ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Facebook Friends..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/738201-facebook-friends.html)

WRX_Dazza 13 January 2009 01:53 PM

Facebook Friends.....

Why do people you never got on with at school suddenly want to be friends again?

Got this guy who was the biggest [to55er/bully/gippo] on the planet (you know the sort) now wanting me to add him as a friend. In the 5 years i knew him he never once had any such requests, in fact we even had a few "set-to's" in the past as well, and were separated from a few school activities!!!

Now he wants to be my long lost buddy. :wonder:

Is his life so sad and miserable that he now wants to include me in this. Sorry mate, if we were the last 2 people on the planet i would still tell you to **** off !!! .... Grrrrrrrr (he's still getting to me now, 22 years later!!!)

:mad:

phew... that feels better :thumb:

skoobidude 13 January 2009 01:55 PM

I can't remember the terminology but you can set FB so people you don't want cannot see you if they search for you.
Sorted. He'll never bother you again.

MrRA 13 January 2009 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 8420675)
Why do people you never got on with at school suddenly want to be friends again?

Got this guy who was the biggest [to55er/bully/gippo] on the planet (you know the sort) now wanting me to add him as a friend. In the 5 years i knew him he never once had any such requests, in fact we even had a few "set-to's" in the past as well, and were separated from a few school activities!!!

Now he wants to be my long lost buddy. :wonder:

Is his life so sad and miserable that he now wants to include me in this. Sorry mate, if we were the last 2 people on the planet i would still tell you to **** off !!! .... Grrrrrrrr (he's still getting to me now, 22 years later!!!)

:mad:

Why not send him a message telling him that? Surely that will make you feel a lot better than telling us?

pimmo2000 13 January 2009 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by skoobidude (Post 8420680)
I can't remember the terminology but you can set FB so people you don't want cannot see you if they search for you.
Sorted. He'll never bother you again.

Its in the privacy settings .. you can turn off being search able .. lol

MrRA 13 January 2009 02:02 PM

Or you can add the person to your blocked list so they will not be able to see you anywhere on Facebook.

Snazy 13 January 2009 02:03 PM

I have added some old school "mates", some just for nostalgia, but most I got on well with and still speak to.
Its people that just go through their friends friends lists and start adding people that get on my tits. MySpace was made for strangers who want to have the biggest friends lists lol

Im really liking FB at the mo, not to be taken seriously of course lol

WRX_Dazza 13 January 2009 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by MrRA (Post 8420688)
Why not send him a message telling him that? Surely that will make you feel a lot better than telling us?

because hes a big lump and only lives round the corner lol ;)

yeah, gonna block him, but i'm sure he'll appear again somewhere in my life :lol1:

just seeing his name, took me right back !!! :lol1:

New_scooby_04 13 January 2009 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 8420675)

Got this guy who was the biggest [to55er/bully/gippo] on the planet (you know the sort) now wanting me to add him as a friend.

Vent away Dazza, I was wondering exactly the same thing the other day when I got a request from someone who was a complete arse to me throughout the whole of secondary school!

It's not like I hold a grudge, we were kids back then. It's just that there is no reason to add him as a "Friend".

That's the key thing though, isn't it- definition of friends varies according to whether you're talking on-line or real life! People often adopt a much looser definition of the term when referring to people on-line.

Not for me though, if I add someone as a friend it's cause they are a friend, or at least the kind of person who I think I'd like to go to the pub with!

I'm not into fake friend accumulation! :D

Ns04

lozgti 13 January 2009 02:25 PM

Maybe he genuinely liked you! They were just 'friendly' dead legs he was giving you.

Maybe he really,really liked you;)

davegtt 13 January 2009 02:25 PM

Aww so youre not going to add me Dazza? :(

Seriously though, Im often getting facebook friends requests and Im sat thinking who the eck is that, have to search through their friends to realie oh yeah, I vaguely remember going to school with them, dont think I ever spoke to them though so dont bother.

SwissTony 13 January 2009 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8420729)
I'm not into fake friend accumulation! :D

Ns04

I beg to differ :Suspiciou

New_scooby_04 13 January 2009 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8420771)
I beg to differ :Suspiciou

There is the exception that rule, Swiss! ;) :D

Where have you been recently you old git! :D

Ns04

SwissTony 13 January 2009 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8420787)
There is the exception that rule, Swiss! ;) :D

Where have you been recently you old git! :D

Ns04

Oh you know , here and there ;)
I did see your joke post the other day :D

I think this year I might take a back seat from being a complete loon on here and may in fact style myself more on the likes of PeteBrant and Co and become slightly more reserved, grumpy and less tolerant..what do you think ?

:D

ronjeramy 13 January 2009 02:45 PM

Just leave them in the wilderness of friend request, that way they can't bother you, :D at last count I have 12 people sat waiting :lol1:

New_scooby_04 13 January 2009 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8420798)
and become slightly more reserved, grumpy and less tolerant..what do you think ?

http://www.ratemyeverything.net/imag..._and_GTFO.ashx

;) :D

You're fine as you are....now my crap joke telling and smut peddling has to take a back seat to responsible moderation (your plan has worked!) why take a back seat now the floor is yours! ;) :D

SwissTony 13 January 2009 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8420808)
http://www.ratemyeverything.net/imag..._and_GTFO.ashx

You're fine as you are....now my crap joke telling and smut peddling has to take a back seat to responsible moderation (your plan has worked!) why take a back seat now the floor is yours! ;) :D

Oh I dont know. You see I saw the view you have from your lofty job and thought to myself

" bugger that " :eek: :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/09...th/trapdy1.jpg

ronjeramy 13 January 2009 03:18 PM

Are they your toes peeping through Swiss? :D

New_scooby_04 13 January 2009 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8420851)
Oh I dont know. You see I saw the view you have from your lofty job and thought to myself

" bugger that " :eek: :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/09...th/trapdy1.jpg

That's an alarmingly accurate picture of what it is to be a mod! ;) :D

SwissTony 13 January 2009 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8420891)
That's an alarmingly accurate picture of what it is to be a mod! ;) :D

Well if stu asks you next time, say you have swapped to a more kinder and gentle shower gel :thumb:

New_scooby_04 13 January 2009 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8420914)
Well if stu asks you next time, say you have swapped to a more kinder and gentle shower gel :thumb:

Are you kidding, he'll just use it as Lube! That'll smart........even more!!!

SwissTony 13 January 2009 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8420920)
Are you kidding, he'll just use it as Lube! That'll smart........even more!!!

even if it has yojobha or yingy ylangy stuff with couscous :wonder:

New_scooby_04 13 January 2009 03:48 PM

Yep..... and don't even get me started on Alloe Vera.....somewhat ironic name too! ;) :D

TopBanana 13 January 2009 03:53 PM

I'm 'friends' with a few people I never had much time for, and it's quite depressing to read some of the crap they post up about themselves. I can see why I didn't stay in touch.

WRX_Dazza 13 January 2009 04:33 PM

Also, a lot of old "friends" just request as a friend not a "Hey, hows it going, long time no see..." type message or 'owt!!!

thing i'll be culling the friend list soon !!! and yes its true, i've seen people with like 300+ friends and think, yeah, right...!! :)

davegtt 13 January 2009 04:36 PM

Hey, Im on near 400 now :lol1:

SwissTony 13 January 2009 04:38 PM

I had a cull a while back, it was rather enjoyable :D

New_scooby_04 13 January 2009 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8421099)
I had a cull a while back, it was rather enjoyable :D

OMG You shot them in the head with a bolt gun!! :eek:

You're only supposed to delete them from your friend list!!!! :D

Stephb1986 13 January 2009 05:32 PM

yeah I got this too the biggest slut in the school who decided she was brave enough to have a fight with me tried to add me to facebook it was like FOOK OFF!!!

Steph xx

New_scooby_04 13 January 2009 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stephb1986 (Post 8421261)
yeah I got this too the biggest slut in the school who decided she was brave enough to have a fight with me tried to add me to facebook it was like FOOK OFF!!!

Steph xx

Send her this way Steph; an opportunity is an opportunity. :norty:

Don't worry though, I'll give her a slap and say it's from you afterwards! ;) :D

SwissTony 13 January 2009 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8421280)
Send her this way Steph; an opportunity is an opportunity. :norty:

Don't worry though, I'll give her a slap and say it's from you afterwards! ;) :D

NS' I would take one for my mates' 04 in action

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/09...image002-9.jpg