ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Best private plate sites? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/738052-best-private-plate-sites.html)

mit 12 January 2009 08:41 PM

Best private plate sites?

Hi, im looking into getting the lady friend a private plate for her car, been on the dvla site, but it's quite limiting on what you can search for.
Anyone know a decent site to look on?

Thanks,Tim

LUCKO 12 January 2009 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by mit (Post 8419211)
been on the dvla site, but it's quite limiting on what you can search for

dvla has over 30 million registration numbers available :confused:

RESSE 12 January 2009 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by mit (Post 8419211)
Hi, im looking into getting the lady friend a private plate for her car, been on the dvla site, but it's quite limiting on what you can search for.
Anyone know a decent site to look on?

Thanks,Tim

Tim

My wife treated me to this for my birthday in December, from DVLA website (£250 all in INCLUDING VAT and TRANSFER FEE):

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ofIMG_1526.jpg

I looked at some of the "independent" private plate sites and they wanted quite alot more £s for the same plate.

jeffers999 12 January 2009 09:03 PM

I agree i bought my last one from the dvla DVLA Personalised Registrations
cost me 250 inc fees

Aaron1978 12 January 2009 10:11 PM

look on the private owned websites for what plate you want then go to dvla website and search for it, if it is on dvla it will be cheaper ( there not always on dvla site as well). The only thing with dvla is they don't do finance.

HTH

Aaron:thumb:

simpsons ! 12 January 2009 10:58 PM

The DVLA website is the best! As someone else said they hold most of the plates that are for sale and are cheaper.

Simpsons

jono300 13 January 2009 12:07 AM

Keep an eye on ebay as well, only paid a tenner for my dateless plate- irish plate but still hides the year !! and the first two letters are my initials as well which is a bonus !! remember the paperwork costs as well thou- sure mine was £80 to transfer ??

renny 13 January 2009 12:38 AM

Apart from the DVLA i think they're all robbing barstewards,i have first hand experience from this!!

The only problem with the DVLA site is i also think it's quite limited in comparison with the other main sites.

chrisdicko 13 January 2009 05:02 AM

DVLA for me as well. Got mine for £400 from them, and it was well over that from other sites.

bigarf 13 January 2009 07:30 AM

i would say dvla too,as said before there are loads of sites to buy from but most of them only get them off dvla anyway.

eggy790 13 January 2009 09:04 AM

dvla again, bought a few on there before

shame they dont have any Scoob or Scooby Plates as ive been after one for ages.

Floodboy 13 January 2009 10:59 AM

Ive looked on DVLA and they seem very expensive.

Ive looked at getting FL02OOD and they want £1250. Surely if there were that many Floods out there that wanted this plate it would have gone by now.

Also

why cant i have an I in my number plate :mad: :razz:

eggy790 13 January 2009 11:00 AM

F1 GON is up for 2k lol maybe for the faster scoobs on here?

eggy790 13 January 2009 11:02 AM

the wrc plates look good but seem to simple .. suppose thats all that can go on the jap imports as they tool old most of them

lol cant find anything suitable for me - since theres no 'i' so cant have my name or initials

also nickname eggy isnt possible :( so i dunno what else lol

mit 13 January 2009 07:47 PM

Thanks for the replies guys!
I found a different dvla run site that gives you a grid of all the plates around your search criteria DVLA & Personalised Number Plates
Really quite good! Im thinking of getting one too now, trouble is, do i get a scoob related one, which is useless on other cars, or a personel one which can be kept for other cars too?:wonder:

chrisdicko 13 January 2009 07:48 PM

I'd get a personal one mit, non car related.