ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I've become Victor Meldrew... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/740397-ive-become-victor-meldrew.html)

Jerome 22 January 2009 07:08 AM

I've become Victor Meldrew...

Last night, several lads where racing around a multistorey car park opposite the back of my flat. :mad:

Two Novas and a Peugeot 106. At least one of them had a hole drilled in his exhaust (I very much doubt any self-respecting exhaust modding company would supply one than sounded so crap).

I could put up with the drone of the blown exhaust for most of the evening, but when I couldn't get to sleep because of the noise, I called the police.

12.20am this morning seemed a bit much to still be racing around a car park.

Within minutes of getting off the phone, a police car arrived and had a word. I've been critical of the police in the past, but hats off to Herts Police last night! :D

Apparently, these drivers can get their car seized and crushed if they don't heed warnings - a guy in Hemel got his car crushed for racing around in a multistorey there a few nights ago.

The people at work already joke that I'm a Victor Meldrew in training, now I've proved them right.

jasey 22 January 2009 07:57 AM

I don't believe it.

Someone had to - And it seems I'm the only person here at the moment :)

gpssti4 22 January 2009 08:00 AM

Yawn, sleep well? :)

Scoobychick 22 January 2009 08:15 AM

Welcome to the world of the middle aged :king:

webby v7 slipperwagon 22 January 2009 09:47 AM

Yep it gets us all

vindaloo 22 January 2009 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jerome (Post 8444865)
Last night, several lads where racing around a multistorey car park opposite the back of my flat. :mad:

Two Novas and a Peugeot 106. At least one of them had a hole drilled in his exhaust (I very much doubt any self-respecting exhaust modding company would supply one than sounded so crap).

I could put up with the drone of the blown exhaust for most of the evening, but when I couldn't get to sleep because of the noise, I called the police.

12.20am this morning seemed a bit much to still be racing around a car park.

Within minutes of getting off the phone, a police car arrived and had a word. I've been critical of the police in the past, but hats off to Herts Police last night! :D

Apparently, these drivers can get their car seized and crushed if they don't heed warnings - a guy in Hemel got his car crushed for racing around in a multistorey there a few nights ago.

The people at work already joke that I'm a Victor Meldrew in training, now I've proved them right.

Section 59 notice.... Get more than one and bad things can happen.

Tidgy 22 January 2009 12:43 PM

i don't object to thats sort of thing, but, and its a big but, where its suitable and doesn't bother anyone.

so in this case then good man.

theres a time and a place