ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Help with fitting mudflaps (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/737872-help-with-fitting-mudflaps.html)

lloydee 12 January 2009 02:26 AM

Help with fitting mudflaps

Is there a step-by-step guide on here for fitting a set of mudflaps to a newage? I recently bought some but have somehow misplaced the instructions for it:wonder:
Would like a picture guide if possible.

Also, I took the mudflaps to my local bodyshop and asked them to fit it, but they said I'd have to book the car in for a day as it may be a long job.
I was told before I bought the mudflaps that they only take about 30mins and that you don't even have to remove the wheels.
But the guy at the bodyshop said I'd have to remove the inner arch liner in order to get the bolts on.

Is he talking b*****ks or what?

Underworld 12 January 2009 02:35 AM

have a look. mite give u an idea
no need for garage if u bought the ones for ur car

HSPN TV - HD Videos on Demand - Powered by HSPN Networks, LLC

lordretsudo 12 January 2009 05:42 AM

It's not that quick a job (I'd say a couple of hours), and I'd definitely take the wheels off, it makes it a whole lot easier. You don't need to remove the arch liners though. If you have a look at the car, you can see the holes for the plastic 'bung' fittings are already there (assuming that the flaps you have have the same fittings as the 'Performance Creations' ones).

The worst part is drilling the holes on either side of the front (the back ones are easy as the metal is very thin). I found that using a hammer drill was the best bet, although it's not very good for your metal drill bit. If you have some, stick a bit of underseal in the holes before you put the screws in...

bigvern 12 January 2009 09:45 AM

Can't you just ask the supplier for another set of instructions...?

Fitting the ones I had from Scoobyworld took a couple of hours, I did take the wheels off and ended up snapping a couple of wheel arch liner retaining clips when trying to get the captive nuts in place.

p060064h 12 January 2009 11:24 AM

They are talking sh1t i know fcuk about cars and it took me 30mins max.
And you do take the wheels of or you wouldn't be able to drill holes.

Make sure you dont hang them to low or they will catch the road, and in this weather they freze and snap in half, trust me i know :cry:

Steve_PPP 12 January 2009 12:06 PM

i'd say about 20-30 mins per flap at a nice leisurely pace and that includes jacking car up/removing wheels.

a days labour in a garage is a complete joke :lol1: i'll have a look in the garage and see if i've still got the fitting instructions for them (i've got the scoobyworld ones on a newage). :)

dreamon 12 January 2009 12:25 PM

hi i fitted prodrive mudflaps to my03 wrx it took me a couple of hours tops and im a mechanical idiot i didnt remove the wheels the fronts were hardest to fit but easy with the steering on full lock garage wanted £150:wonder: