ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Anyone know this Type R (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/738581-anyone-know-this-type-r.html)

RB555 14 January 2009 08:55 PM

Anyone know this Type R

Anyone know this Type-R or have any opinions on it?

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX sti TYPE R on eBay, also, Subaru, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Jan-09 10:10:38 GMT)
Cheers :thumb:

JK99 14 January 2009 09:01 PM

Seen it going about Aberdeen but never heard anything bad about it - you inevitably do up here as it's just like a small village as evryone knows everything and fast!

Those pics are from the Westhill area on the outskirts of Aberdeen.

Not much help but there you go.

JK

Connor_scotland 14 January 2009 09:05 PM

Hmmm im 995 sure this was the one i was following in Aberdeen 2 weeks ago. As it made me decide to ditch my poopy spoiler

Minter

RB555 14 January 2009 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by JK99 (Post 8425041)
Seen it going about Aberdeen but never heard anything bad about it - you inevitably do up here as it's just like a small village as evryone knows everything and fast!

Those pics are from the Westhill area on the outskirts of Aberdeen.

Not much help but there you go.

JK

Cheers, any info's good. Does it look ok, for what you've seen of it? Price seems good?

taffyboyo 14 January 2009 09:15 PM

seems a lot of money for a version 4, dont compare it with other w reg cars, try to compare the price with other v4 type r's,

looks a nice one mind :)

jameswrx 14 January 2009 09:18 PM

It's a bit strange this one...

At first I thought it was a version 6 (being a 2000 on a W plate) with a version 3/4 front end BUT..

It's actually a version 4 STI Type R with a replica V6 rear spoiler and received a W reg plate somehow. Everything points to it being V4.. grill, bumper, engine, seats etc

So if you look at it like that it's actually quite dear.

(edited to add.. beaten to it)

RB555 14 January 2009 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by jameswrx (Post 8425107)
It's a bit strange this one...

At first I thought it was a version 6 (being a 2000 on a W plate) with a version 3/4 front end BUT..

It's actually a version 4 STI Type R with a replica V6 rear spoiler and received a W reg plate somehow. Everything points to it being V4.. grill, bumper, engine, seats etc

So if you look at it like that it's actually quite dear.

(edited to add.. beaten to it)

I thought it was a version 6. How can a 2000 W be a V4? Also it's was imported from new. What does a V6 interior look like? Think I better skulk away back to the MLR. :D

jameswrx 14 January 2009 09:34 PM

dvla do mess things up, it's deffinately a version 4.

The V6 seats have red on the edges of the seat base.

The V5/V6 cars have an offset (to the nearside) coil pack, std dump valve bolted to the intercooler, seats as above, rear spoiler would have clear lense on the light, 2 slat front bumper, lower part of grill extends further onto bumper, crystal lights, small bumper lip (v6)

jameswrx 14 January 2009 09:39 PM

here's a V5, note the coil pack location, dump valve, seats, front bumper, grill, rear soiler light (also v6 has a little kick to the rear spoiler over v5)

1998S Subaru Impreza WRX STI TURBO 2 DR Coupe TYPE R on eBay, also, Subaru, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 23-Jan-09 17:30:57 GMT)

RB555 14 January 2009 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by jameswrx (Post 8425169)
dvla do mess things up, it's deffinately a version 4.

The V6 seats have red on the edges of the seat base.

The V5/V6 cars have an offset (to the nearside) coil pack, std dump valve bolted to the intercooler, seats as above, rear spoiler would have clear lense on the light, 2 slat front bumper, lower part of grill extends further onto bumper, crystal lights, small bumper lip (v6)

Nice one. Cheers. Think I'll give it a miss. :thumb:

RON 14 January 2009 09:48 PM

Just because it was imported from new, does not mean it happened straight away, cars can be stored for many yrs and then registered new at the time of first registration..... and lets be honest, if you had a v4 but on a w plate, wouldn't you be tempted to add a few newer bits.......

Just a thought....... somethings might look a tad iffy sometimes, but it's not always as clear cut as that....

However, having said that, a new front end being fitted 'could' have been for a reason..... so if you go to view it, make sure to check panel fit etc......

ditchmyster 14 January 2009 10:11 PM

Mine is a v3 and the front end is identical to this one there were some crossover vehicles especially on type r and saloon sti, just because it doesn't conform doesn't make it dodgy that looks a nice straight car, and very nice in white..

timmy2take 14 January 2009 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 8425328)
just because it doesn't conform doesn't make it dodgy that looks a nice straight car

But surely no-ones going to put a v3 bumper on a supposedly (I think a w reg would be about) a v5?

Cullenmin 15 January 2009 01:20 AM

I know this car. It is or at least last year it was a minter when my best mate owned it.

It is a version 4 but because of the registration it received a W plate somehow.

My mate bought it from a guy in fort william. Then he traded it in sometime last year for a lot less than the price advertised here. It got a service at AWD when my mate had it also.

If I was lookin for a type R (and didnt own one just now) then I'd be after this one (at a lower price).

Rich