ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   It's official, women crash more often! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/73852-its-official-women-crash-more-often.html)

Mouser 20 February 2002 06:57 PM

Insurance broker People's Choice have confirmed that women have
more accidents than men proportionally and that the average cost of
their claims are higher according to a newspaper report today.The
People's Choice conclusion is based on a recent analysis of 10,000
claims and goes against the normally held belief that women had
fewer accidents.
Does this mean that men can now expect a better deal from insurance
companies or am I being silly?
Mouser.

Katana 20 February 2002 07:21 PM

And this is new news because....what?

FreeT 20 February 2002 08:45 PM

Great wait till i tell me missus, oh this is gonna be good.

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/cheers.gif

Scoob99 20 February 2002 08:57 PM

Go on then brave boys........your tell em :D :D :D
Colin

Trout... 20 February 2002 09:41 PM

I'm looking forward to the response when PeteUK300 tells JoanUK300 (without the UK300 bit) ;)

Trout :D

MichelleWRX1994 21 February 2002 12:31 AM

When did statistics ever reflect personal circumstances.

For example:

We all have a chance of having a child with Down's Syndrome.

I have a sister with Downs Syndrome, therefore my chances increase something like tenfold.

I asked a doctor then, exactly what my real chances were as an individual of having a child with Downs and the answer was, I don't know that is just national statistics.

They mean JACK SH1T

Keep it real :rolleyes:

Dan B 21 February 2002 02:27 AM

86.2% of statisctics are made up on the spot.... :D

However, does this mean that Girl Only insurance companies may be on a downer? Are there any Men only Insurance companies?

[Edited by Dan B - 2/21/2002 2:28:24 AM]

MichelleWRX1994 21 February 2002 02:52 AM

I do however think that it is discriminatory to have female only insurnace groups.

I do believe in equality, so bring it on, about time we had real equality not this pathetic PC stuff :rolleyes:

I am well over the average statistical female as I have had three accidents in the 6 years I have been driving.

I am paying well over 2000 pounds a year for insurance too, so women don't get a better deal ;) :D

Stop whinging and do what I did, I phoned up 55 insurance companies for quotes ranging from 15,000 pounds down to my quote now. THere are bargains to be found, if you can't be ar5ed to find them, then tough.

Cheers,

Michelle :D

Disco 21 February 2002 08:21 AM

I am well over the average statistical female as I have had three accidents in the 6 years I have been driving.
Good old Chelle, a one woman quest to get those stats up:D:D:D

MichelleWRX1994 21 February 2002 08:24 AM

Damn right I have never been an average statistic and never will :D

Always the exception to the rule and proud of it :D

Only one of those accidents I was 100% to blame and that was the scoob accident, the other two, outside factors were involved [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

DavidRB 21 February 2002 12:18 PM

I believe the discrepancy is to do with actual numbers of accidents (where men are higher) versus accidents per mile driven (where women are higher).

rik1471 21 February 2002 01:01 PM

imo

WOMEN ARE WORSE DRIVERS THAN MEN

ScoobyLoobyLou 21 February 2002 01:09 PM

I have been driving for about 12 years and have never (touch wood) had an accident. I would say that I was a very safe driver and that I have also passed my HGV class 1 which I think is a major achievment considering I am only 5 foot 1". Heres to many more years with no mishaps!!

L

Mouser 21 February 2002 03:59 PM

Michelle,
I certainly shop around for insurance quotes and I wasn't having a
go at women drivers.My wife is an excellent driver and often
complains about women drivers herself.The point I was trying to
make was how unfair the system is that discriminates against men
and this could be taken further to include young drivers or people
who stay in "high risk" areas.
Mouser.

MichelleWRX1994 21 February 2002 10:07 PM

Mouser,

Hope you didn't take offence at that, I was pretty drunk at the time of posting :D My apologies if you did :)

Cheers,

Michelle.

Mouser 22 February 2002 03:08 PM

Michelle,
No offence taken.
Regards,
Mouser.

scoobylover 22 February 2002 05:18 PM

i've been driving for 12 years and touch wood never had an accident yet. As for women drivers having more accidents probably caused by the ones that are busy looking at their hair and makeup when driving:)

Chelsie-Bun 22 February 2002 09:53 PM

I too have been driving for over 17 years and had a driving job for 16 of them years and i have never had a bump or caused damaged to mine or any other car in all that time.

I have only cause my no clames to go up a little due to a window smashed to take my radio and that was 10 years ago.
so i think i'm quite good.

chel xxx

mook 23 February 2002 04:30 PM

Scoobylover > and it can also be said that a number of male accidents are caused by blokes oggling the ladies and not concentrating, so one way or another, the hair matters *lol*

Trouble with this kind of thing is there tends not to be consideration of accidents that aren't reported or are fixed outside of insurance. Many little knocks and bangs occur in this brakcet, and supposedly it tends to be generally more ladies that have these kinds of accidents. It also tend to be the case that the majority of serious high speed accidents are blokes, and those accidents have higher claim values and so must be dealt with through insurance, hense the theory that blokes are worse drivers.

Anyway, I'm lost now, forgot what I was going to say :rolleyes:

sasman 24 February 2002 03:56 PM

Outside factors, LIPSTICK, EYELINER ? :) :)