ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Red Dwarf Returning to Earth (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/741752-red-dwarf-returning-to-earth.html)

ScoobyDriverWannabe 27 January 2009 10:54 AM

Red Dwarf Returning to Earth

Red Dwarf returns to Earth on Dave! - Red Dwarf lands on Dave Library on Dave

Red Dwarf is returning to Earth for a brand new two-part series exclusive to Dave. Exciting eh? Yep, for 8 series Dave Lister wanted to return to his home planet and now, at last, he will. Reuniting Chris Barrie as Rimmer, Craig Charles as Lister, Danny John-Jules as Cat and Robert Llewellyn as Kryten, Red Dwarf: Back to Earth will premier on Dave on Friday 10th April at 9pm.

:luxhello:

austinwrx 27 January 2009 11:00 AM

can't wait- I'm a massive fan.

even used to have "back to reality" on my vw camper number plate (about 15 years ago) in homage to one of the best episodes. come to think of it my van was dark metalic red/burgandy- like red dwarf.

Ah the things we do when young :thumb:

Markus 27 January 2009 11:59 AM

Smeggin' Hell! :D

It will be nice to see the Boys Of The Dwarf back together on the screen again. It has been far, far too long. I have to admit that I was not overly keen on season 8.

J4CKO 27 January 2009 12:13 PM

Needs to be shot in the original style, not "filmised" like the later series were, and keep the Kochanski woman out of it, the one that replaced Clare Grogan.

They were going to make a film but I think a couple of episodes that finalise it would be good, I hate to think of them stuck in deep spare year after year, alone in a godless universe and out of Shake n Vac, I hope, however they dont completely ruin it. Cool that they all want to do it, maybe the credit crunch is bringing some benefits.

It brought it home to me how long ago it was first shown, I remember watching this at my parents, some time before I moved out, probably what about 1988,89 ?

The Zohan 27 January 2009 12:21 PM

Smoke me a Kipper...

Splendid:)

And to keep any fans amused in the mean time
BBC - Red Dwarf - Quotes

Tom87 27 January 2009 12:30 PM

This is great news. I'm a huge fan of the Boys Of The Dwarf!

"Step up to Red Alert!"
"Are you absolutely sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb."

Daft Lad 27 January 2009 12:34 PM

Looking forward to that, I hope its as good as the early series, must admit I remember being a bit disappointed by series 8 when it was on!

Simon C 27 January 2009 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 8459381)
Needs to be shot in the original style, not "filmised" like the later series were, and keep the Kochanski woman out of it, the one that replaced Clare Grogan.

They were going to make a film but I think a couple of episodes that finalise it would be good, I hate to think of them stuck in deep spare year after year, alone in a godless universe and out of Shake n Vac, I hope, however they dont completely ruin it. Cool that they all want to do it, maybe the credit crunch is bringing some benefits.

It brought it home to me how long ago it was first shown, I remember watching this at my parents, some time before I moved out, probably what about 1988,89 ?

Hell no!!!!!! Chloe was a vast improvemment on Claire.

EddScott 27 January 2009 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 8459381)

I agree on both points. Wasn't she only brought in because at the time Chris Barrie was too committed to the lara Croft attrocities to film RD?

She didn't really work for me. Hot as yes but just not right.

speedking 27 January 2009 12:48 PM

Huge fan. Quick reminder. 'Backwards' was the best episode among many superb ones.

The Zohan 27 January 2009 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by speedking (Post 8459474)
Huge fan. Quick reminder. 'Backwards' was the best episode among many superb ones.

<anorak on>The look on the cat's face when he goes for a dump - priceless!<anorack off>

gpssti4 27 January 2009 01:05 PM

Best news I've heard all day. :D

Kieran_Burns 27 January 2009 01:12 PM

I can clearly remember going to work the day after "Camille" was shown and half the geeks in the department (well, okay ALL of us!) were going "Smeeeeeeeggggggg Heeeeeeaaaaddddd!"

and not to mention one of my favourite (and still quoted) lines of all time:

"You've reached that age, Listy. When you're younger you can eat what you like, drink what you like and still climb into your 26 inch waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age -- 24, 25 -- your muscles give up they wave a little white flag and then without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat barstard"

However - my utter, utter favourite episode had to be with Mr Flibble from Quarantine.

God, I loved that show :D

austinwrx 27 January 2009 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 8459549)

and not to mention one of my favourite (and still quoted) lines of all time:

"You've reached that age, Listy. When you're younger you can eat what you like, drink what you like and still climb into your 26 inch waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age -- 24, 25 -- your muscles give up they wave a little white flag and then without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat barstard"

H

God, I loved that show :D

and that became the starting link to a carter the unstoppable sex machine song.

Kieran_Burns 27 January 2009 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by austinwrx (Post 8459557)
and that became the starting link to a carter the unstoppable sex machine song.

Another awesome product of the 80's :thumb:

Steve vRS 27 January 2009 01:42 PM

Surfin' USM no less!!

Intro to 30 Something.

Steve

PS Can I first to say Dwayne Dibbley :D:D:D:D:D

Scoobystippp 27 January 2009 01:54 PM

Wicked! Hope they bring back Doug Naylor to help write it as last 2 series were poor. But ill still watch it even if they got the Hamilton's to write it.

Markus 27 January 2009 01:55 PM

I've got an overbite that can open beer bottles!

Wot no Gazpacho Soup! :D

Jamz3k 27 January 2009 01:56 PM

Used to love watching this programme with my dad many many years ago. Couldnt get into the new series oddly as i no longer found the jokes etc funny, but still can't wait to see the final, it was a great show in its time:)

Markus 27 January 2009 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobystippp (Post 8459646)
Wicked! Hope they bring back Doug Naylor to help write it as last 2 series were poor. But ill still watch it even if they got the Hamilton's to write it.

Doug Naylor is back to write the new shows, but alas Rob Grant isn't coming back, so it won't be a Grant Naylor production, but hey ho, at least it's one of the team doing the writing.

It seems there is also going to be an "unplugged" show as well, where the team will re-create, or attempt to, some of the classic scenes, without props and such like. It could be rather interesting.

NXG 27 January 2009 02:10 PM

Fan-smegging-tastic :thumb:

Nimbus 27 January 2009 04:11 PM

From "Legion" some of my fave quotes..

CAT: How do you land the damn stuff?
KRYTEN: Simply invert the ionic phase in the down pulse of the
field margin.
CAT: I was with you all the way up to "simply".

and..

RIMMER: Now this three-dimensional sculpture in particular is quite exquisite. Its simplicity, it's bold, stark lines... pray, what do you call it?
LEGION: The light switch.
RIMMER: The light switch.
LEGION: Yes.
RIMMER: I couldn't buy it, then?
LEGION: Not really. I need it to turn the lights on and off.

Stroke me a Clipper :)

EddScott 27 January 2009 04:29 PM

Queeg is my favorite

"Horsey to king bish 3"

"We are talking jape of the decade......"

GC8 27 January 2009 05:12 PM

Danny John-Jules will be playing who: Duane Dibbley?

GC8 27 January 2009 05:13 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ine_dibley.png

J4CKO 27 January 2009 07:05 PM

http://www.bbcprograms.com/pbs/catal...s/0104redd.jpg

Or,

http://beautifulstrange.net/tsaresst...hloeannett.jpg

Both nice enough but Clare Grogan (large forehead notwithstanding in that photo) for me, looks good fun, the other one looks a bit sulky.

Steve vRS 27 January 2009 07:12 PM

Yup, always had a bit of a thing for Claire Grogan.

Steve

filfy 27 January 2009 07:29 PM

This is great news:thumb:

rr_ww 27 January 2009 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe (Post 8459195)
Red Dwarf returns to Earth on Dave! - Red Dwarf lands on Dave Library on Dave

Red Dwarf is returning to Earth for a brand new two-part series exclusive to Dave. Exciting eh? Yep, for 8 series Dave Lister wanted to return to his home planet and now, at last, he will. Reuniting Chris Barrie as Rimmer, Craig Charles as Lister, Danny John-Jules as Cat and Robert Llewellyn as Kryten, Red Dwarf: Back to Earth will premier on Dave on Friday 10th April at 9pm.

:luxhello:

Used to watch it as a Kid. Had it's moments. But I think the fact all 4 of them are returning tells you their careers haven't exactly blossomed since then. :lol1:

Simon C 27 January 2009 08:27 PM

Clare as she is now for all you with things for her

https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/_DSC8150.jpg