ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   webuyanycar.com (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/737283-webuyanycar-com.html)

stevebt 09 January 2009 06:08 PM

webuyanycar.com

I saw the Ad on tv for this web site stating they will buy any car! I decided to put my details in for a 2003 JDM STI with 27k miles and 1 owner and it came up with £4,575 subject to inspection. PMSFL I don't think I would have any trouble selling the car for that price never mind an inspection. I see all these place are coming out now to take advantage of people who have no choice :rolleyes:

Granby 09 January 2009 06:18 PM

I'll give you 5k then :D :lol1:

brocksta 09 January 2009 06:23 PM

cheeky tw@ts. You could add 4 grand to that and still sell it no probs.

jerryh 09 January 2009 06:27 PM

Cheeky sods came up with £250 for the wifes car last year (worth around £2k!) and £1200 for mine which was sold private for nearly double that! (both Vectras btw)

stevebt 09 January 2009 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Granby (Post 8410573)
I'll give you 5k then :D :lol1:

As long as you are buying whats in my plus profile :D

PaulC72 09 January 2009 06:40 PM

If people cant wait to sell and are desperate due to whatever reason then companies like this will always be around after all they are only like the cash convertor type places. if you don't need the money and can sell it yourself or part ex it then you don't need the place, some people sadly will need it as it will probably be the only way to get food on the table in these times.

johnnybon 09 January 2009 06:48 PM

F******G
RIPOFF
My 9000 alpina i sold in the end for 8250 they ofered me 2500
BUNCH OF W******S
:hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing:hjtwofing :hjtwofing:hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing
TO THEM

Paulo P 09 January 2009 06:49 PM

These people really annoy me and when I was selling my Dad's car he looked into them to get a valuation and it was a joke. I advertised the car on Autotrader and on the day the advert expired they sent me a text with their url :mad: I readvertised the car and sold it for much more than they were offering http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/style...t/whatever.gif

bibicoz 09 January 2009 07:24 PM

£660 for my car are they taking the P*** ?????

mit 09 January 2009 07:28 PM

Theres one of these sites for selling your house too. I was quoted £180k, sold on the market for £235k! There for people in a real fix, sad really taking advantage of the desperate.

johnnybon 09 January 2009 07:29 PM

theses ar***oles

These arseholes are praying on the desparate people and making a fortunethey need to be looked into i think its all wrong:nono:

bibicoz 09 January 2009 07:31 PM

theres no way i would sell my car that cheap it would hurt me lol daren't look to see what house is worth

Stevie-Sport 09 January 2009 07:32 PM

yes but you see who they are run by..Carcraft... The company that overcharegs for cars anyway.. Thats how they make money...

bibicoz 09 January 2009 07:35 PM

rip off merchants

lucky_strike 09 January 2009 07:41 PM

My family have used them once after a bereavement and we had a car to shift quickly, they offered more than the dealer we bought it from and a mate who was trying to sell his old company car used them after 3 months of private sale ad's, they offered a low'ish value but still more than he had paid the lease company for it so he was up on the deal.

Yes they will offer low values but circumstances can dictate they are a easy route, also the more unusual or exotic the car the less value they are realistically going to be bidding, they work on high volume and low margin sales, shifting the cars quickly onto other traders.

Not great certainly but thought I'd post something positive :)

RyanSTI 09 January 2009 07:45 PM

somthing is only worth what somone will pay for it.

Will 09 January 2009 07:49 PM

Just like companys that buy properties for 70% of market value and then offer 60% last minute cheeky twats lol