ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   whos started cleaning yet ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/742545-whos-started-cleaning-yet.html)

M444GY 30 January 2009 05:49 PM

whos started cleaning yet ??

i started earlier and gave up after 10 mins due to a skip lorry depositing brick dust all over the car after i washed it :(

will try again tomorrow minus the lorry :wall:

shall i remove the stickers or not is the other question . opinions please:)

will decide over i pint of some crazy polish beer :D

mags

Jam Performance 30 January 2009 06:10 PM

Sunday morning for me, whites get dirty fast :)

M444GY 30 January 2009 06:14 PM

havent done mine in a month , its fooking grim lol ,

wanna get me gold rims back on! as it makes the car a whole lot better

Guv 30 January 2009 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by M444GY (Post 8468376)

shall i remove the stickers or not is the other question . opinions please:)

yes:eek:

woodbutch 30 January 2009 06:30 PM

Gold rims and stickers:thumb:
sunday morning clean for me too;)

rickya 30 January 2009 06:33 PM

Saturday morning then wrap it up in the garage till Sunday :D :lol:

JonMc 30 January 2009 06:49 PM

Saturday after the MOT :freak3: , get the small No. plate back on and my carbon 'B' pillars, then cover the car over night.

Can't do it Sunday, have a half marathon to run:)

Not looking forward to cleaning the white wheels though, although I had them off just after Christmas and gave them a good clean and about three new coats of poorboys:rolleyes:

Budgie 30 January 2009 07:08 PM

clean what:confused:

BRI4N 30 January 2009 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Budgie (Post 8468608)

I presumed it was Maggs having his yearly bath.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YMRtT6CGxm...Tin%2BBath.jpg
:lol1:

rikky 31 January 2009 12:02 AM

stickers of gold wheels on,the pic that you had in the summer were nice of your motor. i was going to wash mine tonight but it is freezing. not sure what to do saturday's temp is only going to rise to about 5c with minus figures over night and then sunday top wack 6c then its suppose to be heavy snow monday, which could be a good idea for a night meet if the snow settles in open car park or something.:thumb:

wiley 31 January 2009 12:22 AM

gonna clean mine sunday morning before the meet, if my hands dont freeze that is

wiley

rikky 31 January 2009 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Budgie (Post 8468608)

wheres your beast:wonder:

Juice 31 January 2009 02:39 AM

killer....did you order more cleaning products then....? im thinking foam lance??

Going 4 400bhp 31 January 2009 11:55 AM

Gonna go see my foreign mates:norty:

£5 wash down anyone???:lol1:

:top:

JonMc 31 January 2009 12:36 PM

Got the MOT sorted at last, failed for dodgy lights, number plate and McRae Sticker on the windcsreen, so simple retest and now I can put the didgy lights and number plates back on.:D

Off to start cleaning and then to buy a HT Autos Splitter:thumb:

rickya 31 January 2009 02:55 PM

Just spent two hours washing & some Megs clay bar.....now off to the gym! :freak3:

Tmrw morning go to work from 7.30 am to 10am & then come home a apply only Paint Sealent & buff (no polish-jeffs werkstat etc as its not really worth it in this weather, even clay bar was only to take rubber marks off from Brands hatch). Then do black plastic trim; glass; exhaust & mount in car camera. (have'nt got time for interior :( )

ps Maggy I hate these gold wheels :( :cry: Open your shop up mate

JonMc 31 January 2009 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 8470258)
Just spent two hours washing & some Megs clay bar.....now off to the gym! :freak3:

Tmrw morning go to work from 7.30 am to 10am & then come home a apply only Paint Sealent & buff (no polish-jeffs werkstat etc as its not really worth it in this weather, even clay bar was only to take rubber marks off from Brands hatch). Then do black plastic trim; glass; exhaust & mount in car camera. (have'nt got time for interior :( )

ps Maggy I hate these gold wheels :( :cry: Open your shop up mate

For too keen, quick hoover inside, wash and dry car, wash and poorboys the wheels, little splash of tyre gel and covered ready for tomorrow...:D

Oh!! and discovered that one of my bumper vents has been clipped by some @rse in a car park.:mad: Looks like they've a little too early and nudged it, but enough to need to be resprayed.

The car really does need a respray, loads of annoying little blemishes and stone chips all over it:(

Anger 31 January 2009 05:31 PM

All cleaned and ready :thumb:

M444GY 31 January 2009 06:24 PM

mines gonna be alst min attempt lol , was busy as fook today and didnt get round to it .

stickers still on aswell ( did intend to remove em but as i said . work was mad:(

P-1prodrive 31 January 2009 07:56 PM

cleaned mine after work today.had a lil play with an m3 on way home,great fun,but guess ill be cleaning her again tomorow now!.

rikky 31 January 2009 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Juicep1 (Post 8469561)
killer....did you order more cleaning products then....? im thinking foam lance??

got my foam lance the other day from polish bliss wicked stuff have a look at the car care thread, nice guys:thumb:

Shiver 31 January 2009 11:24 PM

Wow you boys are keen! Mine "might" make it to a drive through on the way to the duck pond but that's about it! It's too minging in February to spend 4hrs cleaning to see all your hard work undone in 10mins driving!!

M444GY 31 January 2009 11:27 PM

ruislip car wash on the way t the ducky for me ithink lol gonna do a fll on massacre in the next few weeks to get the silver saucage back on track:D

Shiver 01 February 2009 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by M444GY (Post 8471521)
ruislip car wash on the way t the ducky for me ithink lol gonna do a fll on massacre in the next few weeks to get the silver saucage back on track:D

MSOC joint Spring clean for the cars?

(Very careful wording so as not to tempt the ESC!) :lol:

M444GY 01 February 2009 11:35 AM

:lol:

cars clean :top:

but its fooking freezing out there . so wrap up warm peeps

Jam Performance 02 February 2009 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Juicep1 (Post 8469561)

No but I had a customer of mine from work sort my car out for me, with 6 years+ porsche dealer valeting experiance, seems like he done a good job

Juice 02 February 2009 07:33 PM

can you ask if he'd like to do mine then?

Jam Performance 02 February 2009 07:42 PM

Hes away this weekend but im pretty sure he can do it next sunday, but be prepared to stand around for around 4 hours