. Wing mirrors are the same as on the Zen car, wheels are available from m44gy and the healight mod has been done by EMB.

Don't get me wrong it's gorgeous and the above I've mentioned has all been done on seperate cars with the owner of this one bringing it all together. Just don't think it's a true one off.

Personally I'd like to see something like that on a black wagon ;)

Budgie 01 December 2009 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 9077729)
Says the man with the set up just like all the yanky newage drivers :p ;)

It's not really a true one off at all to be fair. It's got a wide arch kit that ABW have been producing for a while to a top standard :notworthy. Given that it looks like it's been blended in (done on Tiny's car by ABW) and had some vents put in it (done by ABW on Dynamix's TA car). The bumper is standard with a splitter and hatch sti style lip that would be gernerally available in the US. Side skirts look like chargespeed or copies. Wing mirrors are the same as on the Zen car, wheels are available from m44gy and the healight mod has been done by EMB.

Don't get me wrong it's gorgeous and the above I've mentioned has all been done on seperate cars with the owner of this one bringing it all together. Just don't think it's a true one off.

Personally I'd like to see something like that on a black wagon ;)

big up for msoc m444gy from the esc massive:thumb:
get your rims and tyres from ruislip tyre services:notworthy
as for the look a likey thing
mimicery is the best form of flattery
and we all do it;)

Bockett 01 December 2009 10:19 PM

An ABW fan i see. I'm not having a pop at them. They are a business so if they can fill a demand on here then why not.

I am purely saying that has been put togther using various parts (not necessarily the parts you mention) to a high standard and looks unique.

Why can't people have the creativity to throw that together instead of asking for the whole package.

And what does my wheel setup have to do with it. I think running the same wheels as others is a lot different than going out to copy a whole kit?

V4JDMSTi 01 December 2009 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bockett (Post 9077840)
An ABW fan i see. I'm not having a pop at them. They are a business so if they can fill a demand on here then why not.

I am purely saying that has been put togther using various parts (not necessarily the parts you mention) to a high standard and looks unique.

Why can't people have the creativity to throw that together instead of asking for the whole package.

And what does my wheel setup have to do with it. I think running the same wheels as others is a lot different than going out to copy a whole kit?

Funk me lighten up fella. I did put the smiles after the wheel setup so you knew it was tongue in cheek but obviously not! :Whatever_

gc8-r 01 December 2009 10:40 PM

must say i'm with you ben...
you got to put in the time to make the car look good...
was going for the t/attack look but think that will be over done by next season..
so a new look is what i'm after...A ONE OFF look
or a mish mash of bits
and the streched and full on wide rim style looks ace..
wish i'd have brought a newage...... :(

zero260 01 December 2009 11:08 PM

One off! I dont think so,lol. Its the APR Wide body kit for the impreza, one of the first wide bodykits available for the Blob and they have sold countless number of kits since its release back in 2004.lol

APR Performance - Subaru Impreza WRX (2004-2005) SS/GT Widebody Aerodynamic Kit

ABW produce one off's not APR!:thumb:

wrx9181 01 December 2009 11:18 PM

Like said before its not a one off and if you want something making up to a spec or look with out showing the guy whos making up what you want a picture or drawing how does the guy no what you want ? let me guess ... they read my mind!!!

Bockett 01 December 2009 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 9077867)
Funk me lighten up fella. I did put the smiles after the wheel setup so you knew it was tongue in cheek but obviously not! :Whatever_

I misssed that my bad.

There's so much **** on here these days you never know who's having a pop or not.

zero260 02 December 2009 07:57 AM

Dont get me wrong the kit looks great and the colour of the car is amazing but if you are going to do something they why dont you just change a few things to make it your own. A kit like that with a Voltex style front bumper should do it.:thumb:

Neil.. 02 December 2009 08:41 AM

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w.../8-1ftside.jpg

That is one of THE best set ups around...:thumb:

Have a look over on NASIOC to see the full build and spec.

Absolutely blows anything out of the water in the UK.

V4JDMSTi 02 December 2009 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bockett (Post 9077961)
I misssed that my bad.

There's so much **** on here these days you never know who's having a pop or not.

Quite agree mate. It seems to have gone downhill lately. Still can only move upwards.

I'm a fan of the aggressive look. It might be featuring on my classic soon.

Bockett 02 December 2009 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 9078254)
Quite agree mate. It seems to have gone downhill lately. Still can only move upwards.

I'm a fan of the aggressive look. It might be featuring on my classic soon.

Phew

I might still make the Southend meet then.

If i'm down feel free to have a look

V4JDMSTi 02 December 2009 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bockett (Post 9078832)
Phew

I might still make the Southend meet then.

If i'm down feel free to have a look

Might see you at the PH meet on the 13th ;)

Budgie 02 December 2009 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 9078856)

Might see you at the PH meet on the 13th ;)

i will see you there matt
looking slightly aggressive:D

V4JDMSTi 02 December 2009 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Budgie (Post 9078870)
i will see you there matt
looking slightly aggressive:D

It's the baldness that does it :p :luvlove:

wrighty338 03 December 2009 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by E_M_B (Post 9078133)
[IMG]http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/wrx9181/8-1ftside.jpg[IMG]

That is one of THE best set ups around...:thumb:

Have a look over on NASIOC to see the full build and spec.

Absolutely blows anything out of the water in the UK.

Link?

trails 05 December 2009 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Budgie (Post 9077832)
mimicery is the best form of flattery and we all do it;)

Spot on Matt, it's a bit of a slap in the face the first time you see someone that's stolen your idea but I guess it's the ultimate compliment :thumb:

wrx9181 05 December 2009 03:47 PM

the cars in the USA so if no one tells him im sure he will never know ;-)