ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Scoobynet text speak "Wall of Shame" (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/737139-scoobynet-text-speak-wall-of-shame.html)

Bubba po 08 January 2009 10:59 PM

Scoobynet text speak "Wall of Shame"

Rather than hassle people on their threads and take them off-topic, I thought it might be a good idea to find examples on Scoobynet of this nasty modern disease and post them on this thread for us all to titter at.

Here's a cracker to start us off:

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...about-car.html

The Dogs B******s 08 January 2009 11:03 PM

Nothing better to do i see,lets all complain about how people type.

PS:- CAR FORUM,not the Oxford English Dictionary Forum.:cuckoo:

GC8 08 January 2009 11:05 PM

Nothing better to do than make a pointless reply?

Bubba po 08 January 2009 11:05 PM

Just because it's a car forum, it doesn't have to be populated exclusively by dolts. :D

Lee247 08 January 2009 11:06 PM

He has a point. I detest it with a passion. I don't even use text speak when I send a text :thumb:

GC8 08 January 2009 11:07 PM

Manage your expectations Bob. In 2009 every uneducated imbecile has access to ScoobyNet.

Lee247 08 January 2009 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8408759)
Manage your expectations Bob. In 2009 every uneducated imbecile has access to ScoobyNet.

You had to go and say that under my flaming name, didn't you :lol1:

Bubba po 08 January 2009 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8408759)

Simon, that may be true, but at least it's not quite reached the level of Youtube comments. :D

The Dog's Danglies is hassling me on my thread and taking it off-topic. :mad:

dpb 08 January 2009 11:11 PM

<< Thread 4closed >>

The Dogs B******s 08 January 2009 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 8408769)
Simon, that may be true, but at least it's not quite reached the level of Youtube comments. :D

The Dog's Danglies is hassling me on my thread and taking it off-topic. :mad:

I do apologise

ALi-B 08 January 2009 11:18 PM

Its in the Rules: :rtfm: https://www.scoobynet.com/news-annou...th-2008-a.html :rtfm:

Originally Posted by Section 2
Furthermore, within reason we require that you post in a literate manner using correct and understandable grammar. Drunken ramblings will be deleted as will posts written using excessive "text speak"

I can even infract people for it. Not that I would, as the day I have to do that will be a sorry affair for the method we use to communicate between ourselves, which is otherwise better known as English :(

Bubba po 08 January 2009 11:20 PM

Ali, I don't want that to happen, I just think it's enough to poke the finger derisively. :D Peer pressure - it counts. :D

GC8 08 January 2009 11:22 PM

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y2...lson_ha_ha.jpg

Jamo 08 January 2009 11:22 PM

I feel sorry for you, if all you to do in the day is find peoples bad spelling mistakes on here... :rolleyes: thats just a bit sad.

ALi-B 08 January 2009 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 8408805)
Ali, I don't want that to happen, I just think it's enough to poke the finger derisively. :D Peer pressure - it counts. :D

Social studies do prove that peer pressure works; Just look at all the underage drinkers and smokers.

Or is that just teenage rebellion? :wonder:

How that translates to SN, I don't know. Unless its inhabited by a load of teenagers (although sometimes........ ;) ).

Bubba po 08 January 2009 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy1973 (Post 8408810)
I feel sorry for you, if all you to do in the day is find peoples bad spelling mistakes on here... :rolleyes: thats just a bit sad.

It's not spelling mistakes, it's deliberate text-speak. :)

Look at what salsa-king did! :lol1:

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...w-weekend.html

ALi-B 08 January 2009 11:31 PM

NE1 ? :wonder:

Does he mean: NE1 - Google Maps
;)

Jamo 08 January 2009 11:32 PM

text speak annoys me too. spelling is not my best subject due to being dislexic (sp?) so it annoys me a bit when people like telboy insist on telling me how it should be written, in my head its correct and I usually re read it a few times before submitting. dislexia dosen't mean stupid either im not stupid by a long shot, my spelling sucks though!

Bubba po 08 January 2009 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 8408832)

;)

Does the M8 go there, M8? :D

Tam the bam 08 January 2009 11:36 PM

What a pish boring thread! :Whatever_ I'm away back to watchpaintdrying.net for some better threads :idea: One lass painted her bathroom on the 3rd of January and it still hasn't dried, I'm gonna go watch the webcam footage now! :thumb:

Bubba po 08 January 2009 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy1973 (Post 8408837)
text speak annoys me too. spelling is not my best subject due to being dislexic (sp?) so it annoys me a bit when people like telboy insist on telling me how it should be written, in my head its correct and I usually re read it a few times before submitting. dislexia dosen't mean stupid either im not stupid by a long shot, my spelling sucks though!

Tel lives in a glass house, let me tell you. :D

Lee247 08 January 2009 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy1973 (Post 8408810)

Bad spelling I can live with. I am guilty of that myself :o

Text speak is extremely annoying. There was a wimmins on here, not so long ago who only spoke in text. I never bothered with her because I could not be arsed to take the time to try to figure out what the hell she was saying :D

ScoobLou 08 January 2009 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tam the bam (Post 8408846)
What a pish boring thread! :Whatever_ I'm away back to watchpaintdrying.net for some better threads :idea: One lass painted her bathroom on the 3rd of January and it still hasn't dried, I'm gonna go watch the webcam footage now! :thumb:

:lol1:

Connor_scotland 08 January 2009 11:41 PM

Text talk pisses me off. Shows how lazy the fecker is sitting at the keyboard. Do they speak in text language

Bubba po 08 January 2009 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tam the bam (Post 8408846)

Especially for you, Tam:;)

Post ur 816635t m4mm4riz ere

Tam the bam 08 January 2009 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 8408865)
Especially for you, Tam:;)

Post ur 816635t m4mm4riz ere

No time now, but thanx anyway, just found a thread about some old guys wallpaper which has peeled away from the top of his wall one inch since 1968 and there is a good chance of at least another inch peeling away in the next 40 years! :luxhello: Dontcha just love dampness!! :thumb: :D

Lisawrx 09 January 2009 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 8408832)

;)

Ah, my homeland. :)

Jaybird-UK 09 January 2009 07:37 AM

Pet hate is people typing der instead of (I presume) there

DCI Gene Hunt 09 January 2009 07:40 AM

Would somebody please delete/move this thread to dross or muppets?

TelBoy 09 January 2009 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by shaggy1973 (Post 8408837)

LOL, i don't "insist" on anything, James, i'm just the old-school fuddy-duddy who remembers when it mattered whether you knew the difference between to and too, and your and you're. I never pick up on anything other than the sort of spelling and grammar that the average seven year old should be aware of. And i make no apologies for doing so, car forum or not. :)