ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Richard Branson gets a complaint.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/741839-richard-branson-gets-a-complaint.html)

StickyMicky 27 January 2009 05:51 PM

Richard Branson gets a complaint....

:lol1:

Editor's Corner - Yahoo! News UK

awesome :D

Steve vRS 27 January 2009 06:01 PM

Coffee on key board moment :-

I'll try and explain how this felt. Imagine being a twelve year old boy Richard. Now imagine it's Christmas morning and you're sat their with your final present to open. It's a big one, and you know what it is. It's that Goodmans stereo you picked out the catalogue and wrote to Santa about.

Only you open the present and it's not in there. It's your hamster Richard. It's your hamster in the box and it's not breathing.
Steve

bugeyeandy 27 January 2009 06:10 PM

I'd send him back a box of the CSI cookies as compensation :D

SwissTony 27 January 2009 06:10 PM

funny, very funny and so well written

Mustard :lol1:

HankScorpio 27 January 2009 06:41 PM

"The potato masher had obviously broken and so it was decided the next best thing would be to pass the potatoes through the digestive tract of a bird."

Genius :D

+Doc+ 27 January 2009 07:03 PM

Class, I wonder what compensation he got for all the free advertising.

rr_ww 27 January 2009 07:19 PM

Seemingly none. Sounds like he got fobbed off with the "our food is world class" line.

filfy 27 January 2009 07:41 PM

pure class.now give that man an up grade:thumb:

renny 27 January 2009 09:23 PM

Maybe i'm over-reacting here but that is the first time in ages that i've actually cried with laughter - cheers :thumb:

Abdabz 27 January 2009 09:40 PM

Well the writer got a personal call from Mr Branson so it had some impact... Good effort...

New_scooby_04 28 January 2009 01:43 PM

Bless him. Richard does take customer satisfaction very seriously.

I have a lot of time for him: enormously successful, but still seems to have retained a sense of decency and fair play, likes a laugh, happily takes he piss out of himself, and hasn't let fame and fortune adversely affect his personality.

Ns04

SwissTony 28 January 2009 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8462459)

I have a lot of time for him: enormously successful, but still seems to have retained a sense of decency and fair play, likes a laugh, happily takes he piss out of himself, and hasn't let fame and fortune adversely affect his personality.

Ns04

Just like you, though he has yet to reach the lofty heights of being a moderator on a car forum :D

sarasquares 28 January 2009 01:53 PM

that was a funny read :thumb:

New_scooby_04 28 January 2009 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8462470)
Just like you, though he has yet to reach the lofty heights of being a moderator on a car forum :D

He can dream, Swiss, he can dream! ;) :D

rr_ww 28 January 2009 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8462459)

Ns04

Do you think the staff of Zavvi would agree when he sold them off couple years back?

I don't dislike the guy, but I can't believe he's holier than holy. He must drive a hard bargain and he probably can be a real wanker if you cross him. But that's what makes him successful. And fair play to him. At least unlike BA he's happy to put a Union Flag on his planes. :luxhello:

New_scooby_04 28 January 2009 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by rr_ww (Post 8462654)
Do you think the staff of Zavvi would agree when he sold them off couple years back?

Don't see why they wouldn't - It's not like he had run the company into the ground. People buy and sell businesses all the time; I don't recall anyone crying foul! IIRC he sold it so he could concentrate on Virgin Airlines.

Zavi failed as they weren't competitive price wise and it probably didn't help that they got quite a bit of their stock from Woolworths! :D

Midlife...... 28 January 2009 04:33 PM

And he does give good visuals of girls in red dresses on the new Virgin Atlantic advert :D

Not quite Robert Plant "Addicted to Love" but close...........just needs to be a bit longer LOL

Shaun