ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   2005 sti litchfield (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/742131-2005-sti-litchfield.html)

scottydouk 28 January 2009 07:32 PM

2005 sti litchfield

Has anyone got/seen one, a 2005 sti litchfield? going to look to buy one on sunday, is it just the usual things to look for? or suffer from certain problems due to power/spec of car?

all help appreciated.

cheers

Mog 28 January 2009 09:52 PM

A "2005 STi Litchfield" doesn't mean anything as it could be a UK, Euro or JDM car in origin, also a spec c, RA, A-Line etc etc with varying levels of tune.

Mog

scottydouk 29 January 2009 07:34 PM

ok, will have to get more info and go have a look at it. 54 plate, 15k on clock, in blue, tein suspension, big brakes, 2.5 bottom end, full serviece history, light weight pannels, hpi clear, a1 condition,
whats a resonable price people think to pay for it?

MrRA 29 January 2009 08:23 PM

Do you even know what model you are going to buy, because no offence, it doesn't to me.

But it does sound as if you're going to look at a MK1 T25 which has been based on a Spec C.

The best thing you can do is phone Iain Litchfield and give the registration of the car. He'll be able to tell you all that you need to know.

Mog 29 January 2009 08:55 PM

A Mk1 T25 wont have a 2.5 bottom end or Tein suspension (AST standard fit)

Mog

MrRA 29 January 2009 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mog (Post 8466275)

Mog

Correct me if I'm wrong Clive but didn't Iain buy a load of 2.5 blocks from the US, fit some forged pistons and then slap a pair of JDM heads on to create the MK1 T25?

Rookstar 29 January 2009 10:39 PM

Brought my scoob from Iain Litchfield, really nice bloke

bluenosewrx 30 January 2009 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by scottydouk (Post 8466015)
ok, will have to get more info and go have a look at it. 54 plate, 15k on clock, in blue, tein suspension, big brakes, 2.5 bottom end, full serviece history, light weight pannels, hpi clear, a1 condition,
whats a resonable price people think to pay for it?

Lol

IIRC T25 had AST's as standard,also would be badged up on the outside and under the bonnet and in the cabin near the ash tray. what do you mean by big brakes???
Spec C's are all lightwieght panels, has it a roof scoop??? no wash wipe??, air con, electric windows?? it all points to different models etc.

If you post a link or put a bit more info up ppl will help you, however without the basics its a minefield mate.

Mac

XRS 30 January 2009 09:31 AM

Not all T25s have external badges - I decided not to have them on mine, and I know others did too. However, they will have the badges on the ashtray and in the engine compartment, giving build number. If it's a T25 it will have the 2.5 bottom end, but as said above, ASTs came as standard, though there were a few issues with the early MY05 cars, and the owner may have changed for the Teins.

Shaun 30 January 2009 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mog (Post 8466275)

Mog

Why was it named the T25 then?! ALL Type25's are 2.5, it's just that the MK1 will not be Cosworth, unless it has been retro-fitted which I know has happened on some MK1's.

As already suggested.... speak to Litchfield Imports, as they will be the only authority able to match the VRM to a "Litchfield" car.

XRS 30 January 2009 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8467181)
Why was it named the T25 then?! ALL Type25's are 2.5, it's just that the MK1 will not be Cosworth, unless it has been retro-fitted which I know has happened on some MK1's.

As already suggested.... speak to Litchfield Imports, as they will be the only authority able to match the VRM to a "Litchfield" car.

Shaun,

I suspect Mog is just having a senior moment, as he knows exactly what a T25 is, having owned a very nice Spec C version himself :D

bluenosewrx 30 January 2009 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by XRS (Post 8467881)
Shaun,

I suspect Mog is just having a senior moment, as he knows exactly what a T25 is, having owned a very nice Spec C version himself :D

I thought the same thing but did not say anything as i know Mog had one and thought that i had missed something in the early models,lol.

Mac

wrx287 30 January 2009 04:28 PM

Easiest way to check it out is to give Ian a ring up at Litchfields. He should be able to tell you whats what:thumb:

Mog 30 January 2009 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by XRS (Post 8467881)
Shaun,

Thankyou.....I was having a very senior and blonde moment fuelled by a bit of Adnam's !!!!!!!

Mog

Shaun 31 January 2009 04:08 PM

:D