ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   SOLD AN ITEM ON SCOOBYNET AND IT WENT RIGHT :D (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/738083-sold-an-item-on-scoobynet-and-it-went-right-d.html)

T5NYW 12 January 2009 10:00 PM

SOLD AN ITEM ON SCOOBYNET AND IT WENT RIGHT :D

Well, we have had so many Threads where sales have gone bad :o

I thought it was time to post a sale gone good, it's not all doom and gloom :cool:

I was selling a pair of Bugeye Barge board fog lamp covers for a mate. (just before Christmas so post could be bad)

Monday evening
A guy emailed me to buy them and we swopped Mobile No's ;)

Tuesday

A chap from Ireland rang me and we agree a Price and swapped addresses.

He agreed to send a cheque and i agreed to send the Parcel.

Wednesday

I packed and got it sent of Special delivery

Friday

He texted me he'd recieved it :D

Saturday

I recieved the Cheque

Monday

he sent some Picture with them fitted

Friday

my mate said the cheque had cleared :thumb:

Tony

Johnny E 12 January 2009 10:03 PM

:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

Nice lookin car bud:notworthy

j16jrf 12 January 2009 10:07 PM

thats one of the guys off our scoobyireland.com forum.

lovely bug

T5NYW 12 January 2009 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by j16jrf (Post 8419503)
thats one of the guys off our scoobyireland.com forum.

lovely bug

:thumb:

At the end of the day there has to be Trust on both sides of the Deal ;)

Tony

Meallbhan 12 January 2009 10:51 PM

I've done a few deals on Scoobynet now and everything has always been as stated with good quick delivery. :thumb: Its just a shame that there are a few a holes about that mess things up for other people. May they burn in hell!

SwissTony 12 January 2009 10:53 PM

Good point Tony, it is usually the sales that go bad that garner the negative publicity and it is heart warming to see a transaction go through swimmingly :thumb:

Aaron1978 12 January 2009 10:56 PM

i've bought and sold a few things on here with no problems, i sold a set of prodrive springs and the guy said he'll pay by check, no problem he messaged to say he'd posted it. he came across well in his messages and had a fair bit of history/posts on here, all he said was could i post as soon as check cleared as he was hoping to get them on for an event he was attending, i told him i'd trust him and sent them straight away. Check cleared and he got his springs:)

Aaron:thumb:

SwissTony 13 January 2009 06:56 AM

check cheque ;) :D

bigarf 13 January 2009 07:35 AM

i have bought and sold quite a few things on sn now,touch wood all have gone ok.there was one instanse when the post office fecked up and the parcel took ages to be delivered,but i kept intouch with the buyer all the way until it made it to him.

eggy790 13 January 2009 08:50 AM

i agree,.. sold and bought stuff on scoobynet and had no problems! delivery and payment have been quick and trouble free

bluenosewrx 13 January 2009 11:11 AM

well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every one of mine have been ok apart from ther last ongoing one.

Mac

JAMSCOOB 13 January 2009 06:58 PM

i just purchased an item of jasongtr all i can say is top bloke item arrived super quick and is spot on cheers again jasongtr. see its all good on here well 99% of the time

scoobyste1987 13 January 2009 07:02 PM

good times :)

N_Scooby 13 January 2009 07:13 PM

I bought a set of wheels from a user called steviewrx. Collected them in person (6 hour round trip). They were as decribed and it was a pleasant transaction. Gave him my mobile number by pm as it could have been anyold crook he was inviting round to the family home. Trust is very important and most people are on the level. A few do spoil it for others though.

Connor_scotland 13 January 2009 07:23 PM

Took payment for my afterburners on Friday

Posted Saturday morning via special delivery - Sent the guy a PM to tell him

Monday he got them an trial fitted them. He is delighted

Another happy customer

Scoobychick 13 January 2009 07:33 PM

That's a really nice looking bug, can you tell me exactly what the front end mods are please? :D

I want mine to look just like that (apart from the girly pink badge) :thumb:

ash002004 13 January 2009 07:51 PM

You sent an item before you received a cheque?? Normally peeps wait until the cheque has cleared before they send the item

you must be a very trustworthy person :thumb:

Aaron1978 13 January 2009 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by ash002004 (Post 8421722)
You sent an item before you received a cheque?? Normally peeps wait until the cheque has cleared before they send the item

you must be a very trustworthy person :thumb:

the cheque had arrived but i posted the springs when i went to put it in the bank. Tbh i just felt i could trust the guy, i did a few searches of him on here and he came across well. Its no different to giving someone money via paypal/cheque, bank transfer etc and hoping they post the item to you.

Plus you've got a bit of personal info on a cheque, that matched up to his postal address and his name he'd used.

Aaron:thumb:

T5NYW 14 January 2009 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by ash002004 (Post 8421722)

you must be a very trustworthy person

I am :D as i said sales have to work on trust ;)

"will he send a dud cheque "

"Will he bank the cheque and not send the Part"

With delays in Postage or bank clearing the whole Transaction could have taken 3 weeks :rolleyes:

he was happy in 3 days my mate was happy in 10 days

Tony

wiley 14 January 2009 02:14 PM

I've had a few good transactions here off scoobynet, only been done once with a guy with low posts. Feels good when it goes right!

Wiley

Scoobychick 14 January 2009 02:17 PM

I bought a Scoob from a fellow Scoobynetter and despite me paying for it via CHAPS the payment didn't clear into his account (he lives in Oz) but he still let me pick the car up :thumb:

That warmed the cockles of my heart and was a very decent and trusting thing to do :king:

Big thanks once again to Funkii Munkii :)

BTW the payment did actually clear but it took a few days :rolleyes:

SwissTony 14 January 2009 02:31 PM

you are such an honest lady SC

* cough *

:D