ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Royals - out of touch or just do not care (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/738135-royals-out-of-touch-or-just-do-not-care.html)

The Zohan 13 January 2009 08:42 AM

Young Royals - out of touch, just do not care???

I have not seen a thread on this although there may well have been a discussion already.

The older Royals aside,

Commentary: Prince Harry's 'paki' comment needs to be put into context - Times Online

Prince Harrys P*k* comments - is it acceptable to use the word, does it matter who says it or what is meant by it?

For all i know our Prince charming might have a nickname along the lines of "Ginger cnut" - although i do doubt it - i wonder if he has a nickname?

Is this about Harrys attitude or the Army's, or are we just to PC and sensitive?

Also

out of touch with reality?
Princess Beatrice's car stolen after she left keys in the lock - Telegraph
Her pride and joy apparently - i wonder if her insurance will cough up if she did leave it with the keys in the ignition...

David Lock 13 January 2009 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 8420042)

"It was probably a P*k*", says Beatrice... :D :D :D

jacrobat 13 January 2009 10:48 AM

Out of touch with whom? I would say that he is well in touch with his peer group (no pun intended) from Eton etc in terms of his language and attitudes.

stilover 13 January 2009 10:51 AM

I have no interest in the Royals. So what they do, or what they say is of no importance.

More important things going on in the world than `Arry` calling someone a `Paki`

+Doc+ 13 January 2009 11:43 AM

I always wondered why Paki was offensive, is it not just an abbreviation of Pakistani?
Amazing what power simple words can have.

dpb 13 January 2009 11:44 AM

does it not come with the job description :confused:

New_scooby_04 13 January 2009 12:01 PM

The Royals are little more than a tourist attraction for the UK these days.

If anything they're not scandalous enough - they used to do interesting things like cut each other heads off, and give their servants syphilis.

Is Prince Harry's outburst really what passes for royal scandal in modern times. Pathetic! ;) :D

Turbohot 13 January 2009 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by +Doc+ (Post 8420380)
I always wondered why Paki was offensive, is it not just an abbreviation of Pakistani?
Amazing what power simple words can have.

Because it has been used as a derogatory term for years against Asians from Pakistan and India. That is why. Some may argue for and against it, but I have only explained why "Paki" word is/was taken as offensive. Its up to the individual how to take it.

Tam the bam 13 January 2009 07:08 PM

I see it's prince Charlies turn to be called a racist by the offended brigade :lol1: He calls an Asian friend Sooty, the guy himself isn't bothered by the name, but as usual the offended brigade are!!

mad555 13 January 2009 07:57 PM

Are the terms Turk,Greek or Pomme offensive??

c-o-l-e 13 January 2009 09:36 PM

On a previous thread regarding the use of the word my post was neg'd for comparing Brit, Scot, Pole etc. to P*k*.
No doubt this post will too LOL
I see it's had as much air time as Israeli troops going into Gaza.
It's actually quite funny how many times News 24 has used the word and played Harry using the word.

The royals are definately out of touch though.

M444GY 13 January 2009 10:03 PM

they havent got a fooking clue imo they are inbred idiots who just plod around doing not a f*cking lot and get into trouble for doing stupid stuff .

1. who leaves their keys in the ignition in london ... an idiot

2. who dresses as a nazi for a fancy dress party after the effect they had on the world in the war ... an idiot

3.who makes racist coments on camera and dont think it will be sold to the papers for loads of cash ... an idiot

and as for prince philips stupid and offensive comments throughout his lifetime at charity events ect just shows they have not clue about life in general becaue all they think about is shooting birds and whos winning the chukka at the polo club !

they are all idiots imo

Bubba po 13 January 2009 10:11 PM

I think it's a slow news week non-story followed by a press-induced feeding frenzy, just like the Ross/Brand fiasco and the dogs-savaging-kids hysteria and the ""We're all going to die of SARS" bollocks" and the "We're all going to die of Bird Flu" bollox. Ad nausaeam. :razz:

The Dogs B******s 13 January 2009 10:14 PM

God Save The Queen:)

M444GY 13 January 2009 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 8422330)
God Save The Queen:)

god shoot the queen !:)