ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   worlds fastest indian (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/737628-worlds-fastest-indian.html)

salsa-king 11 January 2009 09:55 AM

worlds fastest indian

it was on last week on tv, but we watched it last night on DVD.
stars Anthony Hopkins

such a good film, if you've not seen it try and get a copy to watch.

funny with serious bits too and very interesting to know it's a true story and Bert Monroe even today still hold the land speed record with his bike!

my dad kept going on about asking if we've seen it yet, I thought it was a film aimed at oldies... but now I've seen it i'm glad i have as it was worth it.

Leslie 11 January 2009 11:11 AM

We watched it last night too. A really great story, well acted and produced. As you say, its was wonderful to see that he went back 9 times even with his bad heart and still kept breaking records. Some kind of a man I reckon.

Les :)

wrx300scooby 11 January 2009 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 8414602)
it was on last week on tv, but we watched it last night on DVD.
stars Anthony Hopkins

such a good film, if you've not seen it try and get a copy to watch.

funny with serious bits too and very interesting to know it's a true story and Bert Monroe even today still hold the land speed record with his bike!

my dad kept going on about asking if we've seen it yet, I thought it was a film aimed at oldies... but now I've seen it i'm glad i have as it was worth it.

I have heard that it is a great film before. Must get around to watching it:thumb:

unclebuck 11 January 2009 11:23 AM

It is a good film.

Here's a link to the documentary about the guy - Burt Munro - on which the film is based and his incredible home made bikes.

Offerings To the God of Speed

YouTube - Burt Munro Offerings To the God of Speed Part 1

J4CKO 11 January 2009 11:27 AM

Saw it the other day, great film, fantastic story of determination, well worth a watch, especially once you have got over waiting for him to bite someone or eat their Liver.

hoskib 11 January 2009 12:24 PM

cracking story, it's one if those very easy to watch films. you sit down thinking you'll watch 10 minutes and before you know it the end credits are rolling:)

Maxxed_Ross 11 January 2009 12:42 PM

I got it for my dad when it firs came out on DVD, it is a fantastic story

Nat 11 January 2009 12:56 PM

Great film, seen it a couple of times now :thumb:

Deep Singh 11 January 2009 02:59 PM

Phil, do you still sell lighting stuff?

salsa-king 11 January 2009 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Deep Singh (Post 8415177)
Phil, do you still sell lighting stuff?

yep, why?

wayne9t9 11 January 2009 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by hoskib (Post 8414876)
cracking story, it's one if those very easy to watch films. you sit down thinking you'll watch 10 minutes and before you know it the end credits are rolling:)

I did exactly that too. Great character played well by our Ant :)

RobJenks 12 January 2009 03:48 AM

Very good movie AH such a good actor.

Seven Pounds is excellent too.

salsa-king 12 January 2009 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by RobJenks (Post 8417248)
Very good movie AH such a good actor.

Seven Pounds is excellent too.

is that what you piad for the dvd?

Turbo2 12 January 2009 08:49 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed it too when when it was shown on BBC over Xmas. But I couldn't help thinking: why is everyone being so nice to poor old Burt? People were bending over backwards (in the case of one lady: quite literally) to help him. Wherever he went, and whatever problems he encountered, someone always helped him out just out of the goodness of their hearts. Can't see it happening like that these days!

Leslie 12 January 2009 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo2 (Post 8417376)
I thoroughly enjoyed it too when when it was shown on BBC over Xmas. But I couldn't help thinking: why is everyone being so nice to poor old Burt? People were bending over backwards (in the case of one lady: quite literally) to help him. Wherever he went, and whatever problems he encountered, someone always helped him out just out of the goodness of their hearts. Can't see it happening like that these days!

As played, he had the sort of personality that made people want to help him. I bet in the real story there were some who took the opposite line and they did not show it.

You are right of course-not so many helpful people around these days.

Les

jonnyrex 12 January 2009 01:37 PM

Ive just finished watching it..What a great film..am not really into watching film's (boardum sets in)... but that one's a cracker

r32 12 January 2009 02:51 PM

Superb acting, should have got an oscar .......... its a good film even if your not into bikes.