ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   New Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/737814-new-brakes.html)

scoobybuk 11 January 2009 09:00 PM

New Brakes

Im requiring new disks and pads for my 2003 sti. Was lookin at brembos and priced them to be about £700, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on brakes for the car? thanks

corradoboy 11 January 2009 09:01 PM

Learn how to drive in a way that sees you rarely needing them, then the OE items are more than adequate ;)

scoobybuk 11 January 2009 09:11 PM

Am not really a great user of the brakes not long bought the car so knew it would need shortly.

ahar 11 January 2009 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 8416500)
Learn how to drive in a way that sees you rarely needing them, then the OE items are more than adequate ;)

Track = dead OEM pads!

corradoboy 11 January 2009 09:14 PM

On my car, track 3x and road miles with OEM pads. Killed EBC's after one. Ferodo also lasted three + road miles.

cster 11 January 2009 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by scoobybuk (Post 8416494)
Im requiring new disks and pads for my 2003 sti. Was lookin at brembos and priced them to be about £700, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on brakes for the car? thanks

Performance Friction for you my son!
Do a search.
Z compound if you want to do any tracking.:thumb:

scoobybuk 11 January 2009 09:18 PM

Its just for road use will be. so oem are best to go for you think?

STiFreak 11 January 2009 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by scoobybuk (Post 8416494)

K-Sport are a good option for around that price as well. Plenty of info in the group buy section.

Aaron1978 11 January 2009 09:43 PM

is that for front an back or are those dealer prices? i'm selling brand new brembo made grooved discs at the mo! while these won't fit yours you can buy them new for £245 for a pair from scoobyworld and get some decent pads for £100 to £150. the discs that come on your car are not brembo made i don't think:wonder: , just the callipers was my understanding.

HTH

Aaron:thumb:

cster 11 January 2009 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by scoobybuk (Post 8416581)
Its just for road use will be. so oem are best to go for you think?

Nah - PF are heaps better in quality and performance. They look better too, if that floats your boat.
They will allow you to use your brembo calipers and come in at pretty much the price you have mentioned.
The OE pads are alright and the OE discs are pretty sh1t IMO.
If you want to change calipers, then that is another situation altogether.

As Arsene Wenger said - everyone likes to think they have the prettiest wife - so I guess most peoples opinions will be coloured by whatever kit they themselves run.
I guess that includes me:p

dunx 12 January 2009 07:15 PM

PF for the (max.) budget you quote, others are loads cheaper, fine for road use ?

dunx

PF on mine, they are ace !

mshill 12 January 2009 09:12 PM

give alyn a call at AS Performance, he will talk you through the options best for your car and type of use.
great prices and next day delivery guaranteed.:thumb:

irishscoobysti 15 January 2009 02:48 PM

not sure if these guys can help but u can email them and they might be able to help u...

eBay UK Shop - CRN PERFORMANCE: EBC RED STUFF PADS, EBC GREEN STUFF PADS, GROOVED BRAKE DISCS

gud luck

wayne

irishscoobysti 15 January 2009 03:03 PM

not related to the topic but found these guys for cluches and reasonable on prices

eBay UK Shop - JUST CLUTCH EXEDY CLUTCHES: ORGANIC EXEDY CLUTCH, STAGE 1 EXEDY CLUTCH

irishscoobysti 15 January 2009 03:12 PM

and while im ranting anyone for turbos these might be of use or no use..i'll let the experts on here tell me

eBay UK Shop - KINUGAWA TURBO: Turbo Rebuild Kits, Turbo Line Kits, MITSUBISHI