ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   where to get the best cheap insuracne deal (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/738779-where-to-get-the-best-cheap-insuracne-deal.html)

1997scooby 15 January 2009 05:58 PM

where to get the best cheap insuracne deal

:confused: hi got 97 555 wrx replica been tune up a bit 240 bhp im 29 years old with 5 years no claims but my insurance is due very soon plz does any 1 know where to get the best deal i was paying 750 but need to get it down i blame the credit crunch lol
many thanks
del

wrx_jas 15 January 2009 07:01 PM

I’ve used A-plan for 6 years, my old car was a modded JDM and they always seemed competitive. Cheap is good but knowing how they react when you claim is also important. I only ever made one claim with them, it was the other driver’s fault so easy but they seemed very professional and dealt with it quickly.

There on 0845 071 1234

Jas.

timmy2take 15 January 2009 07:13 PM

moneysupermaket.com

admiral.com have always come in cheapest for me for about 5 years now.

winker 15 January 2009 07:29 PM

depending on your age i got my insurance through the post office on GO COMPARE. sti import.

scoobyste1987 15 January 2009 07:30 PM

two words......gary moulson.

Mark'sWRX 16 January 2009 08:09 AM

I use A Plan. They've been easily cheapest for me. None of the quotes on the searches (like Confused etc) come close (and that's before I declare mods!).

Gary Moulson at Keith Michaels is also supposed to be good, but you need to speak to him as every time I ask for a quote by e-mail, it comes back "quote declined" even though I am oldish, have no points and 20+ years no claims.

jsh1 16 January 2009 10:49 AM

I use A-Plan as well, they were by far the cheapest and always accommodating with any modifications.

I tried Keith Michaels, but they were way too expensive for me.

Over the years, it seems that it almost always comes down to either A-Plan or Keith Michaels, and i have never heard a bad word said about either

Jason

ColiNThESTI 16 January 2009 11:51 AM

Elephant by far cheapest for Me and the Mrs the regular raved about insurers wouldn't touch her on the STI as she is 22 well with out quoting silly money just goes to show you need to shop around :) i believe admiral and elephant are the same btw websites identical just blue for admiral and yellow for elephant.

sammydice 16 January 2009 04:24 PM

I got a good quote from greenlight...

Ian

PMD 16 January 2009 04:53 PM

I was a similar age to you when I bought my '00 classic on a similar bhp with 5yrs no claims and got £420 p/y from Direct Line. It went up to £900 after I moved to London but previous rate was pretty reasonable.

Companies like Direct Line don't feature on some comparison sites so sometimes worth checking direct...

Quick Chick 16 January 2009 05:09 PM

We have just spent ages looking at insurance for ours and we looked at all the above and our best quote and deal was through warwick davis. They worked really hard to find the best deal possible and it really was a great deal. They are very helpful. They also specailise in japanese imports as well.

escott 16 January 2009 09:38 PM

If it's in any way modified, you need to tell the insurance company, these 3 would probably be best:

Gary Moulson at Keith Michaels (you must speak to Gary).
Greenlight
A-Plan

If standard, then Elephant and Privilege are worth trying, as are direct line and the comparison sites.

crammy 16 January 2009 10:17 PM

my mate suggested admiral as he pays 460 on a 54 plate sti with ppp. i tried them on my 51 plate 2002 sti prodrive and they quoted me 1434. I also phoned a few out of total impreza magazine as they said they would beat any quote and they all said uninsurable as i have no scooby experiance.
i got a quote from kwik fit on the phoneand it came in at 950 so i used confused.com and beleive it or not kwik fit came in at 594. work that out.