ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   Anyone to refurbish a wheel, not NU LUK as charge £65+vat a wheel??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/741489-anyone-to-refurbish-a-wheel-not-nu-luk-as-charge-65-vat-a-wheel.html)

scoobboy 26 January 2009 11:04 AM

Anyone to refurbish a wheel, not NU LUK as charge £65+vat a wheel???

any ideas guys for a decent job

Postman Pat 27 January 2009 01:34 AM

I'm afraid you might have a job finding anyone who does a decent job. NU LUK were the best I've seen. They did my Beamer wheels 2 years ago. Looked brilliant at the time but just after 12mths started to flake. I'm in the process of buying a sand blaster and paint gun to do up mine as I couldn't find anywhere and don't fancy shelving out £300+ every couple of years.

Pat

urban 29 January 2009 03:30 PM

Well I'll tell you something.
Nu Luk are doing all 4 of my MY05 STI wheels, and if they've problems in a year they'll be doing them again FOC and properly.

Shaun

Postman Pat 29 January 2009 03:51 PM

Well good luck to you. Their guarantee is only for 12 mths!

Pat

ustolemyname??stevieturbo 31 January 2009 12:26 AM

Ive seen plenty of wheels done by NuLuk....always been an excellent job, and still do well over a year...or two

Their finish is as good as most factory wheels. If looked after, no reason at all you wont get very good life from them.

bigsinky 31 January 2009 08:12 AM

2 sets of subaru wheels and 1 set of lexus wheels done by nuluk and not a problem since. well worth the money.

urban 02 February 2009 12:11 PM

Good to hear guys.

Thanks,
Shaun

Postman Pat 03 February 2009 12:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just in case you didn't believe me;

Attachment 50619

I'm not saying all their work will turn out like this but my wheels did which for me is 100% failure rate and I certainly won't be using them again.

Pat

Boro 03 February 2009 12:34 AM

The Polished Wheel Company - Alloy Wheel Refurbishment in Cornwall

Postman Pat 03 February 2009 09:53 AM

Cornwalls not exactly just around the corner!

Pat

scoobboy 03 February 2009 12:53 PM

hmmmm bit far away mate lol

ferrett 10 February 2009 07:57 PM

try sq design sainfield have done about six sets of rims for me if ther not to bad roughly 150quid for all four , wil be hard to match one rim tho

miketurbo2000 19 February 2009 10:40 PM

lester engineering in lisburn! probably the best for wheel refurbs and not hard to pay either!

philhasasti 20 February 2009 12:50 AM

try sq design mate, chris will sort you out!

petedotuk 24 February 2009 02:43 PM

I wouldnt use lester eng, yes they are cheaper than nu-luk but thats because its a cheap job. They repaired a set of OZ volcanos for me. Couldnt polish the dish like they are meant to be and didnt clean the back of the wheels before spraying so I ended up with dirt that was stuck on with paint!!!!

Nu-luk have also fixed wheels for me and £65 is a good price for nu-luk's quality work.

ustolemyname??stevieturbo 01 March 2009 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Postman Pat (Post 8477967)
Just in case you didn't believe me;

I'm not saying all their work will turn out like this but my wheels did which for me is 100% failure rate and I certainly won't be using them again.

Pat

Did you contact them about the problem ?

A friends have recently went strange.....but NuLuk are going to fix them right away.

Apparently when they made the change to water based paints, as forced onto them by Euro legislation, it created all sorts of problems. They are standing over their work, and repairing where necessary.

Cant say bad about that service....

Postman Pat 02 March 2009 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by ustolemyname??stevieturbo (Post 8546170)
Did you contact them about the problem ?

A friends have recently went strange.....but NuLuk are going to fix them right away.

Apparently when they made the change to water based paints, as forced onto them by Euro legislation, it created all sorts of problems. They are standing over their work, and repairing where necessary.

Cant say bad about that service....

Have to admit I haven't as my receipt only said there was a 6 month guarantee on the paint. First blemish started at about twelve months and that was this time last year. Tyres are up for renewal soon and as I have a second set of alloys I just might see what they say. They did look brilliant when first done but I was gutted when they started to flake. I probably should have knocked on their door by now but didn't think it would be of any use and I'm never in Carrick either.

bigandymac 06 March 2009 07:34 PM

nu-luk are a decent bunch and work is usually quality.
Chase Andy Niblock and tell him your woes.....
Another recent contender is the rim doctor who is mobile and his work is also of a high quality.

mad macca mccann 17 March 2009 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by scoobboy (Post 8456209)

any luck with the refurb if not there is a guy in lisburn called dave you can ring him on 07901721886 he will do hi quality job for handy money
when you ring tell him mack gave ya the number over scoobynet :thumb:

RB5 Boyo 24 March 2009 12:48 PM

Cant fault Nu-Luk at all, they have done various sets of wheels for me and all were absolutely flawless!!

They recently done my RB5 wheels for me, great job, took them home and washed the car....the paint washed off the wheels in my yard, right down to the primer. Rang Jason at Nu-Luk that day, he sent a van to my house (65 miles away) to lift them the next morning, and arranged to drop them back two days later :notworthy

It must have been a bad batch of paint or as StevieTurbo says, maybe a problem with the change to water based paints, but my point is we can all make mistakes once in a while, but these people went out of thier way to fix the problem i was having, and i will DEFINATELY use them again :thumb:

That was last April....nearly a year later the wheels are still as good as new and im sure will stay the same for many years to come :)

ulsterscooby 28 March 2009 10:19 AM

what about NU LUK mate they do a great job

OLLIeRB5 31 March 2009 09:45 PM

ah i hadnt seen this thread.

nu luk completely destroyed my OZ P1 rims IMO, they couldnt colour match even though they insisted they could, 4 attempts later they had to paint all 4 wheels.. they werent the factory colour like i requested, and the finish was as strong as window putty.

in the end i sold them to another user.. and i`ll tell you, he got a bargain because I was so ****ed off with the rims having to get refinished for no reason.. they were brand new bar 1 that was damaged fitting a tyre.

now in their defence, jason is a top bloke who was more than helpful and very very patient, some members of his staff have an attitude problem regarding customer complaints on work carried out. a previous set of rims they did for me cming up to 4 years ago are still kicking about and are still mint...

lister sorted a wheel for my mum that she originaly paid nu luk to fix (air leak), yet when the air leak returned nu luk shrugged their shoulders.

ive 3 sets of rims to get refurded and i`ll be using the alloy wheel repair company in dundonald... i dont care if the finish isnt as perfect as nu luk. i just refuse to go back, more so because of one employee who was a cheeky ******* regardin my wheels, claiming "it would help if they were all the same colour to start with"... well they were until nu luk took 2 of them for "reference"... then 2 were the wrong colour and of those 2, they were both different shades... so i had 4 wheels... 3 colours.... NICE

ustolemyname??stevieturbo 31 March 2009 09:51 PM

I havent seen anything Lester have done recently.

I know their work from years ago was crap though.

OLLIeRB5 31 March 2009 10:00 PM

my mums was done id say 3 years ago, they were antera 143 rims. good finish, they fixed the leak and when she duffed it again about 3 weeks later they fixed it FOC..

they musta fancied her or something

did amg rims for my dad like 12 years back, they were top notch, but that was long before other companies started popping up everywhere

urban 01 April 2009 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by ustolemyname??stevieturbo (Post 8613789)
I havent seen anything Lester have done recently.

I know their work from years ago was crap though.

Yes indeed.
Ex father inlaw got a set of supra wheels refurbed by them.
I picked them up and there were scuffs marks still visible.
That was about 7/8 years ago.

However, having said that a friend got a set of golf gti wheels refurbed by them about 3 years ago and he was very happy.

We'll I'll be using Nu-Luk shortly with a set of standard MY05 STI wheels and shall post my 2p's worth.

Shaun

daddyscoob 18 April 2009 08:40 AM

has anynoe heard of a company over here called A27 ?? not sure where they are but was told their work is good :wonder:

Big Red T 19 April 2009 05:59 PM

lester engineering done my m5 rim twice back in 2004 ,top job both times and they had to alloy weld them into the bargain,(sideways along a kerb is sore on the wheels lol)

urban 09 May 2009 11:11 AM

Well, got mine done earlier in the week with Nu Luk - and I'm happy with the finish.

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/v...y/DSC00001.jpg

They were badly corroded, especially where good old Subaru had hammered on the wheel balance weights.

No more alloy wheel cleaner for me.

EDIT:
Actually, they look darker and better than the impression of colour that picture gives.

Rocker53zero 23 July 2015 10:28 PM

refurb alloy wheels

Originally Posted by scoobboy (Post 8456209)

Mallusk blast cleaning services can do a great wheel refurb. They used to be in Carrick, in the old Courtalds estate and were called Spraycraft ltd. They did my Audi TT wheels for £100.00 for the set of 4 and I have no complaints after nearly 2 years. you can contact them at 028 9083 3628

ustolemyname??stevieturbo 24 July 2015 12:05 AM

6 year old thread bump...gotta love it.

Presumably at that price it is only a front face re-furb ? Even at that, not expensive at all